Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
Did anybody participate in "The Murph" workout back on Memorial Day? Kind of late bringing it up. I have been incorporating it into my workouts and do it once a week. I alternate using the weighted vest one weekend and then do without. It is more of a Crossfit workout(don't care for Crossfit much), but the workout is intense to say the least. I will be starting to add more weight to the vest as of this weekend. Currently at 20 pounds and will start adding 5 more as I feel the need.

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
How long is the workout ?

Couple hours, or we talking half hour?

Well that depends. Depending on the person, it can vary from 30-40 minutes to possibly a couple hours. Ideally you are trying to complete it in the quickest time.

For example, the first time I attempted it, I finished in 1 hour 19 minutes with the 20 pound vest. I am now down to 53 minutes.

No vest I have completed it in 41 minutes.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Did anybody participate in "The Murph" workout back on Memorial Day? Kind of late bringing it up. I have been incorporating it into my workouts and do it once a week. I alternate using the weighted vest one weekend and then do without. It is more of a Crossfit workout(don't care for Crossfit much), but the workout is intense to say the least. I will be starting to add more weight to the vest as of this weekend. Currently at 20 pounds and will start adding 5 more as I feel the need.

I didn't do it... I have been meaning to give it a shot. That guy was a Beast:thumb:

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
I didn't do it... I have been meaning to give it a shot. That guy was a Beast:thumb:

He sure was. It is not fun by any means....lol But the sense of accomplishment once its completed is well worth it. It is more of a mindset workout and something that you really have to push yourself.

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
Pit Shark

Anybody ever use one these? These are great for people that have back problems and still want to squat. It has multiple uses too, like dips, pull-ups etc.

Attachments

• pitshark.jpg
    pitshark.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 22

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My back workout yesterday was not the heaviest I've don't but hit where it needed to, deed up at 395, I need to find a weight I can do 5x5 I've been doing pyramids forever now need to change it up

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Anybody ever use one these? These are great for people that have back problems and still want to squat. It has multiple uses too, like dips, pull-ups etc.

Hmm, looks like a smith machine:D Not sure how it works? Were going to need a video of an insanely hot chick in spandex using said machine...

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado

Yup. 43 min, 35lb vest. I'll go 45 next time.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Hmm, looks like a smith machine:D Not sure how it works? Were going to need a video of an insanely hot chick in spandex using said machine...

Sorry not a hottie. But there is one in the background

http://instagram.com/p/5dOteBNK6G/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No hot chick..sorry haha but here it is in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2gcP1w_9w
Interesting animal... I like it:thumb: Smash legs even with a bad back!

Somebody say Will Smith machine? So good for brocep curls whilst seated upon the only adjustable bench in the gym. Expert level.
Science;)

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Chest destruction!
Bench
265x4x8 No pause this time, these mofos felt heavy. 7th and 8th rep was a fight on the last 2 sets.
Incline
135x10
185x5x3 feeling puny so didn't push these to hard, also I was flying solo no wing man.

Super sets
Dumbell rows
110x2x10
110x8
110x6
Seated dumbell military press
50x2x10 shoulders smoked let these be at 2 sets
Lat pull down
160x12
180x10
200x6
200x4
Reverse grip dips
BWx2x10
BWx2x15

Cable flys
LowXmidXhighX95x10 reps in each position
LowXmidXhighX115x2x10

Chest, arms, back, shoulders good and wrecked:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Side note, couple of newer guys at the gym lately. Monday this guy was squatting putting some decent weight up 325x3 semi high but decent for a gym warrior, knees caving a bit and little wobbly... I think he must be done there, Nope he slaps on 385 and gets half way up and stalls, then just ejects the bar off his back, CRASH onto the safety bars, thing jumped like 3 feet in the air WTF? Scared the heck out of me as I wasn't watching when it happened... I tell him "dude if you need a spot just ask" his reply "I don't like spotters when I squat" I think:cool2: lol some people.

the other dude was tonight. Decent build, tallish 6'1 maybe 185-190 ish lean. Squats up to 405x3 pretty high and knees caving like a mofo, no belt and in running shoes, 3rd rep was a grinder. Bench he goes up to 315x3 no spotter, diggin like a boss, bouncing off the chest but he got them. Deads 495x1 back rounded torqued up pretty good. I got to say for such terrible gear and little to no technique, both were pretty strong guys.

Anywho just some random bs at the gym that I thought was funny and cool... Not sure either one will have much of a body left by the time they get to my age:D but there givin er hell now.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I've got to bulk up big time this fall and winter. I've been slacking big time lately. Trying to work a lot and pay off some shit, then got family time I don't want to give up, so well I haven't been going to the gym. Feel pretty good tho, not run down. Still hanging out in the 160lb range. Gotta find a balance cause I want my 190lb self back lol.

stroke250

I May Be Lost...
Jul 1, 2008
Idaho
Interesting animal... I like it:thumb: Smash legs even with a bad back!

Science;)

Exactly! I have also seen it help people that have the tendency to arch their back while trying to do regular squats. They do not need to worry about hurting it from having weight on it with poor form.

Plus, the pull-up and dip bars on it have large tubes. This helps people with focusing on grip strength.