Turbo sock/blanket

THE TECH

Apr 9, 2008
Anaheim Hills
1darkdmax,

Checked the Ebay listings. I see them avail for stock turbos but nothing aftermarket. What can you do for me? PM if you like.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
WIll the stock heat shield fit over the sock or replace it? THinking both would help. Not too concerned on performance gain, but would like cooler under hood temps and quicker cool down. Towing and then waiting for temps to drop sucks. I wonder if the under hood temps help:
1) less heat to the intake tube. According to bank's intake testing, cooler intake temps although small, do help a bit.
2) Make wires, belts and hoses last longer by keeping under hood temps down.
3) What about better engine cooling? If the air in the compartment is cooler, maybe some effect on cooling? Probably a stretch on that.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
WIll the stock heat shield fit over the sock or replace it? THinking both would help. Not too concerned on performance gain, but would like cooler under hood temps and quicker cool down. Towing and then waiting for temps to drop sucks. I wonder if the under hood temps help:
1) less heat to the intake tube. According to bank's intake testing, cooler intake temps although small, do help a bit.
2) Make wires, belts and hoses last longer by keeping under hood temps down.
3) What about better engine cooling? If the air in the compartment is cooler, maybe some effect on cooling? Probably a stretch on that.

The Turbo Sock will never get too hot for you to touch with your bare hand. I'll leave it at that and let everyone else chime in with the good, the bad, and the ugly. :eek:

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Well, just ordered one, black. Stock turbo, not expecting much performance gain, but will look forward to lower under hood temps if possible. The ebay pic showed the white lettering "turbo sock" on it. Possible to get it without it? Just plain black? Not much on advertizing. Only have one lable on my truck, "Mc Rat Racing" on the back window.