Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I downloaded the body space app from bodybuilding.com and I've gotta say it opened up alot of possibilities for each muscle group...definitely impressed me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
On the topic of legpress, do you guys feel it is easier on your knees?

GF can't squat due to a issue with a torn something or other from way back.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

Knees, no, its still pretty hard. For me it was lower back/sciatica that necessitated the change.

I'm not exactly HUGE either, 5'9"ish and 190ish but 9-11% BF....

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Yea thats kinda what I figured, she gives me a weird look when I say I can wrap her knees for squatz :roflmao:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY

Has she thought about going to a doctor for a custom knee brace? I know that takes alot of strain off the knees as it gives quite a bit of extra support to a weak joint

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
This thread has really got me back into squats and deads. I pretty much stopped doing them for almost a year. But I've been hard at it for 6 weeks now. In really loving them now. Matter of fact I skipped chest day for leg day:eek:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
This thread has really got me back into squats and deads. I pretty much stopped doing them for almost a year. But I've been hard at it for 6 weeks now. In really loving them now. Matter of fact I skipped chest day for leg day:eek:

I was the same way back when I was a youngin... No one showed/told me of the importance of a strong bottom end. I work the hardest on the lifts that I struggle with the most, squats at the moment. Between the back and getting sick the last 14 ish weeks have been a waste. Here is hoping the next training cycles will be better:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yea thats kinda what I figured, she gives me a weird look when I say I can wrap her knees for squatz :roflmao:

Wrap them up and see if they still hurt... Nothing wrong with that. I wrapped my quad a few weeks back when it was sore as hell, so I could get through a deadlift workout:D

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Day two of no significant back ache, and have not had any aleve today, gym sunday me thinks. Finally.

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
Been working out for about ten years.... Just got in to crossfit about nine month ago.... I've been working on overhead for nine months. I was pumped to get 315.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Been working out for about ten years.... Just got in to crossfit about nine month ago.... I've been working on overhead for nine months. I was pumped to get 315.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice overhead squat, congrats on the PR:thumb: Post 2k who woulda thunk this thread would get to here lol.