Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
You are probably a lot more active than me. I sit on my ass all day. Lift weights 3 times a week and do absolutely NO cardio.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You are probably a lot more active than me. I sit on my ass all day. Lift weights 3 times a week and do absolutely NO cardio.

Ah ha that definitely makes sense. I stand, walk, and move all day on top of 5-7 hours of working out.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'm 6 foot 2 225 pounds active at work. Lifting climbing and walking.about a 2 hour workout a night 4 to 5 days a week.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I got my 340 on flat bench monday. My brothers foot is broke so we haven't been hitting legs or back as hard I'm gonna go in Saturdays and start doing a leg back day just to try not to loose gains.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
I squatted 2 Subzero refer units into a home Monday and then pulled off a clean and jerk today with a 675lb claw foot tub..... Does that count:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
First off, a big Thank You! goes out to Mick for training advice and coaching me form the other side of the world. I wouldn't have done anywhere near as good if it wasn't for you thanks my friend.

Comp went good for my first one. Made the 198 class by the skin of my teeth:rofl: Sorry Mick I just couldn't pack the calories away, you were right, it cost me some pounds...

Also dealing with some wicked sore hip flexors... You wouldn't think those buggers could affect your lifts that much:( Also 3 max efforts lifts back to back to back take alot out of you...

PR'd the crap out of everything but the bench, any who.
360 Squat Missed 380
297 Bench Missed 309 twice
460 Dead Lift Missed 480 I about passed out, 2 more seconds on that pull and it was nite nite time:D

They weren't the numbers I had in mind but still got me a 3rd place medal in the largest weight class of the event. Also 2.5 months of prep is tough for a rookie

Any advice I could offer a new lifter is to completely ignore the weight classes and just concentrate your training on the weights you want to move. I got caught up in making that 198 class and got gassed heading into the bench (My best lift). Also cost me on the deadlift.

So... I got some some good numbers to work with, I didn't make an azz of my self, met some really cool people and had blast:D I encourage every one to give some sort of a competition a shot, you will surely meet a ton of people with the same interest as you:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Since I'm so close to my goal of 350 on flat bench by December I'm gonna bump it up to 365 370. I'd love to compete but in my weight class there would be some big lean guys

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
First off, a big Thank You! goes out to Mick for training advice and coaching me form the other side of the world. I wouldn't have done anywhere near as good if it wasn't for you thanks my friend.

Comp went good for my first one. Made the 198 class by the skin of my teeth:rofl: Sorry Mick I just couldn't pack the calories away, you were right, it cost me some pounds...

Also dealing with some wicked sore hip flexors... You wouldn't think those buggers could affect your lifts that much:( Also 3 max efforts lifts back to back to back take alot out of you...

PR'd the crap out of everything but the bench, any who.
360 Squat Missed 380
297 Bench Missed 309 twice
460 Dead Lift Missed 480 I about passed out, 2 more seconds on that pull and it was nite nite time:D

They weren't the numbers I had in mind but still got me a 3rd place medal in the largest weight class of the event. Also 2.5 months of prep is tough for a rookie

Any advice I could offer a new lifter is to completely ignore the weight classes and just concentrate your training on the weights you want to move. I got caught up in making that 198 class and got gassed heading into the bench (My best lift). Also cost me on the deadlift.

So... I got some some good numbers to work with, I didn't make an azz of my self, met some really cool people and had blast:D I encourage every one to give some sort of a competition a shot, you will surely meet a ton of people with the same interest as you:thumb:

That's awesome dude.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I've been eating huge on chest day. And been doing reps with my feet on the bench. 275 for 5x5. Really isolates the chest. Getting wrist wraps very soon. Benching heavier is taking its toll on my wrists