LLY: All 8 injectors bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Come on man from the begging of this thread, go read it again, you will see that the duramaxtothemax character was rude and nasty before I was. Yeah I enjoy reading and looking at all of you all's suuped up engines, it is amazing the amount of work you all put into them, and I am sure you know them inside and out... I don't....So I did my best, and failed. I had a kid from the votech that does know all about the duramax motor come out and he hooked it up to the efi computer and we did our best to fix it, but decided it wasn't worth any more money.

if the kid knew anything about the dmax, and assuming his assumption was correct (but we all know where your assuming got your truck) he would have known that fixng the FPRV cast much less than injectors/cp3 and takes alot less time.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Hey thanks for all the help you all, just wanted to update this thread if anyone cared about the outcome- I sold the truck this morning for scrap to a local junkyard... Why? Well, I paid a kid from the local votech to come take a look at the truck with the efi live thing i ordered. Turned out the something with the new CP3 pump's pressure relief valve was causing really really high rail pressure at idle and crazy high as rpms went up!! He said that some might be hanging up and causing all the white smoke... So, per his advice, I had the kid take the injectors I just bought back out of the truck and got them tested, and 4 were bad... The diesel injection shop said warranty approval from bosch could take 6 weeks plus shipping time... I Didn't want to spend another 1500 to 2000 for 4 more stupid crap-jectors, and I didn't want to wait 2 months... so I called up the local junkyard and told him all about it, he came out and looked it over, and gave me 7,500 for the piece of junk!!!!!! I am THRILLED!!!! :happy2::happy2:
This whole thread really confuses me. I would like to have had the opportunity to work on the truck just to see what is actually going on because it doesn't sound like anyone that has worked on it yet has a clue. No offense intended to the OP.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Something doesn't seem right here. How many trucks does this guy have? He talked about an 02 dodge, an 09 dodge, the truck he screwed up, an 07 dodge and a 10 dmax. And he says he dropped the money for all the parts and efi live but then dumps the truck cuz it costs too much. If he has the money for all this stuff why wouldn't he have the dealer fix it and be done. Either he somehow has way to much money to waste or its all bs. I'm leaning towards bs.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like trucks! The new Duramax is my wife's, I bought it for her because we were so happy with the 05 all these years (this was before it broke). The 09 Dodge is mine, the 02 dodge is mine, the 07 powerstroke I bought for my son for graduating from high school valedictorian. No.... it is all bs, I actually don't even own a car or a computer or a home, I live under a bridge and i am typing this in a public library. Think what you want, I already explained why I got rid of it, 4 of the new injectors were bad and it either needed a new fprv on the pump, which was also brand new and not likely.. so we had no idea why it made that much pressure, thought it was something else electronic because the computer was 'commanding' the high pressure for some reason, I said screw it, I am done dicking with it. Why is that so unbelievable?

if the kid knew anything about the dmax, and assuming his assumption was correct (but we all know where your assuming got your truck) he would have known that fixng the FPRV cast much less than injectors/cp3 and takes alot less time.

In addition, I would have had to buy 4 more injectors because the set of 8 new I just bought had 4 bad ones for some reason, maybe related to the high pressure. Yeah, I could replace the fprv and buy 4 more injectors, but if that didn't fix there would be another 1650 bucks gone. You see what I am saying? It is a money pit!!!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I like trucks! The new Duramax is my wife's, I bought it for her because we were so happy with the 05 all these years (this was before it broke). The 09 Dodge is mine, the 02 dodge is mine, the 07 powerstroke I bought for my son for graduating from high school valedictorian. No.... it is all bs, I actually don't even own a car or a computer or a home, I live under a bridge and i am typing this in a public library. Think what you want, I already explained why I got rid of it, 4 of the new injectors were bad and it either needed a new fprv on the pump, which was also brand new and not likely.. so we had no idea why it made that much pressure, thought it was something else electronic because the computer was 'commanding' the high pressure for some reason, I said screw it, I am done dicking with it. Why is that so unbelievable?

In addition, I would have had to buy 4 more injectors because the set of 8 new I just bought had 4 bad ones for some reason, maybe related to the high pressure. Yeah, I could replace the fprv and buy 4 more injectors, but if that didn't fix there would be another 1650 bucks gone. You see what I am saying? It is a money pit!!!

I dunno where you buy your injectors but if i put 8 new injectors in im pretty sure youget a 12 month / 12k mile warrenty on them so all you would have had to do was return them sayin they are still bad and got 4 other ones. Why you would have to buy 4 new ones after buy 8 is a mystery to me. And teh FPRV is not on the cp3, that is the FPR. big difference. FPRV ist he Fuel Pressure Relief Valve, the FPR is the Fuel Pressure Regulator. For all you know you coulda had a LBZ cp3 and a plugged FPRV which i would bet could cause your smoking issue cause teh FPR on a LBZ is much different (tuning wise) than a LLY. You misforture again is from assuming, improper diagnosis, and not doing your homework. the truck was not the money pit, trust me

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
wow. Just like I suspected....I knew this would happen. You didnt actually give a shit about fixing it, you just wanted a good excuse to buy a dodge and when the opportunity presented itself, you gave up before even trying. You're an idiot for doing what you did, you didnt even try to fix it, you could even do what we told you to do.

Like I said, you probably had a previous dislike for this truck and didnt even care about fixing it. You just put a shitty half assed effort in and threw up your hands.

And to top it off, this whole problem isnt even the trucks fault, WTF. You put crappy fuel in a CR cummins and it will shit out just as fast. :rolleyes:

Wow this only gets better. :spit:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I had a kid from the votech that does know all about the duramax motor come out and he hooked it up to the efi computer and we did our best to fix it, but decided it wasn't worth any more money. .

obviously he doesnt know shit if he couldnt fix it. Id love to see proof that "a kit from votech" actually came out and tried. This is not a complicated problem, there are about 2 possible sources of the problem.

-Crap in the fuel lines
-you screwed something up when you put it back together.

I was being an ass because you werent putting any effort into fixing this and I knew from the beginning this is where the thread would end up. I can tell when someone actually cares and wants to fix something and when someone doesnt. You fall into the latter. Like I said before, you didnt give a shit about fixing this truck in the first place, so you only put a halfassed effort into even trying.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
obviously he doesnt know shit if he couldnt fix it. Id love to see proof that "a kit from votech" actually came out and tried. This is not a complicated problem, there are about 2 possible sources of the problem.

-Crap in the fuel lines
-you screwed something up when you put it back together.

I was being an ass because you werent putting any effort into fixing this and I knew from the beginning this is where the thread would end up. I can tell when someone actually cares and wants to fix something and when someone doesnt. You fall into the latter. Like I said before, you didnt give a shit about fixing this truck in the first place, so you only put a halfassed effort into even trying.

He didn't need to fix it he had money to burn. :thumb:

X2. im done with this guy. as they say, arguing with an idiot only brings you down to their level and im tired of bein down there

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Dude either your lying out your ass bout buying 8 new injectors or your just retarded I sell Bosch injectors they have a 12k mile and 1 year warranty you wouldn't have had to pay shit an if all you needed tuning cause you had a lbz pump an reg thats a horrible reason to get rid of a truck an chevy1925 is right bout the fprv also but whatever dude goodluck with the new truck think this has been beat to death now so I'm done

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Dude either your lying out your ass bout buying 8 new injectors or your just retarded I sell Bosch injectors they have a 12k mile and 1 year warranty you wouldn't have had to pay shit an if all you needed tuning cause you had a lbz pump an reg thats a horrible reason to get rid of a truck an chevy1925 is right bout the fprv also but whatever dude goodluck with the new truck think this has been beat to death now so I'm done

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

I didn't take pictures of the injectors themselves, I should have or people think i am a liar.

Alright, it was gonna take 6 weeks + shipping time for warranty approval from bosch. I didn't want to wait around payin insurance on a broke truck, I don't know.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Thanks for the words... Yeah I would have put it up on here, but it would have been a lot of trouble for an out of state guy to come and maybe buy a truck that might not even be repairable, I would hate to sell something in that condition to a hard working guy then find out it is screwed up and can't be fixed, rather just pawn it off on a junkyard. I do appreciate the help!!! I still have one Duramax though, and I just bought it in January... A 2010.... So I am sure I will be back on here when the warranty runs out on it!!!! :thumb:

Would of been driving it within a week

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Would of been driving it within a week

Is that right? I thought I made a good choice, but I guess maybe not now. I probably could get it back today, I don't know, maybe, jim is a good guy we have known each other for a while. I still have the title somewhere, he was going to part it out, he might sell it back. Is it worth messing with though? What would cause the 4 injectors I just put in to go bad? I AM SURE I cleaned out the lines good, I used 4 cans of brake clean and blew them all out on the bench. Could that FPR thing on the rail be damaged by removing it? What exactly is it? I am dead serious, alright not playing around.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Sorry to see you got out of it so quickly. It's a real shame there isn't someone from some of the sites around that could have helped you out. Like someone else said, there aren't but a few things that'll make it do what it was doing after the new parts were put on.

later

Status
Not open for further replies.