Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've been smashing the gym 30 minutes at a time this week on my lunch breaks.. Except squats. I felt like a puss. When I did 3 sets of 5 at 195.. Back still isn't right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'm out of town again but to my suprised the boss bought a home gym...cable/pulley system kind. So last night

Leg extensions
10x45
10x55
10x65

Leg curls...my hamstrings are so weak
10x25
10x35
10x35

Weighted pull down down crunch thingy

100x45

Weighted side crunches
100x35

Lat pull downs wide grip
10x45
10x55
10x75

10 min of cardio on a broken eliptical. Just wish I could do squats and leg press but machine isn't set up for them. But damn I feel energized this morning. So thank you to all you gents for the motivation

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
SO...what is a good protein powder? better yet what makes a protein powder good, as in what should I be looking for in particular to make my decision. I mean there are a lot of different ones out there so I have no dang clue what im looking for. Pointers would be great, thanks fellas

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Whey protein is all you really need. Just think of it as a way to hit your daily protein intake. Casein is slow digesting same with milk isolate, but you don't really need to pay the extra money for casein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
So is there a preferred brand or does the cheap stuff work as good as the more expensive?

Depends on how much you want to pay and what flavors you like.

Taste wise and quality wise, usually 5lbs of good whey is anywhere from 40-60 dollars.

Bodybuilding.com always has a special for Cellucor whey. Three 2lb tubs, any flavor and a tub of preworkout for about 80-90 bucks shipped. Cellucor has decent whey. Ive tasted better, but their profile is good. I usually buy this because the variety of flavors and the nutrition profile fits my goals

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/whey-performance-stack-plus-c4.html

Then there is pricier protein like MTS Whey over at TigerFitness.com, its expensive but tastes awesome.

You can get by with whey from Walmart like BodyFortress and Six Start Nutrition, but it wont taste as good as the ones mentioned above.

Whey is just the type of protein btw.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Mind blown I thought it was just supposed to help you bulk. See what I don't know. Well I'll make a decision here soon...thanks for the input guys