Turbo sock/blanket

Mar 25, 2008
Whitehorse Yukon
I see these for sale on ebay and wonder if they would be a good idea. I understand the concept of holding the heat in to decrease spool time but I would worry on a 1/4 mile pass when the EGT's are climbing high like 1500 degrees or more that it wouldn't let the extreme heat dissapate fast and could hurt something.

Any thoughts on this.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I talked to HTT about this along time ago and they recomended this FWIW

Did i notice a difference....NO:D

Garret makes a nice blanket cover and PPE has a inconel cover(very slick)....Both are nice!

carcrafter22

< Danger Ranger
Dec 22, 2006
Burleson,Tx
I painted my secondar turbo with a ceramic silver paint I bought at oriellys and it has held up just fine for several thousands of miles. I have everything torn down now to get ceramic coated right now though (ceramic chrome). I also looked into the turbo blankets on ebay and alot of people that tried them told me they get brittle after a while and hard. I chose to go with blankets for both turbos and for the intermediate pipe to help spool up, I went with DPdiesel a little more money but you get what you pay for ( at least thats my experience). The stuff I recieved looks top notch and from the others I have talked to they work awsome but I will be giving them the test as soon as I get it all ceramic coated and reinstalled.

FWIW I went with blankets because alot of people talk about how they help with spooling. I hope they help

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
I see these for sale on ebay and wonder if they would be a good idea. I understand the concept of holding the heat in to decrease spool time but I would worry on a 1/4 mile pass when the EGT's are climbing high like 1500 degrees or more that it wouldn't let the extreme heat dissapate fast and could hurt something.

Any thoughts on this.

I make them. Ask any questions you may have. It will actually lower top end EGT's due to the increased exhaust velocity from the heat being held in the exhaust housing and not dissipated. I have one on my 05 LLY (stock turbo) and it was a noticeable decrease in spool and the EGT's were a lot lower at idle and when going home and shutting the truck off in the driveway.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
I make them. Ask any questions you may have. It will actually lower top end EGT's due to the increased exhaust velocity from the heat being held in the exhaust housing and not dissipated. I have one on my 05 LLY (stock turbo) and it was a noticeable decrease in spool and the EGT's were a lot lower at idle and when going home and shutting the truck off in the driveway.

I want one for my A5K. Whatcha got?