Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Excessive caffiene always worked for me when I was sick. :D
I had taken quite a bit... I looked like a junky trying to put c4 in my water bottle:eek:

Enough to look good lol. I always look on the heavy side of a bulk. I'm between 230 and 233 with my gym shoes on last week or two. Maybe around 215 would be good, I don't need a 6 pack. Just want to look a little leanER. Just loose some of the belly and get some definition.

Well just do it slowly and you won't see such a dramatic drop in your strength... Figure out how many calories to maintain and then cut 100-200 calories on your off gym days. That way you have gas in the tank for the gym but not excessive when your off. You also are less likely to stall your metabolism that way.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I had taken quite a bit... I looked like a junky trying to put c4 in my water bottle:eek:

Well just do it slowly and you won't see such a dramatic drop in your strength... Figure out how many calories to maintain and then cut 100-200 calories on your off gym days. That way you have gas in the tank for the gym but not excessive when your off. You also are less likely to stall your metabolism that way.

Thats what I do, eat like a horse on lift days and then taper off on non lift days.

Always keep black coffee flowing and stay moving.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

Ok I'm still eating good just way less than I did. Not good at keeping up with diet numbers and calories and such. Just been eating alot of tuna and eggs instead of carbs. Not starving myself of carbs either. And eating smaller more often. On breaks and stuff at work. I used to eat a huge lunch and a huge dinner now I split my lunch up over 2 meals and eat a snack on my first break at work. I've notice a small difference so far just will have to give it more time

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ok I'm still eating good just way less than I did. Not good at keeping up with diet numbers and calories and such. Just been eating alot of tuna and eggs instead of carbs. Not starving myself of carbs either. And eating smaller more often. On breaks and stuff at work. I used to eat a huge lunch and a huge dinner now I split my lunch up over 2 meals and eat a snack on my first break at work. I've notice a small difference so far just will have to give it more time

That's good, slow and easy is how you fix a diet... Drastic changes almost never work unless it's life or death.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Enough to look good lol. I always look on the heavy side of a bulk. I'm between 230 and 233 with my gym shoes on last week or two. Maybe around 215 would be good, I don't need a 6 pack. Just want to look a little leanER. Just loose some of the belly and get some definition.

I stepped on the scale today for the first time in a while. Down to 188. I feel I've lost alot of size and know I have strength. Hurting my back then loosing motivation didn't help any. Although I seemed to have leaned up a bunch since this spring. Maybe I'm sweating it all out at work.

Pulled a 325 x3 sumo deadlift yesterday. Went to the gym at lunch today and smashed shoulders. Only having 25 min to lift kinda sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Way to much crap going on this week, has my gym times all messed up.
Deadlift
Sumo
405x4x6
These were rough as I just squated on tuesday... My right hamstring and groin are sore as heck. Ended up using my knee wraps on my right quad:thumb: Got me through. Now for a nice long break and a mini deload next week.
ezcurlx25'sx4x10

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Shoulders were stupid sore and my lower back was not pleased but, gym fo lifez yo

Squats
5x225
5x275
5x345
3x405
3x465
3x405

What whaaaat. Happy to have 4 plates be a "Easy" rep set :D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Squats, still haven't picked up more weight...

185x20x1
220x12x1
235x10x1

Bench

120x23x2
150x12x2

Are you doing singles or 1x10? With the amount of weight you have try a shorter warmup and try 235x4x10 or whatever you can handle 4 sets of 10 will help those legs get stronger and bigger. Hell give 235x2x20 a shot, that mother f-er about wrecked me a month ago. You have enough weight to put a serious hurting on your legs:thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Just came across this and had to post it up here

uploadfromtaptalk1436591868205.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436591868205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436591868205.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
Are you doing singles or 1x10? With the amount of weight you have try a shorter warmup and try 235x4x10 or whatever you can handle 4 sets of 10 will help those legs get stronger and bigger. Hell give 235x2x20 a shot, that mother f-er about wrecked me a month ago. You have enough weight to put a serious hurting on your legs:thumb:

No not singles, guess I typed that backwards...:D I'm still new to this so bear with me. My legs are hurtin this morning.

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
No not singles, guess I typed that backwards...:D I'm still new to this so bear with me. My legs are hurtin this morning.

No problem:D Just making sure were on the same page. If your hurting your doing it right:thumb: You have enough weight to wreck your self for a while. Once it starts getting easy, do less warm up and get to the heavy side quicker.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I've been hiding under a rock for a few weeks, but still manage to hide under a barbell at least 3 times a week. I've stepped my weights back to where I was in April, but I'm much faster. I think I needed to step back and hit more reps, my weak point was shoulders in the squat.

Bench sucks. I'm training it again now, but less than before. I need to get back on the horse.

Wednesday was 4 sets of 6 at 275 skwaats and 2 of 6 325 DL.
Today will be lighter with a few more reps.

I'm still down around 185lbs. I'm not sure if I want to hit weights hard this winter and keep chasing heavy squat numbers or focus again on oly work.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I've been hiding under a rock for a few weeks, but still manage to hide under a barbell at least 3 times a week. I've stepped my weights back to where I was in April, but I'm much faster. I think I needed to step back and hit more reps, my weak point was shoulders in the squat.

Bench sucks. I'm training it again now, but less than before. I need to get back on the horse.

Wednesday was 4 sets of 6 at 275 skwaats and 2 of 6 325 DL.
Today will be lighter with a few more reps.

I'm still down around 185lbs. I'm not sure if I want to hit weights hard this winter and keep chasing heavy squat numbers or focus again on oly work.
Glad you climbed out from under that rock, maybe instead of hiding under it you could have been benching it and not losing them gainz:hello: I think Corssfit and ADHD go hand in hand:rofl:JK Bennett:D

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I've backed down to doing 2-3 CF workouts a week. I'm focusing on eating, stretching, and sleep right now. I live the trucker lifestyle and need to recalibrate.

Quick lift to work out some soreness after wednesday's heavy work. 235 for 8's on squats today. 270 for 8s on DL.

I think I'll hit a DL PR here in the next month or so.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I've backed down to doing 2-3 CF workouts a week. I'm focusing on eating, stretching, and sleep right now. I live the trucker lifestyle and need to recalibrate.

Quick lift to work out some soreness after wednesday's heavy work. 235 for 8's on squats today. 270 for 8s on DL.

I think I'll hit a DL PR here in the next month or so.

I was just razzing ya:hug:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Got stuck under the bar this week... 245 on bench. Went for that 10th rep didn't get it:(

Nobody else was back there. Had the clamps on too, so I had to roll that shit down to my hips. BOY! Did it hurt like a MFer going over my hip bones.:eek:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Got stuck under the bar this week... 245 on bench. Went for that 10th rep didn't get it:(

Nobody else was back there. Had the clamps on too, so I had to roll that shit down to my hips. BOY! Did it hurt like a MFer going over my hip bones.:eek:

Ouch... When I'm benching alone I will put the safety catches up, luckily they are just the right height if I'm in my arch, settle back down and deflate the chest and the bar rests on the safety catches.

I was just looking at a bench rack that had a lever by your feet that you could kick and it would hydraulically lower the bench until the bar sat on catches. When you got off it raised back up to it's normal height ready for your next failure:D I thought it was a pretty sweet idea. I will dig around for it when I get home a post it up.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Making progress, albeit slowly.

Managed to squeak out a good squat workout yesterday
5x225
5x295
5x345
3x405
5x465
3x405

:thumb:

Attempted some rows, worked up to a measly 255 triple and called it a day. I was spent and the benches were all being used by chest warriors.

Plan is to attempt the 475x3 this Friday and then deload so I don't completely burn my legs out.