What to do?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Thanks Tom! Definitely been long overdue :angel:

Truck is now parked for the rest of the summer, need to figure out these caltracs and rancho's in the rear, the rear end is super bouncy and hops all over the place.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
With a max effort tune absolutely
Too much depends on how you launch the truck and how it hooks. Id much rather see a lower mph per given ET...means there's room to get faster. :)
On the reverse, I got talking to a guy on the route running an 02 camaro turning 13.0 @ 112, and he was very happy with that. Its all b/c he cant get it to hook up so he cant launch hard.

Brian, what did you have the ranchos and caltracs set at?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Tom the ranchos are on the stiffest setting on rebound on the front, and the stiffest setting on compression in the rear, I have 4 full turns of preload on the caltracs and running 2 leafs in the rear, weighed the truck on their scale and there is 1900 lbs on the rear end and 3800 on the front. Rear also has 3" drop shackles, so I think I may have too much preload on the caltracs. Need to mess with them at home. If I loosen them all the way, (no preload) I run out of adjustment and still have about 2 full turns of preload on the bars.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well dropped the truck off at Mike's last weekend for a new converter, U joints and new yoke.

Cant wait to get it back and put the second cp3 on and new tunes. :woott: