lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Triples day!

Squat 415
Bench 265
Row 225

All set for a solid weekend of eating good food and a Monday off to work it all off. :roflmao:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I worked up to 295 on squat with good form going deep. If i can get that up higher maybe my deads will go up to. I Read that powerlifting article burn, the whole thing makes more sense. Id like to get into it but I'd like to cut out for the first time ever as well lol:confused:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Well i am lazy, haha. Like always happens when i get off the ship, I go home and cant seem to find the time to go down to the basement and workout....:eek: Had the wedding, then honeymoon, then just kind of didnt get back into it.

sooooo i wound up taking 6 weeks off. :spit:

Hit the gym now that I am back at work and I am hurting. Squats are way down, mostly due to endurance loss, but surprisingly deads are still right where they were when i last hit it. Sore as a mofo.:thumb:

Your going to pay for that:D I try not to miss more than a week or two squatting, just to f-ing painful coming back:baby:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I worked up to 295 on squat with good form going deep. If i can get that up higher maybe my deads will go up to. I Read that powerlifting article burn, the whole thing makes more sense. Id like to get into it but I'd like to cut out for the first time ever as well lol:confused:

Don't do it stupid:hug: Your weights will suffer from the cut unless it's a long slow cut... Even then, if you don't do it properly you will leave some pounds on the table. Your close to that 231 class yes?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Don't do it stupid:hug: Your weights will suffer from the cut unless it's a long slow cut... Even then, if you don't do it properly you will leave some pounds on the table. Your close to that 231 class yes?
236 with my gym shoes and clothes on, usually maintain a healthy 230, by healthy I mean a heavy bulk look lmao. I couldn't do a long slow cut right I'm not that kind of person. I was just gonna eat less and change what i ate a tad. But i get much more satisfaction getting weight off the floor:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
236 with my gym shoes and clothes on, usually maintain a healthy 230, by healthy I mean a heavy bulk look lmao. I couldn't do a long slow cut right I'm not that kind of person. I was just gonna eat less and change what i ate a tad. But i get much more satisfaction getting weight off the floor:thumb:

You can make that 231 class no problem. I did a water cut for my last meet and it worked like a charm, easily made weight with 3 pounds to spare. Just don't add a Diarrhea cut in with it:potty:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You guys are nuts...
You guys want to try out some really good chalk? Go to REI or a rock climbing outfitter and pick up some climbers chalk...that stuff is awesome for keeping your hands dry and adding grip!

I havent had the gumption to do squats yet, my back is still pretty weak and screwed up from ignorant decisions thru my 20's and early 30's, more than 15yrs of framing and then a car accident 18mo ago

But I joined a gym (Golds) a few weeks back and have a trainer with me every workout, 2x a week...

I have Completely changed my diet, fluid intake and Im getting more sleep. Also using some good supplements, an after workout protein drink and taking a myriad of vitimans

Gotta say, I feel pretty damn good! Right now Id bet Im pretty close to being in the best shape Ive been in Since, well, my whole life, lol

Cardio, maybe not so much, but I feel like my body on a whole is in the best shape ever. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE Ive actually got a fully defined 6 pack and the supporting core muscles too
Ive had the sixer before, but nothing like what it is now...My stomach is RIPPED!!!
LMAO

AT 38y/o, thats pretty badass!
Im down to 10.2% body fat and was calculated at 64lbs of lean muscle mass with a total weight of 172lbs

Im a happy camper
:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I'll have to look up where a local one is. I want shoes first. If i had a few months I bet I could hit high 4 hundreds on dead, 350 on bench, but squat won't be impressive.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You guys are nuts...
You guys want to try out some really good chalk? Go to REI or a rock climbing outfitter and pick up some climbers chalk...that stuff is awesome for keeping your hands dry and adding grip!

I havent had the gumption to do squats yet, my back is still pretty weak and screwed up from ignorant decisions thru my 20's and early 30's, more than 15yrs of framing and then a car accident 18mo ago

But I joined a gym (Golds) a few weeks back and have a trainer with me every workout, 2x a week...

I have Completely changed my diet, fluid intake and Im getting more sleep. Also using some good supplements, an after workout protein drink and taking a myriad of vitimans

Gotta say, I feel pretty damn good! Right now Id bet Im pretty close to being in the best shape Ive been in Since, well, my whole life, lol

Cardio, maybe not so much, but I feel like my body on a whole is in the best shape ever. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE Ive actually got a fully defined 6 pack and the supporting core muscles too
Ive had the sixer before, but nothing like what it is now...My stomach is RIPPED!!!
LMAO

AT 38y/o, thats pretty badass!
Im down to 10.2% body fat and was calculated at 64lbs of lean muscle mass with a total weight of 172lbs

Im a happy camper
:thumb:

Climbers chalk and lifting chalk is the same stuff and works like magic... But some of us are more stubborn on here & like to draw pretty pictures all over gym;)

Good for you on getting back in the gym Jason. It will truly change your life.

Lets not even get into poor decisions made when younger or even now for that matter:D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Climbers chalk and lifting chalk is the same stuff and works like magic... But some of us are more stubborn on here & like to draw pretty pictures all over gym;)

Lets not even get into poor decisions made when younger or even now for that matter:D

Lol I only draw pictures of gorillas all over. I'm local to st louis missouri, probably meets around somewhere

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012

Thanks Albert!
And L-O-L at poor decisions

Figures climbers chalk and lifting chalk would be the same...hahaha
I had no idea, never seen/used chalk to lift...climbing on the orher hand, used it like fat kid eats cake

Yeah man, going to the gym with a positive mindset, being determined and dedicated to work hard, push your comfortable limits and keep at it, SURELY WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

It was almost disheartening the first 2wks...I felt like I was so weak...but like thay say...muscle has memory and thankfully, mine came out of their deep slumber quickly
:eek:

Now at 6-7wks in, Im feeling strong again, my body is looking great and Im actually pretty stoked when I see the guy looking back at me when I get out of the shower

My previous PR for bench was in 1996, 230lbs, I weighed 158...
Im already up to 220 but I weigh 172 now...my goal for the end of summer is to hit 250 on bench...and be able to get my back strong enough to dive into doing squats

Id like to golf again too...havent been able to swing a club since my accident...i used to be sub par golfer on average courses...Id hate to see what my game looks like now :eek:

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks Albert!
And L-O-L at poor decisions

Figures climbers chalk and lifting chalk would be the same...hahaha
I had no idea, never seen/used chalk to lift...climbing on the orher hand, used it like fat kid eats cake

Yeah man, going to the gym with a positive mindset, being determined and dedicated to work hard, push your comfortable limits and keep at it, SURELY WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

It was almost disheartening the first 2wks...I felt like I was so weak...but like thay say...muscle has memory and thankfully, mine came out of their deep slumber quickly
:eek:

Now at 6-7wks in, Im feeling strong again, my body is looking great and Im actually pretty stoked when I see the guy looking back at me when I get out of the shower
My previous PR for bench was in 1996, 230lbs, I weighed 158...
Im already up to 220 but I weigh 172 now...my goal for the end of summer is to hit 250 on bench...and be able to get my back strong enough to dive into doing squats

Id like to golf again too...havent been able to swing a club since my accident...i used to be sub par golfer on average courses...Id hate to see what my game looks like now :eek:

Um to much info dude:D

It comes back fast but I here you on the first 2-3 weeks. I hurt so bad from head to toe... The guy I was training with reminded me of the Sensei from the Karate Kid "Mercy is for the weak". I think he liked to work out with guys and run them off after a few days... What he didn't understand with me is, I'm dumb and stubborn...