Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So, on Saturday, did a 5mile heart health walk in Ocean City NJ, then procedded to fall asleep all afternoon on the beach, soooo, back is burnt as hell. Will that stop teh squatzors? Nope.

Squats
Went up to 5x405
5x355 to burn out legs

Bench
5x255

Will regret all this tmmr. :rofl:

Hey Matt, good work on the squats and bench but gawdamn you need to watch the sunburns:buttkick: I just had some cancer removed from my right leg last summer... I know good and well it was from sunburns floating the river and hanging at the lake growing up... I'm pretty sensitive about the sun now:hug:

Wife is on 2 a days until her comp. so I decided to go in with her and smoke my chest:thumb:
incline dumb bell bench
40x10 more of a fly than bench
50x10
70x10
90x8
flat dumb bell bench
90x10
100x6
100x5
100x4 holy sh*t i haven't done any dum dum stuff in a while:D
weighted dips std. grip
45x10
65x10
100x6
100x6
100x5
reverse grip dips
BWx10
BWx8
BWx6
Cable flys bottom position only
110x10
125x10
125x10

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You're gonna be walking funny tomorrow haha that's some big boy weight for squats.

Been sick for two weeks so just getting back into the swing of things tonight.

Started with some snatch work:

1x5 @ 135
1x3 @ 155
3x3 @ 185

Moved on to bench:
1x15 @ 135
1x8 @ 225
1x3 @ 285
3x3 @ 315

Did some flutter kicks in between the bench.

Next up was some super sets:

Push Press:

3x8 @ 155

&

Wide Grip Pull-ups

3x8(with a small band because I'm a lazy turd at the moment)

Need to get serious about my training but dealing with some bad sleep apnea so hopefully I'll start seeing some improvement in my training once I get my CPAP. That or I'm just lazy haha.

I here you on the sleep thing... When I'm working I only get 6-7 hours... Hope you get it straightened out James.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I here you on the sleep thing... When I'm working I only get 6-7 hours... Hope you get it straightened out James.

Thanks brother. :hug:

Never realized how important sleep was until I started having trouble with it. I'm a student right now and I still struggle to get to the gym sometimes with my schedule. It's gonna be an adjustment when I get out into the working wolrld later this year. Pretty sure I'd be a zombie if i only got 6 hours of sleep haha

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks brother. :hug:

Never realized how important sleep was until I started having trouble with it. I'm a student right now and I still struggle to get to the gym sometimes with my schedule. It's gonna be an adjustment when I get out into the working wolrld later this year. Pretty sure I'd be a zombie if i only got 6 hours of sleep haha

Eh, you learn to deal with it... After 20 years:D

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Yea 6hours is normal for me, bed by 11, up by 6 if I am lucky.

I hear ya on the sunburn, normally I am good with sunblock but always manage to forgot at least once a season. Which then reminds me to not do that :roflmao:

Deads will be interesting come Weds.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So doing semi heavy dum dum work on monday and roasting your chest isn't the greatest idea:D

Bench
warm up
barx10
135x10
185x10
225x6
275x3
315x1.5 lol
315x1
315x1
315x1
225x10

Superset
Lat pull down
150x12
160x8
160x6
Face pulls
110x12
150x10
160x8

Still rebuilding the bench...

And so far I have eaten whatever the heck I have wanted and stayed at 204 morning weight:thumb: I think I will trim down to 195-200 and hold there for awhile. I have been doing High Calories on training days and less on my off days, seems to have been working on spiking my metabolism.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Following up. Tren definitely has sides:D. I'm on long estered tren, last shot was last Sunday, should be getting on the downhill slide now. It was great and I must say, I look pretty badass lol:woott:. Get complimented on daily seems like. But I feel pretty bad now. Kidneys hurt, BP is at 134/82, got a pretty short fuse now (prolly cause I feel bad all the time more than anything). It was a good run, but I'm ready to be off for a while. Maybe I can hold on to the physique for most of the summer.

3 months of test 600mg/week then dropped to 300mg/week when I added tren in.
8 weeks on tren at 300mg/week

I be firing up again next year.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Deads 315x12
375x8
405x5x2
425x5

Aparently I'm not supposed to use lifting chalk at the gym because it makes a mess but a liquid grip aid was suggested to me. any opinions or reviews or ideas what to do? I'd rather not buy grips

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Deads 315x12
375x8
405x5x2
425x5

Aparently I'm not supposed to use lifting chalk at the gym because it makes a mess but a liquid grip aid was suggested to me. any opinions or reviews or ideas what to do? I'd rather not buy grips

Oh, I got one I have been wanting to try... My Strongman buddy showed me this trick. Take a small squirt bottle like the one in front here http://www.sks-science.com/plastic-laboratory-bottles-p-6109.html
Put your chalk in there and then dump rubbing alcohol in it until it becomes a liquid like paste that will squeeze easily out your bottle. Just put a small amount in your hands and rub them together. It sticks to you like glue and doesn't make a mess:thumb:

Nice work on the deads chief:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Oh, I got one I have been wanting to try... My Strongman buddy showed me this trick. Take a small squirt bottle like the one in front here http://www.sks-science.com/plastic-laboratory-bottles-p-6109.html
Put your chalk in there and then dump rubbing alcohol in it until it becomes a liquid like paste that will squeeze easily out your bottle. Just put a small amount in your hands and rub them together. It sticks to you like glue and doesn't make a mess:thumb:

Nice work on the deads chief:thumb:

Thanks I'll try that. Yeah when I got done do in deads a guy came in there throwing 500 around:mad: lol makes me want to kill it next week

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks I'll try that. Yeah when I got done do in deads a guy came in there throwing 500 around:mad: lol makes me want to kill it next week

I train with my Bro Aaron, he and I started powerlifting around the same weights... He just pulled 570 for a 3x3 last friday, and 455 broke me off:mad:

He's also 6'4 265... But it still pisses me off:D

Best thing I can do is just focus on my goals and try to ignore what is happening around me. It's hard but you have to lay that foundation to build that skyscraper yo:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I train with my Bro Aaron, he and I started powerlifting around the same weights... He just pulled 570 for a 3x3 last friday, and 455 broke me off:mad:

He's also 6'4 265... But it still pisses me off:D

Best thing I can do is just focus on my goals and try to ignore what is happening around me. It's hard but you have to lay that foundation to build that skyscraper yo:thumb:
Well in my defense that guy was quite a bit bigger than me lol. Was told I did beast weight today, that felt good. It's like my truck there's always a faster one. But if im mid pack it's fine lol

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I just got back from an amazing Thai/Ashiatsu/Deep Tissue Massage:thumb: As I mentioned before I had pulled a groin muscle at some point last week? This style of massage allows your body to be manipulated to get the best stretches and deep tissue work done. It also is nice that the girl giving it is smokin hot:D

So if your having some issue with muscle and joint soreness by all means get some massage work done. Most insurances will cover them now and most chiro dr. can prescribe them.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Well in my defense that guy was quite a bit bigger than me lol. Was told I did beast weight today, that felt good. It's like my truck there's always a faster one. But if im mid pack it's fine lol

Jessy, your surely not mid pack bud;) Not to many gym rats can pull anything over 400 for reps:hug:

Your spot on with the size thing... As Matt mentioned a few pages back, look at the weight diff. between folks. I look at what Aaron pulls 618 and he weighs 264 which equals 2.34xBW, I weigh 204 and pull 490 2.40xBW:D Just perspective is all.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
It's been a while since I've been on here...I got a new job and moved back to Denver. The CF gym always throws a going away dinner when people move (College town, lots of turnover in the spring) and when they asked me where I wanted to meet up for dinner I said at the gym....for a CF Total.

So we did. 1 Hour to hit 1RM of Squat, Strict Press, and Deadlift. It is frustrating because it isn't really a 1RM, its a workout. 1:00 to hit the heaviest single you can is a sprint.

345 Squat, 195 Strict Press, and 405 DL. I was dragging ass by the end. Weighed in at 184.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
It's been a while since I've been on here...I got a new job and moved back to Denver. The CF gym always throws a going away dinner when people move (College town, lots of turnover in the spring) and when they asked me where I wanted to meet up for dinner I said at the gym....for a CF Total.

So we did. 1 Hour to hit 1RM of Squat, Strict Press, and Deadlift. It is frustrating because it isn't really a 1RM, its a workout. 1:00 to hit the heaviest single you can is a sprint.

345 Squat, 195 Strict Press, and 405 DL. I was dragging ass by the end. Weighed in at 184.

Congrats on the move:thumb: Damn good work on that wo Bennett. Those are some mighty nice numbers for a 184 pounder... And here I thought we finally dumped the crossfitter bhahahaha! Just kidding bud.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Jessy, your surely not mid pack bud;) Not to many gym rats can pull anything over 400 for reps:hug:

Your spot on with the size thing... As Matt mentioned a few pages back, look at the weight diff. between folks. I look at what Aaron pulls 618 and he weighs 264 which equals 2.34xBW, I weigh 204 and pull 490 2.40xBW:D Just perspective is all.

Good to hear lol but I'm about 230 lbs and 6 foot 2. Not sure what that adds up to but Def not upset with my weights at the moment. Need to work on my damn arms lol. It would be cool to go to a meat and compete just for fun, but I don't have a good diet down. Plenty of carbs before bed lmao

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Good to hear lol but I'm about 230 lbs and 6 foot 2. Not sure what that adds up to but Def not upset with my weights at the moment. Need to work on my damn arms lol. It would be cool to go to a meat and compete just for fun, but I don't have a good diet down. Plenty of carbs before bed lmao

BB.com 1 rep max cal. has your 425x5 at 478 for 1. comes out to a 2.07XBW DL nothing wrong with that;)

Don't worry about weight classes or diets for your first few Competitions. Just go and have fun. The best thing you can do is hit all your attempts, missing sucks:D

Give this article a read.
http://marylandpowerlifting.com/2009/05/11/a-powerlifters-guide-to-attempt-selection/

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo