Turbo sock/blanket

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
what the hell levi i thought your were back ordering matts blanket :p all talk no action :rofl: i was going to take mine by his shop to show off your handy work and he sain dont worry his would be here in a day or 2 :dontknow:

That's what he thinks :rofl: I hope he's standing out there waiting for the post man to show up.... In all actuality though, I'll probably ship it tomorrow, I don't want to piss him off too bad.....just make him sweat a little while he's listening to you talk about yours that have already showed up.

POUR'N COAL

Feb 22, 2007
That's what he thinks :rofl: I hope he's standing out there waiting for the post man to show up.... In all actuality though, I'll probably ship it tomorrow, I don't want to piss him off too bad.....just make him sweat a little while he's listening to you talk about yours that have already showed up.

If you piss around to long I will E coat it at 2600 deg buy a sheet and cut out my own.:D

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
They are on Ebay under Turbo Sock, or you can go to turboperformanceproducts.com. Mods once again, if this is too much info, please let me know.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
here are some pics of levi's turbo blankets and the hotpipe blanket installed.

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i have had my blankets on long enough to give a review ....

so far for me spooling is hard to tell it seems to be a smigion faster , but the biggest benifit i can see is you can really tell how much they are keeping the heat soak off the compressor housing after running hard the egt's get below 400 much faster like 1/2 the time as before and recover faster when doing WOT runs , and underhood temps seem much better . good money spent escpecially for those people running twins the hot pipe blanket is a nice peice . for me my egt's are super low already so i cant say if i lost any or not .

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
i have had my blankets on long enough to give a review ....

so far for me spooling is hard to tell it seems to be a smigion faster , but the biggest benifit i can see is you can really tell how much they are keeping the heat soak off the compressor housing after running hard the egt's get below 400 much faster like 1/2 the time as before and recover faster when doing WOT runs , and underhood temps seem much better . good money spent escpecially for those people running twins the hot pipe blanket is a nice peice . for me my egt's are super low already so i cant say if i lost any or not .

Do you notice your EGT's will climb and fall much faster?

Also where can I get some more metal straps I need to adjust mine and I cant do it without cutting the straps:eek:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Do you notice your EGT's will climb and fall much faster?

Also where can I get some more metal straps I need to adjust mine and I cant do it without cutting the straps:eek:

levi can send you straps or summit racing sells them also .

cant say on climbing faster it seems to but understand its hard to tell ... from part throttle to WOT i go from 700 deg part throttle and 1150-1200 deg WOT ... not much of a sweep , it spools better while getting ready to launch , but cant really feel driving , it def falls alot faster i dont have to wait near as long to shut down , i usually wait till pyro reads 350 or so . unless i have ran real hard then i wait for the oil to cool a bit .

Last edited: