Allison 5sp: ats stg 3 ????

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
i had ats trans before i think i went threw 8 in one season,
George ( big dipper ) built mine its been in for almost a year with at least 50 or more passes on trans thats 10 second passes
i just sent the trans to george to check it over cause my motor is out and figured good time to check it over it was still working good....

Big dipper does good work;)

no the other way around :D his converter has held though :rofl:, he went through 6 transmissions so far, 4 ATS , 2 no name using alto/transgo parts , and this one so far has lasted longer than the last 4 combined, we have 32 passes on it and dynoed 1100+ HP . I built the trans with Mike L as the mastermind guiding the propper mods to be done . we dont have a updated 1/4 mile time yet but he is in the 6.8's in the 1/8 at our home track in SLC.

Thats crazy MikeL let you guys keep a ATS converter in there. His truck is deff way sick. Congrats to you guys.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Dimitri is pushing over 1000hp:happy2:

Atleast he is a smart man and gota converter that can take the abuse:D

Didnt he already blow up a Suncoast trans/converter??

Actually he blew apart an ATS more than once. Call him and ask him.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not to talk about other peoples trucks but doesn't Tommy have an SC 1058??

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Fast like Tommy?:rofl:

Whens Tommys converter getting dialed in?

Guess you missed it. I gave tommy a three word explative to perform an impossible deed.
You need to sell him one of your converters to make him happy. He will be fast then.:D

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Cool Henry J.:D Yours? I have a friend that has one just like it. You may know him. His name is Patron. :hug::D Please don't judge him by his lates girlfriend. She barks. :rofl::hug::D

LOL HAHAHAHA that's funny I thought his name was Gran Patron? Probably the same guy... Drives a purple semi with a generator on the back? May or may not have a drinking problem?:D:hug::hug:

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Guess you missed it. I gave tommy a three word explative to perform an impossible deed.
You need to sell him one of your converters to make him happy. He will be fast then.:D

Sell him one of mine?
I never claimed to be a builder like others do.

Cool Henry J.:D Yours? I have a friend that has one just like it. You may know him. His name is Patron. :hug::D Please don't judge him by his lates girlfriend. She barks. :rofl::hug::D

eh, must be a old person thing.

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon

If it broke (or didnt lock) ATS would have you another converter for free.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at my sig.

I have an ATS 5 star sitting on my garage floor because it was a rev to 4000rpm wonder at the track. Bad converter....I don't think so. Just not right for me.

Called and talked to them about it and they suggested installing a lockup switch on the copilot wires. Just a bunch of hmmm.....huhhhh.... oh my..

I'm all for telling it like it is one way or another. The trans itself is fine.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at my sig.

I have an ATS 5 star sitting on my garage floor because it was a rev to 4000rpm wonder at the track. Bad converter....I don't think so. Just not right for me.

Called and talked to them about it and they suggested installing a lockup switch on the copilot wires. Just a bunch of hmmm.....huhhhh.... oh my..

I'm all for telling it like it is one way or another. The trans itself is fine.

Sounds just like Tommys Suncoast converter.... revs to 4000 rpm too.

They all have issues sooner or later...

I bet you can get the ATS warrentied atleast.