So Cal Sled Pull June 14th

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
OK Betty just called there is going to be a sled pull 06-14-08 at Lancaster Fairgrounds :D

More details to follow shortly

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
Wow Kat, you don't mess around.
Ok, here are a bunch of the details. I am going to copy and paste so I don't leave anything out.
First of all, this is all for Kids charities They are raffling off numerous things including the Grand Prize, a 2008 105th anniversary edition Harley-Davidson StreetGlide motorcycle.
A complete Softtub from Ideal Spa. Custom Harley Davidson Vending Machine from The Spa Shop Inc. 08 Polaris Phoenix 200 Quad from Palmdale Supercycle. ETC.
Events will include a Bike Show, Classic Car show, Import Car show, Entertainment concerts including Foghat a 1970's band, Food and of course BEER! Kid's Area/ Carnival, Poker Run and a Poker Tournament, Alternative Fuel Expo, Trucking 4 Kids Charity Truck show and shine, Burnout contest, and of course the Sled Pull. They will have a huge vendor area for the Diesel vendors and it will be located close to the pull and the big Truck area. 50% of all Diesel related vendor booths fees will go to a purse for the pull. ALL participants will have a chance to will purse money. There will be TV coverage and Radio coverage and advertising and they have a professional announcer for the pull. The grandstands hold over 10 thousand people and are expected to be packed. There is only a $5.00 charge to come watch and that includes the Band too after the pull so it is vary affordable for family's to come and watch.
Remember this is all for Charity for Kids.
This event is the second largest charity motorcycle event West of the Mississippi, second only to the Love Ride.
Registration for the pull is $30 and that gets you a T shirt as well. The pull will be on Sat, June 14th and it starts about 4:00 p.m. Gates will open at 3:00 I believe.
Although they are supposed to have an updated web site by this week, you can still go to www.thunderonthelot.com and they have a Registration form you can fill out and fax in. The more people who plan to pull that register in advance the better.
Thunder on the Lot has been going on for the last 14 years and they are growing every year. This will be one Awesome event and they are planning to do it every year as long as it makes money to help the Kids Charities.
So the more people who come out to support it the better it will be and the more it helps the kids. Plus it will be 3 and a half hours of diesel fun.
Any question about being a vendor or something I left out PM me and I will get the answer.
Betty

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Betty,

When can we post rules and classes for this?

I'm chompin' at the bit. :D

I think Betty told me today that Craig Johnson was going to be in charge of rules.

PS- We will be home late game just started.

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
Ya Craig is going to have to do the Rule thing. If you remember the High Desert Diesel Round up, I will bet he will stick to the same or maybe very little change.
I do know that the Thunder on the lot folks want to make everyone happy, and they want a lot of smoke and noise. That is what the crowds like to see and this is for charity so the more excited the crowd gets, the better chance we have of doing this every year. ( ya like Harley's are noisy or something). Any way, there will be a purse for all the classes, even for modified.
Looks like Scheid will be coming out. Probably with 2 trucks. Jerad from PDI is bringing the Mega cab. Industrial injection is most likely going to show, Maybe with a new truck, but I am only guessing on that. And Craig has a list of guys that I don't even know yet.
Diesel world mag has committed and most likely diesel power will be here too.
Look out, this is going to be a big event.
Dan, I will call and get your fax number. then send you some flyers.
Dang,,,,, I have a 4x4 now, I may have to try this sled pulling stuff myself. :rofl:

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
Fixed it for ya Betty :joker:
Ok, Ok! As long as Clint has got the torque converter for my truck by then, I don't want to trach my TC and have to put another stock one back in. BLAH!!!!
But of course I have no excuse,,,, I only live 10 minutes from the track. ;)

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
Casper on the sled. I would give my left testicle to see it. Hope you guy's have fun and put on a good show. Wish it was closer to home.:(

Oh trust me,,,,, we will get pictures!!!:rofl:
Did I mention they are raffling off a 2008 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Motorcycle. And lots of other stuff. All for Kids Charities. Too Cool!
Oh and I talked to Mat from Go Big Garage. There will be a Mega Cab Long bed at a booth to drool over.:baby:

Last edited:

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
Is there any way I can donate or buy some raffle tickets without being there? It would be a little to far to drive for me, but I'd like to do something to help.:)

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
Is there any way I can donate or buy some raffle tickets without being there? It would be a little to far to drive for me, but I'd like to do something to help.:)
You sure Can. Tickets for the big stuff are $100 each. You can PM me with a contact number and I will have Marvin give you a call and get you set up. Even donations are greatly appreciated. We will make announcements at the event for all those who donated during the pull.
I just love the diesel community. Everyone is great!:hug::D