Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Had the Gf really press on each rib and nothing out of the ordinary, she thinks its a muscle strain or similar. Gonna live on aleve this week and then see how it is come Monday.

Another lost week. :mad:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Mother of God my back is screaming at me this week. Since I did bench, curls, and dips last saturday. Form probably got out of wacky on the last set of standing bicep curls...that would be my guess anyways.

Hopefully I can get my gym membership tomorrow and go do more diverse bunch of lifts...and best of all leg press and squats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Deadlifts last night
barx10
135x10
225x8
315x5
405x3
485x1
500x0 came up about an 1", probably had it but didn't feel like tearing my back up to bad for it.

16 minutes of elliptical...

206.8 BW as of this morning

May have to work this weekend so probably won't compete, which kinda sucks... Honestly I'm not ready for this meet, I could pr a couple lifts by a few pounds but that isn't what I want at this point. I need to make some giant gains on my squat, it's killing my total.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Should have gone from the 405 to a 455, then a 505 single Albert, unless the 500 was a hero attempt?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Should have gone from the 405 to a 455, then a 505 single Albert, unless the 500 was a hero attempt?

I haven't pulled anything over 455 in a couple weeks Matt. I also tried 485 then and it didn't even budge, so the goal last night was to smoke 485. For sh*ts and grins I decided to give 500 a ride... Basically a hero attempt, it wasn't the goal for the night.

I have some good numbers to start a new training cycle with. I'm going back onto Candito's 6 week program as I seen the best results with it. These 12-16 week programs wreck me somewhere around the 9 week mark and I just never recover...

Last edited:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Wait, wut.

Curlz hurt your back? Thats a new one :D
I'll just say my bottom 4 discs in my back are shot. All stemming from self inflicted injury due to poor and at times completely wrong lifting techniques at work. The 2 docs I've seen both want to fuse 3 of my vertebrae, but at 27 I'd like to have some mobility and be able to play with my kids.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I'll just say my bottom 4 discs in my back are shot. All stemming from self inflicted injury due to poor and at times completely wrong lifting techniques at work. The 2 docs I've seen both want to fuse 3 of my vertebrae, but at 27 I'd like to have some mobility and be able to play with my kids.

Ahh shit, my bad, did not know.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I don't even bother squatting anymore. At 38 with a pinched sciatic and questionable back, I can get the mass I want from leg presses.

If it worked for Dorian Yates, it can work for me. The guy didn't squat for most of his pro career due to hip issues.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I don't even bother squatting anymore. At 38 with a pinched sciatic and questionable back, I can get the mass I want from leg presses.

If it worked for Dorian Yates, it can work for me. The guy didn't squat for most of his pro career due to hip issues.
Good to know. I like squats but the pain after heavy ones not so much

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

That was my problem...the only way I could get a good leg pump was to rep 300+lbs, but the next 3-4 days my back would pay the price.

A good leg press takes the back out of the equation.

Don't get me wrong, squats are the king of exercises, but self preservation comes to mind. I'm not competing, I'm raising a family, does me no good to be in a hospitcal

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

You guys need to find that Pit Shark and let us know how your back feels after.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
No offense to leg press guys but I have seen guys max out the machine and then later on struggle with 405 squats.

Just seems like false muscle to me.

/dons flame suit

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
No offense to leg press guys but I have seen guys max out the machine and then later on struggle with 405 squats.

Just seems like false muscle to me.

/dons flame suit

Hence why I said "mass" and not strength...I don't need to squat 405 for reps to get by in daily life, so whats the point of trying to injure myself for nothing...