Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Another reason I love having a home gym... Yesterday was the first workout I have had where I woke up sore. My upper back and front delts are spent today. Quads feel good as well

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
Following up. Tren definitely has sides:D. I'm on long estered tren, last shot was last Sunday, should be getting on the downhill slide now. It was great and I must say, I look pretty badass lol:woott:. Get complimented on daily seems like. But I feel pretty bad now. Kidneys hurt, BP is at 134/82, got a pretty short fuse now (prolly cause I feel bad all the time more than anything). It was a good run, but I'm ready to be off for a while. Maybe I can hold on to the physique for most of the summer.

3 months of test 600mg/week then dropped to 300mg/week when I added tren in.
8 weeks on tren at 300mg/week

I be firing up again next year.

Hows PCT going Wolf? Still waiting for everything to clear or are you in your PCT now? Feeling better now that you're off the devil juice? haha

On another note, any of you powerlifters do some endurance training alongside your lifting? Ive been reading Alex Viada's Hybrid Athlete and its really changed some of my views on endurance training especially as someone who focuses on powerlifting. Im considering trying some endurance training concurrent with the powerlifting and seeing if I can get myself in better cardiovascular shape without losing my strength and possibly improving it at the same time. I know it will not be fun, but I need to focus on general health a little more and cardio is an important part of that. And god damnit Im gonna find my abs even if it ****in kills me lol

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I usually will run a 5k or whatever, at least three times a month.

That and try doing all your squat sets on one breath, shits hard.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
2x20 squats has been my cardio lately:D I need to implement more cardio, as I would like to lean out some more... But I F-ing hate cardio...

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Been doing tons of reading on the subject of lifting and cardio. The SS camp is naturally TERRIFIED of any cardio as it is said to kill and limit gainzz. Fact is cardio can be done with lifting but timing seems to be important. Sprinting after a workout seems best to keep muscle but to get the biggest leptin response fasted cardio trumps all...

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
2x20 squats has been my cardio lately:D I need to implement more cardio, as I would like to lean out some more... But I F-ing hate cardio...

You and me both. I avoid it like the plague. Makes me feel like I'm dying a slow painful death haha

Been doing tons of reading on the subject of lifting and cardio. The SS camp is naturally TERRIFIED of any cardio as it is said to kill and limit gainzz. Fact is cardio can be done with lifting but timing seems to be important. Sprinting after a workout seems best to keep muscle but to get the biggest leptin response fasted cardio trumps all...

Yeah the more reading I do the more I realize thats its a necessary part of any program as the physiological responses can benefit even a dedicated powerlifter. Obviously you dont want to overdo it if you're only goal is pure strength but I think you can concurrently train for both endurance events and strength events and make progress in both if you do it right. And I feel like there has to be some carryover from exceptional conditioning to high volume strength work. I plan to incorporate some low intensity cardio training a couple times a week to get started then start trying to train for maybe a half marathon or 5k so we'll see what happens and if I can maintain my strength.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I think adding some cardio after my workout ls helped me gain some. I do 5-10 min max light running. I know I cut down a lot from it. I don't feel I've lost any gains or strength from cardio.. Although my back getting hurt killed all my leg gains since I'm stuck to machine leg training now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I like to compare sprinters to endurance runners... Now which type of cardio do you want to do?:D

Definitely understand this comparison as dedicated long distance running will not yield great results for muscle mass. However, sprinting does tax the body a lot more and require more time for recovery that could hinder strength training while not building a good cardiovascular base. Low intensity high volume cardio work, along with strength training, can give some of the endurance benefits while still allowing for high intensity strength training. Steady state cardiovascular work can improve work capacity, improve fat and glucose utilization, and increase muscle perfusion. At little cost. And this is what I'm after. As I want the benefits of good cardio while improving my strength at the same time. I strongly suggest people pick up Alex viada's book as it's been a great read and gives a pretty good blueprint of how to balance endurance work with strength training.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Bunch of squating and dead lifting in this thread:D

JP, I start pct next week. I wanted to be damn sure all the tren has cleared my system.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Deads today, warm up,
315x6
405x5x3- was going for 5x5 now that I can't use chalk I couldn't hang on with my left, so I went to 435x3x2 lol its not the weight, it's the reps that gets my grip.
Heavy machine rows,
Pull downs,
I don't know what the other thing is called lol
Then biceps, if I had chalk I would have blew through 405x5x5 and that was a goal i set not to long ago:woott:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Deads today, warm up,

315x6

405x5x3- was going for 5x5 now that I can't use chalk I couldn't hang on with my left, so I went to 435x3x2 lol its not the weight, it's the reps that gets my grip.

Heavy machine rows,

Pull downs,

Then biceps, if I had chalk I would have blew through 405x5x5 and that was a goal i set not to long ago:woott:

Work on that grip, if you've not ever seen them look into fatgripz. I used them for a while and saw huge improvements

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Work on that grip, if you've not ever seen them look into fatgripz. I used them for a while and saw huge improvements

Need to do something lol. I'll look into them, I'd like to keep with chalk it's just faster. Grips might look way cooler though:cool2:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Need to do something lol. I'll look into them, I'd like to keep with chalk it's just faster. Grips might look way cooler though:cool2:

It's hard to use them on deadlift, they basically make the bar 2.5" so your more focused on gripping it then just wrapping around it. I used them on everything until they got stolen

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It's hard to use them on deadlift, they basically make the bar 2.5" so your more focused on gripping it then just wrapping around it. I used them on everything until they got stolen

I think I'm gonna start wearing my belt in the car lol
Damn cobalt, yeah I quit using my wrist wraps it's just one extra thing and they weren't worth it to me, I don't know if i like em. Don't feel like they do anything anyway

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I think I'm gonna start wearing my belt in the car lol

Damn cobalt, yeah I quit using my wrist wraps it's just one extra thing and they weren't worth it to me, I don't know if i like em. Don't feel like they do anything anyway

I've never used wrist straps. I never got to the point where I felt my grip was holding me back. Although I'm sure there are other reasons to use them.. I've gotta get my back fixed so I can start getting some numbers out there again.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Deads today, warm up,
315x6
Heavy machine rows,
Pull downs,
:hello:Dude, order the sh*t.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=powder+lifting+chalk