LLY: All 8 injectors bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
Yeah believe it or not it is, he ran the crap out of it for about an hour or so daily for three days, all the while billowing out white smoke like crazy, and then all of a sudden day three it cleared up and now it doesn't smoke at all. Maybe the cat was filled with raw fuel, i dunno. :confused:

You know, My radio hasn't picked up good since I did that antenna delete. Wonder if I leave it turned up for a few days and blow a speaker or 2 if it'll get any better ?

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
hey your the dumb ass that decided to just beat the shit out of truck you put 4,5,6 grand into and now you THINK its fixed :rolleyes:. Next post will probably be "ok, now its blowin a shit load of black smoke and its still stock. whats wrong?? not that i wanna fix it cause its cool as hell blackin out the roads and intersections here". i think it was better off at the junk yard

glad you came back, the comedy will continue now :D

Ah your just mad because you wish you could afford a truck as nice as the one I consider to be a piece of crap. HAHA, I really don't even care anymore.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
:spit::spit::rofl::rofl: his new avatar is pricless!!!

Yeah I agree, it is pretty nice.
cummins_logo.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ah your just mad because you wish you could afford a truck as nice as the one I consider to be a piece of crap. HAHA, I really don't even care anymore.

hahahahahahaha:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you keep tellin yourself that. I know it makes your redneck ass feel all warm and fuzzy..............................................................................................oh wait, thats probably jsut your hemroids. :redneck: hahaha

Last edited:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
a big C, that it?? shesh. i figured you could come back with somethin better than that. quick, go drink a few more beers :spit:

Yeah. Yeah I am back now, truck broke again so I hauled up to the GM dealer up in town. Man I don't see how you all can afford to keep these things, they break down all the time. Jeeeesus...

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Yeah. Yeah I am back now, truck broke again so I hauled up to the GM dealer up in town. Man I don't see how you all can afford to keep these things, they break down all the time. Jeeeesus...

When a monkey is working on it, you expect it to run great?

The Dodge dealers give you a free monkey when you buy their trucks. :thumb:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
When a monkey is working on it, you expect it to run great?

The Dodge dealers give you a free monkey when you buy their trucks. :thumb:

This monkey isn't real up on this new age of computers them trucks got on em, you all should be real impressed that I am able to share all of this great info about these trucks with my limited knowledge of computers.

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Update: Called up to the dealer where I took the truck before they closed today, and they are saying number 8 cylinder has no compression and they are still checking the rest of the engine out for why it failed. Injector tip looked fine on number 8, but apparantly something happened to the injector when we were screwing with the truck after my buddy got it where it stopped smoking we are guessing, which caused number 8 injector to hang open and melted the piston they are betting. Me and the boys are about to go raising he11 up at the dealership showroom sometime this week we are thinking, try to warn some folks about these things before they get into one for 55 grand. :villagers: So we are thinking there was some little bit of corrored metal or something foreign in the connector pipe for that number 8, or maybe somehow water was still present in the fuel cooler. I thought for sure it would have been fine by back flushing the feed line from the tank with diesel and compressed air. I don't know. WE did pull the bed, and unscrewed and removed the sending unit and totally scrubbed the tank and module spotless. We are also thinking that maybe that white smoke may have been caused by whatever remaining water may have been in the fuel cooler, and NOT raw fuel in the cat or junk in the cylinders like we were thinking. If so, then that may have damaged all 8 injectors, and destroyed the number 8 injector. I am thinking it wouldn't be too hard to inframe that number 8 piston, but how far the damage could be extended into the oiling system of the motor, we are wondering about. Dealer is going to figure up the cost here by the first of next week after they figure out what all is broken, but probably going to be getting a junkyard motor.

Last edited:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Update: Called up to the dealer where I took the truck before they closed today, and they are saying number 8 cylinder has no compression and they are still checking the rest of the engine out for why it failed. Injector tip looked fine on number 8, but apparantly something happened to the injector when we were screwing with the truck after my buddy got it where it stopped smoking we are guessing, which caused number 8 injector to hang open and melted the piston they are betting. about tMe and the boys are o go raising he11 up at the dealership showroom sometime this week we are thinking, try to warn some folks about these things before they get into one for 55 grand. :villagers: So we are thinking there was some little bit of corrored metal or something foreign in the connector pipe for that number 8, or maybe somehow water was still present in the fuel cooler. I thought for sure it would have been fine by back flushing the feed line from the tank with diesel and compressed air. I don't know.

Wow..... Just Wow..... I've got 160k on my 2004 truck. Only issues I've had where A/C condenser needed to be replaced, needed both front wheel bearings, both rear axle seals, transfer case output seal and had the transfer case rub problem.... Motor was fine after 125k of "juiced" tuning ranging from +100hp to +330hp, and I'm NOT easy on my vehicles. Killed the transmission, but that was my fault due to running the big tunes. The only reason I just swapped a LBZ motor in was because I WANTED to upgrade to the LBZ ECM, TCM & 6-speed transmission. There are MANY, MANY others out there with similar lack of major problems and more miles. I'd be willing to bet that you and your friends monkey-futzing with it is why it's STILL having issues. You where just throwing parts at it hoping to fix it, while you don't have the right tools to determine what the actual problem is or was.

Granted, the LB7's had a lot of injector issues, but injector issues are very rare on the LLY's and LBZ's. I still find it unlikely in the EXTREME that all 8 injectors where bad. Heck , while I had the top of my LBZ motor apart and the rails off and cleaned everything out, the crap that was in the fuel lines was surprising.... Rust and such.... but after cleaning the rails and lines, putting it all back together and running it for the last month, balance rates are all +/- 0.5mm.

Based on this thread, I'd say you're either clueless or FOS. YOu should put the truck up for sale here... I bet someone would buy it, fix it and it would be good as new inside a week....

Monkies & footballs......

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Maybe you should have just had the dealer work on the truck in the first place. :rolleyes: The worst dealer tech on the planet would have done a better job than you did.

What a friggin fiasco.

Last edited:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
Wow..... Just Wow..... I've got 160k on my 2004 truck. Only issues I've had where A/C condenser needed to be replaced, needed both front wheel bearings, both rear axle seals, transfer case output seal and had the transfer case rub problem.... Motor was fine after 125k of "juiced" tuning ranging from +100hp to +330hp, and I'm NOT easy on my vehicles. Killed the transmission, but that was my fault due to running the big tunes. The only reason I just swapped a LBZ motor in was because I WANTED to upgrade to the LBZ ECM, TCM & 6-speed transmission. There are MANY, MANY others out there with similar lack of major problems and more miles. I'd be willing to bet that you and your friends monkey-futzing with it is why it's STILL having issues. You where just throwing parts at it hoping to fix it, while you don't have the right tools to determine what the actual problem is or was.

Granted, the LB7's had a lot of injector issues, but injector issues are very rare on the LLY's and LBZ's. I still find it unlikely in the EXTREME that all 8 injectors where bad. Heck , while I had the top of my LBZ motor apart and the rails off and cleaned everything out, the crap that was in the fuel lines was surprising.... Rust and such.... but after cleaning the rails and lines, putting it all back together and running it for the last month, balance rates are all +/- 0.5mm.

Based on this thread, I'd say you're either clueless or FOS. YOu should put the truck up for sale here... I bet someone would buy it, fix it and it would be good as new inside a week....

Man I sat there and watched them put each of the 8 injectors on their computerized injector squirter machine, I saw the fuel pressure going into the injector go up to 350 bar. I heard the solenoids click on each, but no fuel came out of the injectors. This injection shop is huge, they do pretty much all the injector testing on big trucks for okc and tulsa, cummins, detroit, cat, etc, they are big time, they have the newest equipment. If the cummins southwest branch in okc on mcarthur and reno need injectors tested, they send them there. They know what they are doing, and I am telling you that all 8 of those injectors were bad. I swear to god, if they weren't I would not have bought 8 new ones, which as you saw earlier in this thread i did prove that I bought. As rare as it may be, it happened to this engine. I am so sorry if you think it can't happen, because it did most certainly happen in this case. I am extremely happy for your success with this motor, I just don't see it being very durable.

Where I come from, if something breaks, you buy new parts and put them on and it is good to go. If the cylinder head cracked on my old cat dozer, I would buy a whole new cylinder head, valves, seals, retainers, springs, exhaust manifold, bolts, gaskets, turbo and anything else I took off.

It's having major issues, like a melted number 8 piston... It aint my or my buddy's fault the injector hung up and melted it down! It now is screwed, it has no compression on number 8, either one of the valves are jacked or the piston is broke or melted, I don't know yet. Probably piston because it was knocking. The only thing I did wrong was I forgot to tighten the t50 torx plug on the back of the fuel rail!! Good god hang me out to dry and burn me at the stake I made a mistake! You ever made a mistake putting something together? Nah of course not, just idiot newbies like me do that. Alright, so I got it to run after that loose plug, but it smoked white like crazy! Didn't diagnose it, so I junked it shame on me i was having personal issues with my wife and blah blah I junked it to make a point, alright. Then i bought it back, and we got it to stop smoking and then while running around it started knocking. We didn't touch anything!!! Just hotrodded it with his edge juice module, never overheated!!! So I don't know how we were monkeyfutzing with it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
So I made all this up? Is that what you think? Well you are wrong hoss, any proof you want I would be oh so happy to provide

no, your a dumbass and blame the issue or problem on everything else. You the Fing idiot that drives the truck, a truck by its self can not break its self. it takes inbred morons such as your self to do what you did to the truck. Your a bigger peice of s**t than your truck is, i can tell you that right now. If you start the truck up and stuff your face in the mechanical fan ill bet it fixes your piston :rofl::rofl:

brokentothemaxdiesel

On a Time Out
Jun 13, 2010
no, your a dumbass and blame the issue or problem on everything else. You the Fing idiot that drives the truck, a truck by its self can not break its self. it takes inbred morons such as your self to do what you did to the truck. Your a bigger peice of s**t than your truck is, i can tell you that right now. If you start the truck up and stuff your face in the mechanical fan ill bet it fixes your piston :rofl::rofl:

Oh that hurts. Well what did I do wrong exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.