Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Albert, you ever going to give them a whirl?

I don't know Wolf? I'm getting stronger everyday now, although it's slow...
I probably see where my genetic limit is and decide then...

I have become much better educated about PED's lately. They are definitely not what the Gov. and a bunch of dipsh*ts want you to believe they are.

It's funny there a miracle cure when prescribed by a doctor but if used recreationally your going to become Satan's Spawn:rofl:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I don't know Wolf? I'm getting stronger everyday now, although it's slow...
I probably see where my genetic limit is and decide then...

I have become much better educated about PED's lately. They are definitely not what the Gov. and a bunch of dipsh*ts want you to believe they are.

It's funny there a miracle cure when prescribed by a doctor but if used recreationally your going to become Satan's Spawn:rofl:

For me it more about getting the look. You get a certain look while on. I used them to help get the "show" but now I need some "go" to back it up. Gonna have to change my workout routine for more strength.

But I agree if you're making good gains then there is no reason to change or add anything. Let me know if you do tho! I always like to hear other people's experiences with them.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
And yeah you're right about that! I've never had any aggression or change in behavior while on. Heck my wife says I'm nicer on test lol.:thumb:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Haha dude NOPE.

And I'll be glad to help out brother. You're pulling damn good weight now. You'd be a monster on cycle.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Interesting article, while I don't agree that there are no side affects from them, its annoying that no science has been placed on them. Its just the dumb mindset of "roids = bad, case closed" It also shuns the correct info on gear usage being available to people who do choose to do it, and forces people to rely on forums etc.

As long as you are not competing under the guise of a no gear player, then I think its whatever you wanna do to your body is your call.

More high school kids injure themselves from shitty bench attempts and knee bend squats than dat gear. :D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Interesting article, while I don't agree that there are no side affects from them, its annoying that no science has been placed on them. Its just the dumb mindset of "roids = bad, case closed" It also shuns the correct info on gear usage being available to people who do choose to do it, and forces people to rely on forums etc.

As long as you are not competing under the guise of a no gear player, then I think its whatever you wanna do to your body is your call.

More high school kids injure themselves from shitty bench attempts and knee bend squats than dat gear. :D

Just like anything else. Moderation is key IMO.

I agree 100% with both of you.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Went into today with a real iffy mindset and was rather beat but, that led to a **** it all kinda mood. :D

Squat: ****ing stupid ass retro has a couple decently knurled bars, and guess where they were on bench press monday? So, squatted with a smooth center bar..feared for my life
5x225
5x275
5x325
3x385
5x435
3x365

Bench
5x135
5x175
5x205
5x245
5x275

Row
worked to a 5x255

Part of rage today was filled from some OLY lifter throwing to the ground a massive 225lb... sorry to OLY guys but, have some respect for others.. no one is impressed with the crap ton of noise you make. Control your reps.

Ah well. #Success

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I was fuming when I walked out of the gym, thats for sure.

Sketchy bar on my shoulders means my mind is focuses on that and I lose track of my form etc. Its just a shitty combo.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Part of rage today was filled from some OLY lifter throwing to the ground a massive 225lb... sorry to OLY guys but, have some respect for others.. no one is impressed with the crap ton of noise you make. Control your reps.

I drop everything above 200 lbs or so when its overhead or in front rack. Now, should you ghostride it from overhead? No. Follow it down.

However, If a guy is lifting without bumpers and/or without a platform or rubber floor, he is being an ass. Doing snatches at 24hr fitness or something like that aint cool.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I know you aren't gonna control the descent perfect but ghostriding it so the damn weight bounces a few feet ain't cool.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Dropping it from overhead and walking away before it hits the ground is the O lift equivalent to curls in the squat rack. There is a special place in hell...

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I mean, TBH, its mainly me being pissy today :rofl:but, dropping weights annoys me to no end. If you aren't doing a 1rm, you can control your damn weight well enough to not drop crap.

Ah well, progress is progress.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I usually drop my overhead stuff and catch it on the second bounce... I have ghostridered some sh*t before too:D I haven't done any Oly stuff in a while and honestly it's just to small of an area to be doing that type of lifting. I'm like Matt I get annoyed when others are doing it because they usually use the one texas squat bar in the whole gym, that leaves me stuck with a fat bar. I'm a picky powerlifter:D

For a while I was dropping my deadlifts, until I figured out it was annoying others, I'm at a small globo gym, so I need to be mindful of that. Besides letting your body unload from 450+ actually hurts, so I follow it down and try and focus on the eccentric phase, I think I said that right?