adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
they say highway burnouts :D. lol my tires are gunna hate me. wouldnt that be interesting, seein my truck goin down the highway and watch it go sideways from 50-60mph :roflmao:. i think id shit. doubt ill have the power for that though. 37s really take it out of a truck

Tell me about it! just wait till you try a 4wd launch :woott:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
You guys laugh but my best friends father is an old school drag racer and knows his shit to say the least...when I was in search on my 11 second slip, and I called him from the track as he always gives me tips, he asked me how many quarts of oil I had in my truck normal. Well to make a long story short, he told me to drain a few quarts and I'd see a half a tenth give or take. Said he used to do it all the time back in the day. I said I think im good with that. That must be how Paint got his 11 second slip :spit:

As far as the Limo goes, I can see it breakin those 37's loose on a 50mph dig. You have the fuel now :D I had my first ever highway looking at guardrail incident on sunday. Lets just say the trips come up on boost strong :eek:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Ok cool-that's what I have and I'm working on how to launch this truck with that lift-I have so far found out how not to launch the truck with the lift

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Take the torsion bar bolts out when you get to the track. Mark them with paint or count the turns to get them back to where they were (to keep alignment).

Drop tire pressure to equal squish, front and rear, if you're having problems spinning.(I never did on my 37s).

Start leaving at 8psi and go up until you start having issues or your 60' times start going back up. Then you'll know the sweet spot.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok cool-that's what I have and I'm working on how to launch this truck with that lift-I have so far found out how not to launch the truck with the lift

The lift isnt the greatest for drag racing. Steering angles never go flat when completely lowered. I always found leavin at about 15 psi and a quick roll into the throttle worked well. Never touched my air pressure for the track. A good set of shocks with lots of rebound in them will really help your launches too.

Lol yeah kris, if this shit goes sideways at 50, im gettin vid cause i know no one would believe it!!! Just like johnny cant drift the kodiack lmao.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Take the torsion bar bolts out when you get to the track. Mark them with paint or count the turns to get them back to where they were (to keep alignment).

Drop tire pressure to equal squish, front and rear, if you're having problems spinning.(I never did on my 37s).

Start leaving at 8psi and go up until you start having issues or your 60' times start going back up. Then you'll know the sweet spot.
I took a measurement and cut two pieces of pipe that were the right length to space my torsion bolts out. I take them out at the track and when I reinstall them I just snug them up agains the pipe spacers. A stack of flat washers will do the same but the pipe is easier to keep up with at the track, I just drop them in my pocket.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
wife just mentioned to me that as of two years ago today, the Limo was fired back to life! lol

shes been running strong and has 22-23k on her so far :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Comin up on 3 years and shes got 32.5k. Hasnt been on a tune smaller than 2100uS since i was given it. Couldnt be happier with how shes been running. Only real "motor work" ive needed to do was replace 2 injectors over the past summer. :D:D:D

id like to tear the motor down in a year or 2 and inspect it all but at this point its kinda "why fix what aint broke?" ;)

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I like the whole "fix it till it's broken" motto haha. Glad to hear you've been mostly problem free!

haha ive noticed that with yours lol. if i didnt use the truck so much, id probably have all kinds of other crap done to her but specially now that the zuk is gone, I have to DD her every day and ill be damned if i cant tow my stuff up north this summer :roflmao:

Come to bakersfield this weekend James we can break it :D

haha totally would but wednesday afternoon im headed to Tecate, BC, Mexico for a 3 day ride from there to San Felipe, then down to Coco's corner, then back to San Felipe, and back a little different route to Tecate. little over 300 miles in my sand car with 7 other rigs.