Turbo sock/blanket

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i used the turbo blanket kit from thermo tec. i didn't notice any difference but it's nice to know it's on there.

stock turbo ? i dont know what it will do , i think with as many things as i am covering it will at least help underhood temps , if not some spoolup to boot we will see .

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
i used the turbo blanket kit from thermo tec. i didn't notice any difference but it's nice to know it's on there.

The thermo tec kit's seem nice, they're a cut to fit deal where mine is more of a direct fit for each specific turbo. It just depends on what you're after. Definitely nice to have multiple options though. I am curious though, can you touch the top of the blanket without getting burned after driving the truck hard for awhile? I've haven't been around their blanket other than seeing a few on tuner cars. Thanks.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
stock turbo ? i dont know what it will do , i think with as many things as i am covering it will at least help underhood temps , if not some spoolup to boot we will see .

yea i agree, it can't hurt right.

The thermo tec kit's seem nice, they're a cut to fit deal where mine is more of a direct fit for each specific turbo. It just depends on what you're after. Definitely nice to have multiple options though. I am curious though, can you touch the top of the blanket without getting burned after driving the truck hard for awhile? I've haven't been around their blanket other than seeing a few on tuner cars. Thanks.

to be honest i never tried it. but i will tonight when i get home. hopefully i don't post a pic tomorrow of 3rd degree burns on my fingers lol

12secondhandshaker

<---Stock trans
Jan 21, 2009
Sparta, MI
I must say after installing mine I am very very impressed. :D

Lower EGT's at cruise by 50+ degrees
Quicker spool at low boost
Quicker spool at medium boost
1-2psi peak boost increase
Boost comes on quick, hard, and much faster than before

I noticed a difference with even a stock tune!

You can literally drive the truck hard for 30min and put your hand on the blanket on top of the turbo and its about as hot as fresh laundry from the dryer.

I am happy with the product and would recommend it to the "non-believer"

Last edited:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

You can literally drive the truck hard for 30min and put your hand on the blanket on top of the turbo and its about as hot as fresh laundry from the dryer.

thats great , i recieved my 2 blankets and my hot pipe cover and the look great crafstmanship is excelent , and glad i got them in black :cool: i will report back my results , my twins might not be a good test mule but i will report non the less .

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In

damn good to hear, yea mine is still super hot... i burned my finger:(

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I got mine installed and have simular results. I also installed the drivers side medium duty manifold and up pipe the same day. My egts are around 100 degrees cooler or more driving down the interstate and a run 1-2 psi more boost at the same crusing speed than before. WOT I hit 32 psi and the lowest it goes is 30-31 psi then back to 32 when before it would hit 30 then drop to 28 and slowly come back to 30. I'm sure both the sock and manifold/up pipe are both contributing. Just got to get the passenger side done.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Very great and nicely priced product. Easy installation with good instructions and a nice fit around the turbo. Forgot to mention I drove around town for about an hour and putting your hand on the blanket it barely feels warm. Thanks for making these!

emiller3

He's Back
Feb 21, 2009
lake charles,LA.
Very great and nicely priced product. Easy installation with good instructions and a nice fit around the turbo. Forgot to mention I drove around town for about an hour and putting your hand on the blanket it barely feels warm. Thanks for making these!

I definatly like to hear that.Can't wait to get mine.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I'm very happy to hear these are working for you guys. :)

what the hell levi i thought your were back ordering matts blanket :p all talk no action :rofl: i was going to take mine by his shop to show off your handy work and he sain dont worry his would be here in a day or 2 :dontknow:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i dont know about everyone else but i was suprized how thick they were , i think the hotpipe cover will be very nice for any one with twins . i will post up some pics mine are going on this weekend .