Allison 5sp: ats stg 3 ????

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
JoshH - looking back at the first pass (the only one I got to log) I went through the traps at about 3800 RPM. A couple of other passes I was over 4,000 RPM - next time I'm at the track I'll be logging the TCM to see if the command is given or not so that I know if the Alli Locker is the fix or if I need to send the converter back to SC to have a new clutch put in it under warranty.

Newly, yes with a 68mm Cheetah and single CP3 12.36 was my fastest pass and I don't consider that to be real power. I wasn't coming anywhere close to the limits of what an SC IV is made to handle. I don't know what your stock motor's mileage has to do with this discussion but, ummm congrats:confused:.

As I said I won't go back and forth about the ATS vs SC thing anymore, I have my preference and others have theirs.

Last edited:

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Oh I get it...You're saying Mike L. only posts when he's been drinking...

Yes
F U!
Jk newly but I have had good luck with my precision an I no for a fact that they hold up under high hp...
I have heard good things about precision converters. Good luck to you!
No, only ATS converters hold up. Just ask Newly :rolleyes:
Never said ATS converters are the only ones that hold up.

All i said was Suncoast converters are having issues and if it were me i would go with/recommend something else....oh and they have bad warrenty.

JoshH - looking back at the first pass (the only one I got to log) I went through the traps at about 3800 RPM. A couple of other passes I was over 4,000 RPM - next time I'm at the track I'll be logging the TCM to see if the command is given or not so that I know if the Alli Locker is the fix or if I need to send the converter back to SC to have a new clutch put in it under warranty.

Newly, yes with a 68mm Cheetah and single CP3 12.36 was my fastest pass and I don't consider that to be real power. I wasn't coming anywhere close to the limits of what an SC IV is made to handle. I don't know what your stock motor's mileage has to do with this discussion but, ummm congrats:confused:.

As I said I won't go back and forth about the ATS vs SC thing anymore, I have my preference and others have theirs.

:D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Yes

I have heard good things about precision converters. Good luck to you!

Never said ATS converters are the only ones that hold up.

All i said was Suncoast converters are having issues and if it were me i would go with/recommend something else....oh and they have bad warrenty.

:D

My freind Dimitri's 5 star converter is having the same lock up issue's as the suncoast converters are , we had to install a lock up switch to fix it ....... just a FYI. I am not interested in this argument just stating facts for those that are .

Last edited:

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
My freind Dimitri's 5 star converter is having the same lock up issue's as the suncoast converters are , we had to install a lock up switch to fix it ....... just a FYI. I am not interested in this argument just stating facts for those that are .

Dimitri is pushing over 1000hp:happy2:

Atleast he is a smart man and gota converter that can take the abuse:D

Didnt he already blow up a Suncoast trans/converter??

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't know about Suncoast stuff, but I heard he's blown up his fair share of ATS transmissions... :poke:

1badmax

Aug 28, 2006
Southern NH
i had ats trans before i think i went threw 8 in one season,
George ( big dipper ) built mine its been in for almost a year with at least 50 or more passes on trans thats 10 second passes
i just sent the trans to george to check it over cause my motor is out and figured good time to check it over it was still working good....

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Dimitri is pushing over 1000hp:happy2:

Atleast he is a smart man and gota converter that can take the abuse:D

Didnt he already blow up a Suncoast trans/converter??

no the other way around :D his converter has held though :rofl:, he went through 6 transmissions so far, 4 ATS , 2 no name using alto/transgo parts , and this one so far has lasted longer than the last 4 combined, we have 32 passes on it and dynoed 1100+ HP . I built the trans with Mike L as the mastermind guiding the propper mods to be done . we dont have a updated 1/4 mile time yet but he is in the 6.8's in the 1/8 at our home track in SLC.

Last edited: