What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
If it makes you feel any better I have 3weeks of vacation at Christmas time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thats ok, Riley. Christmas is when I make money. ;) Already put a request in with management that I'll need a bigger truck this year. I just have this feeling that this season is going to set records.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Until someone finds a better business model than Amazon I'm sure it's going to be that way every year. You got plenty of job security for now.

Now where are my bed rail caps that I ordered over a week ago? 2 day shipping my butt. Lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Until someone finds a better business model than Amazon I'm sure it's going to be that way every year. You got plenty of job security for now.

Now where are my bed rail caps that I ordered over a week ago? 2 day shipping my butt. Lol :)

Or until amazon finishes building their own fleet. They can't count on ups and FedEx to be reliable (fast)enough. Not to step on anyone's toes bit that's a fact.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Amazon is a pushy company that does NOT understand what it takes to get a pkg from point A to point B. They demand extra services for less money, and make demands that no delivery company can accomplish on a daily basis. They expect every day to go flawlessly from a performance standpoint, have perfect weather, and every address is easy to find and a breeze to deliver to. Lemme tell ya, thats not how real life is. Bezos lives in a bubble.

When/if they get their "fleet" on the road, it'll be a bunch of minimum-wage paid people using unserviced equipment (or their own vehicles). It'll end up a complete nightmare for them, from financial and service/claims issues to consistency/reliability/reputation fallout. Meh...might last a year or two, then they'll be back, tail between their legs.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Amazon is a pushy company that does NOT understand what it takes to get a pkg from point A to point B. They demand extra services for less money, and make demands that no company can accomplish on a daily basis. They expect every day to go flawlessly from a performance standpoint, have perfect weather, and every address is easy to find and a breeze to deliver to. Lemme tell ya, thats not how real life is. Bezos lives in a bubble.

When/if they get their "fleet" on the road, it'll be a bunch of minimum-wage paid people using unserviced equipment (or their own vehicles). It'll end up a complete nightmare for them, from financial and service issues to consistency/reliability/reputation angles. Meh...might last a year or two, then they'll be back, tail between their legs.

Well you are right about most of that. Although with a few hundred thousand brand new delivery vehicles they bought last with middle age men who handle my boxes with more care than ups/FedEx drivers, I beg to differ.

They didn't come to be the most profitable company my making bad choices.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Amazon is a pushy company that does NOT understand what it takes to get a pkg from point A to point B. They demand extra services for less money, and make demands that no delivery company can accomplish on a daily basis. They expect every day to go flawlessly from a performance standpoint, have perfect weather, and every address is easy to find and a breeze to deliver to. Lemme tell ya, thats not how real life is. Bezos lives in a bubble.

When/if they get their "fleet" on the road, it'll be a bunch of minimum-wage paid people using unserviced equipment (or their own vehicles). It'll end up a complete nightmare for them, from financial and service/claims issues to consistency/reliability/reputation fallout. Meh...might last a year or two, then they'll be back, tail between their legs.

well they will either burn to the ground or they will create/develop a system that will become the new standard. they are pushing for big improvements in how things are shipped and when you have the money/desire, thats how technological progress is made. obviously there are some limitations you just can not ever get around but i wouldnt put it past them to come up with something that works out.

but then again, i dont know shit about the background of what you know Tom. all i know is we cant get damn pallet/s of caulking from phx, az to duluth, GA on a LTL load without it getting lost or straight up beat to all hell..... must be a baja course between here and there :roflmao:. everywhere else we ship, they show up looking great

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
When you are dealing with people, whether it be employees or customers of a company, you can never account for every possible scenario. Employees have to have pride and respect in their job -- which not everyone has. Customers have to have an understanding that while they expect everything to be perfect, that is not reality. Shit happens.
Here I go again....talking about things that tick me off at work. Damnit. I told myself I wouldnt do that any more. I dont need the aggravation.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
When you are dealing with people, whether it be employees or customers of a company, you can never account for every possible scenario. Employees have to have pride and respect in their job -- which not everyone has. Customers have to have an understanding that while they expect everything to be perfect, that is not reality. Shit happens.
Here I go again....talking about things that tick me off at work. Damnit. I told myself I wouldnt do that any more. I dont need the aggravation.

I could jump in to o... Then everyone wants to do it for less money while cost of operation goes through the roof:mad:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
291bc534642094d368a3698d54b032e0.jpg
cc477a5ab145e3c07fed870f041de63e.jpg
ba5e55c73a7412611c4a3c210edbe5c2.jpg
. This was Saturday, spent a few hours 10' away from a 650* F line removing a 96" blind to restore our CO boiler.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Slight redesign on a generator cause the electrical guys made a goof on what they actually need output wise. :mad:

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
No prob the way you use it though... makes good money sense weight wise if your grossed out

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
We had a risk assessment meeting today on a project I'm doing. It was deemed too dangerous back to the drawing board.... It like beating your head against the wall knowing you're using best work practices but that's not Goodnuf for companies that believe perfection is possible.