Turbo sock/blanket

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Would also wrapping your up pipes do anything for you along with the turbo blanket?

I'm working on building a kit for my truck to wrap the manifolds and up-pipes. Just trying to find the time, if it's easy enough to put on, I will be releasing them to the public, I'm shooting for something you could pull your inner fenders, remove the tires and put the blankets on everything. If you were to wrap everything along with the turbo housing, spool up should be almost instantaneous and under hood temps will be almost ambient air temp.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Would also wrapping your up pipes do anything for you along with the turbo blanket?

I thought about header wraping my up pipes but I could not get then to come out the way I wanted.

I have Swaintech coating on my Turbine housings They seem to be holds up well so far. That Guy on here had someone make up blankets for his hotpipes and turbines IIRC. Looked pretty sweet.

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
The guy that made mine was Levi....also known as Turbo Performance Products....also known as 1darkmax.

I have a blanket on both my turbos and he also made me one for the hot pipe that connects them.

I had my exhaust manifold ceramic coated by PolyDyn and intended to do the piping and exhaust housings the same way....but I noticed that even with the ceramic coating the heat coming off the manifold was still incredible. I actually burned myself one time at least an hour after I killed the truck....took some skin right off. LOL

That stuff not perforing like I wanted got me to looking at other options and I ran across Levi through another company....he made the stuff and I put it on not knowing exactly how it would work.

Let me tell you...it freakin works.
My spool time on the compounds was reduced noticably, my underhood temps dropped so much it's not even funny, my EGT's went down a bit at WOT....basically everything Levi can tell you is true.
I can drive the truck for hours....leave it running and hold my hand on the blanket on the exhaust housings and barely feel any heat coming through.

As far as performance goes....those blankets blow away any ceramic coating you can get...period.

Since every time I talk up a product I get the same old...."well..you got sponsored" BS let me say.....my blankets were in no way sponsored. I paid retail just like anyone else would.....and if I swapped turbos I'd buy more before I even installed them.

I even sent Pat a PM telling him about those things.

Last edited:

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
The guy that made mine was Levi....also known as Turbo Performance Products....also known as 1darkmax.

I have a blanket on both my turbos and he also made me one for the hot pipe that connects them.

I had my exhaust manifold ceramic coated by PolyDyn and intended to do the piping and exhaust housings the same way....but I noticed that even with the ceramic coating the heat coming off the manifold was still incredible. I actually burned myself one time at least an hour after I killed the truck....took some skin right off. LOL

That stuff not perforing like I wanted got me to looking at other options and I ran across Levi through another company....he made the stuff and I put it on not knowing exactly how it would work.

Let me tell you...it freakin works.
My spool time on the compounds was reduced noticably, my underhood temps dropped so much it's not even funny, my EGT's went down a bit at WOT....basically everything Levi can tell you is true.
I can drive the truck for hours....leave it running and hold my hand on the blanket on the exhaust housings and barely feel any heat coming through.

As far as performance goes....those blankets blow away any ceramic coating you can get...period.

Since every time I talk up a product I get the same old...."well..you got sponsored" BS let me say.....my blankets were in no way sponsored. I paid retail just like anyone else would.....and if I swapped turbos I'd buy more before I even installed them.

I even sent Pat a PM telling him about those things.

Thanks for chiming in.:)

UNBROKEN

Mar 30, 2008
Here's the best installed pic I could find.

4657y.jpg

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i ordered 2 and a hotpipe cover :eek: couple hours ago . looks like the gravy train rolled in :rofl: Levi seemed like a nice guy on the phone .

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i used the turbo blanket kit from thermo tec. i didn't notice any difference but it's nice to know it's on there.

Last edited: