Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'll look at a lb7 vs lly intake runner in the am pretty sure there the exact same bolt pattern though.

Jake, did you ever have a chance to look?

Headed down to get the little missing pieces this week. I have a feeling my weeks vacation between christmas and new years is no longer going to happen. Work has been slammed for two months straight and i just cant get us caught up. New years weekend may be all i get!

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
I tried putting my lb7 rails on lly intake and only 2 bolt holes line up.It will work if you don't mind leaving a bolt out but that would drive me nuts.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I tried putting my lb7 rails on lly intake and only 2 bolt holes line up.It will work if you don't mind leaving a bolt out but that would drive me nuts.

nope! wont work for me lol. if im doing this, im doing this as complete as possible. plus the fact its no biggy to pick up the intakes.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i should be good Brock but thank you! if you know where some good LLY glow plugs are, im all ears though :D

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What's the difference between the LLY and the LBZ/LMM intake runners.?

a whole lot lol. the y-bridge opening is different and wont accept the LLY and older y-bridge. the fuel rails also bolt up differently. i dont even know if they will bolt to the head

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Bens harness and reflashed ECM showed up yesterday. i need to reloom the body side wiring still and figure out the glow plug wires. Engine top end gasket kit is here and the ECM box that holds it is here. basically just need to start tearing the engine down to figure out what size head gaskets i want.

It also looks like i may be taxing the motor if i run all out. Engine was built around the idea of staying at 800rwhp since i used delipped stock pistons. Well after Kyles thread popped up with the 483 and the fact i can run VGT turbos now, that will be changing.

so the game plan will be a 68r turbo from Mark, put the 83 under it and run 60% over sticks. Limo may just break the 1000hp mark :D. tow tune is going to need some pulse width cut back to keep her around 600 still lol