So Cal Sled Pull June 14th

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Betty,
I didn't see a registration sheet for the pull on that web page.
I should be there.
Any other 2WD trucks coming and pulling?

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Casper on the sled. I would give my left testicle to see it. Hope you guy's have fun and put on a good show. Wish it was closer to home.:(
I cant wait to see it either, I hope Casper kicks some serious tail! AH pulling seasons just around the bin. Im having Serious withdraws

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
Don't even get started with me Pat. Ok, I apologize for not having any rules in place, but I am trying to get the best idea I can on what type of trucks to expect. With such short notice, I want to be a little accomodating with the rules to give as many people as possible a shot at the purse. So I need a good head count on who is planning to make it and what charger/chargers they are running to get an idea what to expect. Speaking of the purse. There will be a $1,000 purse up for grabs for each class, so lets get it together and figure out who is coming.

Thanks,

Craig

Uh oh... Dodge Rules? :D

J/K, Craig is OK even if he is missing 2 cylinders.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Wendy has a stock charger, and the two other LBZ's I plan on dragging out there are stock chargers as well :D

Casper has a GT42 on him :cool:

Diesellady

Jun 27, 2007
Palmdale CA
I coulda sworn I heard May Madness was moved from Vegas to Utah..... It could have been another event that took that move, I am not sure. Would suck if it is May Madness though-
May Madness is not the DHRA event. May Madness, aka MM, is the Dodge Turbo Diesel event that goes on each year in Pahrump. Last year the DHRA had their event the 2 days right at the end of MM. This year the DHRA event will be in Utah and that will be held on Aug 16th.
MM is from May 5th to the 10th

Last edited:

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
Thanks for the heads up- I did an internet search and was in the same boat, hoping what I thought was not true. That there just made my night- Hopefully I can figure out a way for me and a buddy or two to make it out to the events. If not- Oh well...

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Craig needs to get in gear.

He has lots of material to get a rulebook from, but it appears if the class break is the problem.

There are 2 classes.

My thoughts are one class for Work Stock, which is most of the trucks in SoCal, and the second for modified trucks.

Make the turbo limit at 2.600 (not 2.650 since that allows 66mm chargers, no sleeves), no dual fuelers or aftermarket injection pumps. No big pumps for the Dodges either. No hanging weights, 8,000lb.

For the modified class: 8,000lb, must be a pickup truck that is compression ignition. Period.

Craig indicated to me that some of the 800rwhp trailer queens want to run in "slow class". Seems that would mean there is only 1 class, not 2 classes.

If that's the case, we might not compete in the pull. I refuse to run Casper against Work Stock trucks, that would be crappy and unsportmanlike. My background is whupping up on those who are SUPPOSED to win, not the other way around. And we don't want to run our daily drivers in a Trailer Queen Rule class, since we don't have trailer queen safety equipment or hanging weights.

Let's make this sportsman event. Let them win on the track, not on the rulebook.

Craig had indicated that there will be at least one Unlimited truck. While it will clobber Casper, I will run in that class. Do the Trailer Queens have the guts to run again Vorhees? I don't think so. I remember an event up north and I pulled in the Unlimited class with Blue when the "fast" trucks sat there afraid of being embarrassed.

Beating someone you are supposed to beat ain't no fun.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
It sounds like this could bu un fair for the work stock trucks. almost like the guys with trailer queen big dollar trucks get the advantage. I'm debating the five hour drive down there.

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
Pat, Zip it already. I don't rig anything, if anybody knows that, you do. I'm not going to set the rules up for anybody in particular, including you. The big concern is who is going to show up to pull. My suggestion would be for everyone to just plan to be there and support the event. Being that there is virtually nothing else to choose from down here, maybe we should all get on board and just pull.

My goal is to create some classes where lots of people have a shot at the purses. Quite honestly, I am somewhat reluctant to gear the money classes toward off the street, "work stock" trucks. Frankly, most pulls out here don't have a purse at all, so I don't think the entry level pullers should be overly concerned about the purse. The "competition" level pullers who invest large sums of money and time in to pulling, deserve a class with good competition, regardless of brand, and a shot at the purse, it just adds a nice element to the competition.

So, all that being said, Pat, back off, and just plan to show up and pull. Regardless of the rules, you will get to pull against trucks similar to yours and have the opportunity to show them up, so whats your beef? Don't answer that, just be there and quit stirring the pot.

If anybody has any questions or suggestions, feel free to direct them to me, do not let Pat sway your decision on what to do. I am a fair person, everybody will be treated fairly. I know that the rules will not be ideal this year, there just isn't enough time to put this thing together with all the classes to make everyone happy. Just show up and pull, so we can have more opportunity in the future.

Craig
Allowing "pro" pulling trucks in the amateur class will only cause folk who want to get into sled pulling to think the events are normally "rigged".

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Pat, Zip it already. I don't rig anything, if anybody knows that, you do. I'm not going to set the rules up for anybody in particular, including you. The big concern is who is going to show up to pull. My suggestion would be for everyone to just plan to be there and support the event. Being that there is virtually nothing else to choose from down here, maybe we should all get on board and just pull.

My goal is to create some classes where lots of people have a shot at the purses. Quite honestly, I am somewhat reluctant to gear the money classes toward off the street, "work stock" trucks. Frankly, most pulls out here don't have a purse at all, so I don't think the entry level pullers should be overly concerned about the purse. The "competition" level pullers who invest large sums of money and time in to pulling, deserve a class with good competition, regardless of brand, and a shot at the purse, it just adds a nice element to the competition.

So, all that being said, Pat, back off, and just plan to show up and pull. Regardless of the rules, you will get to pull against trucks similar to yours and have the opportunity to show them up, so whats your beef? Don't answer that, just be there and quit stirring the pot.

If anybody has any questions or suggestions, feel free to direct them to me, do not let Pat sway your decision on what to do. I am a fair person, everybody will be treated fairly. I know that the rules will not be ideal this year, there just isn't enough time to put this thing together with all the classes to make everyone happy. Just show up and pull, so we can have more opportunity in the future.

Craig

I've found that if you light somebodies pant leg on fire, they tend to improve their reaction times.

But not necessarily their disposition. :D

Love you Craig! :baby:

I talked with Craig on the phone and I believe we are close to a fair solution for all: Daily Drivers, Semi-street, and Unlimited.