110x8
120x6
120x3
Cable wide grip lat pull downs
160x10
170x8
180x6
190x3

This workout was tough. I feel completely fatigued... I have deadlifts Friday and after that I'm cutting all Acc. work from here to the comp. I think lack of sleep, being sick for a week and a half, Lots of heavy Acc. stuff has just taken a toll and run me down... I will work on nailing these heavy triples and leave the fluff stuff alone for a bit.

Last edited:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
More 3x3 failure :rofl:
Bench
315x1x2 3rd rep had help
305x2x2 3rd rep had help F-ing sweet:rolleyes:
315x2x1 unassisted singles
Incline
135x10
185x5
185x2x3
135x12

Back/Shoulder Acc. work
super sets
seated dumbbell press
45x12
55x10
65x8
65x6
Dumbell row
110x10
110x8
120x6
120x3
Cable wide grip lat pull downs
160x10
170x8
180x6
190x3

This workout was tough. I feel completely fatigued... I have deadlifts Friday and after that I'm cutting all Acc. work from here to the comp. I think lack of sleep, being sick for a week and a half, Lots of heavy Acc. stuff has just taken a toll and run me down... I will work on nailing these heavy triples and leave the fluff stuff alone for a bit.

You are working pretty close to 1rm right? I would decrease the misc stuff, and maybe give yourself more time between sets. User a lap timer for deadlifts has def helped me a lot, forces me to take a rest and be consistent with sets.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
You are working pretty close to 1rm right? I would decrease the misc stuff, and maybe give yourself more time between sets. User a lap timer for deadlifts has def helped me a lot, forces me to take a rest and be consistent with sets.

Yep, I'm in the 85-90% 1RM range. I'm only doing the main lifts from here out, probably should have started that this week but live and learn. I will try the lap timer trick. My deads have gone really well lately so hopefully Friday isn't a problem...

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Yep, I'm in the 85-90% 1RM range. I'm only doing the main lifts from here out, probably should have started that this week but live and learn. I will try the lap timer trick. My deads have gone really well lately so hopefully Friday isn't a problem...

Well there ya go, its a peaking program and you are at the top. I don't think you should expect yourself to hit every workout 100% or else hell, we would all be elite lifters. :D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Well there ya go, its a peaking program and you are at the top. I don't think you should expect yourself to hit every workout 100% or else hell, we would all be elite lifters. :D

I told you I'm a competitive mofo:D I'm learning to not be so hard on myself...

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I did legs today

Squat warm up with bar
225x12low
275x10
315x8x3 started losing form on the last few so didn't go as low
Then a water break back to 275x8
Then 225x10

Then blah blah leg machines calves, lol hit squat pretty hard so I was worn out but it was a good day.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
And yet again, BB guy is kinda useless for his mass :D

Tiny OLY and PL guy did some serious work, but the strongman def had the hardest workout IMO. 120kg for that many reps is no joke.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
And yet again, BB guy is kinda useless for his mass :D

Tiny OLY and PL guy did some serious work, but the strongman def had the hardest workout IMO. 120kg for that many reps is no joke.

Speaking of little oly lifters...

Monday I hit 3x4 at 300 and today I got 1x5 of 305. Felt like shit today. Worked on the road. Logged 800 miles this week. Hip flexors were angry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ive got a somewhat of a physical issue Im looking for advise on...
Maybe/hopefully you guys can help...little background first

Ive never been much on weight lifting or a fitness nut, but Ive always been in excellent shape...As a soccer player for 22yrs, avid rock climber, snowboarder/instructor, and carpenter, my daily activities kept me slim, trim and strong

I kinda ran into several life crisis isuues in the last 3mo, they all happened one right after the other and are somewhat ongoing...

Ive been fightin everything from financial stress and relationship stress (on a multitude of levels), to anxiety and emotional trauma...

Ive lost allot of weight and dont really have an appetite, I didnt have much body fat to begin with and my body is sorta eating itself right now, Dr says Ive got allot of protien in my urine..

Im not sleeping much either cuz when I start to fall asleep I feel like the bed disappears and Im falling into an bottemless pit, so I wake up with a shot of adrenaline and am awake for a few hours more...

I was weighing in at about 192lbs give or take a couple (no clothes/shoes) w/a 34" waistline and now I'm down to about 178lbs and my jeans are fallin off my azz
Lol

Dont really mind being thinner so much as I mind that my tendons and ligiments feel strained all the time right now...and I feel weak and dont have the energy I used to

I know to be healthy I need to force myself to eat good foods regularly, sleep and stay as active as possible, I am still active but i dont have the motivation I used to...

Can anyone reccomend a recovery drink/mix that might have the soluble protiens and nutrients/vitamins that would aid me in gaining my general health back into shape? Im looking to score some insight to help both physical and mental health, i.e. Protein, nutrients and vitimans, essential oils/salts etc etc

Thanks a bunch in advance
COCOAL out-

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Find a hobby that requires being active, and dive in head first. You gotta get some sort of escape. I don't think supplements will help, but I am not expert in any sort of mental health stuff. Whats your diet like as of now?

Intensity day
Squats
5x205
5x245
5x315
3x355
4x425
4x355

Bench
Worked to a paused 265x3

Row
Did some rowing lol

Felt great today, other than my lower back screaming bloody murder. Hurray for doing landscaping all tmmr at the folks house :rofl:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Ive got a somewhat of a physical issue Im looking for advise on...
Maybe/hopefully you guys can help...little background first

Ive never been much on weight lifting or a fitness nut, but Ive always been in excellent shape...As a soccer player for 22yrs, avid rock climber, snowboarder/instructor, and carpenter, my daily activities kept me slim, trim and strong

I kinda ran into several life crisis isuues in the last 3mo, they all happened one right after the other and are somewhat ongoing...

Ive been fightin everything from financial stress and relationship stress (on a multitude of levels), to anxiety and emotional trauma...

Ive lost allot of weight and dont really have an appetite, I didnt have much body fat to begin with and my body is sorta eating itself right now, Dr says Ive got allot of protien in my urine..

Im not sleeping much either cuz when I start to fall asleep I feel like the bed disappears and Im falling into an bottemless pit, so I wake up with a shot of adrenaline and am awake for a few hours more...

I was weighing in at about 192lbs give or take a couple (no clothes/shoes) w/a 34" waistline and now I'm down to about 178lbs and my jeans are fallin off my azz
Lol

Dont really mind being thinner so much as I mind that my tendons and ligiments feel strained all the time right now...and I feel weak and dont have the energy I used to

I know to be healthy I need to force myself to eat good foods regularly, sleep and stay as active as possible, I am still active but i dont have the motivation I used to...

Can anyone reccomend a recovery drink/mix that might have the soluble protiens and nutrients/vitamins that would aid me in gaining my general health back into shape? Im looking to score some insight to help both physical and mental health, i.e. Protein, nutrients and vitimans, essential oils/salts etc etc

Thanks a bunch in advance
COCOAL out-
Jason, Sorry your having a shitty time right now, that truly sucks. I'm with Matt on find something to burry yourself in, you gotta have an outlet... Exercise, good foods, & lots of rest... I can completely forget about everything for a couple hours at the Gym, it's good therapy for me:thumb:

It sounds like to you, the wheels are falling off in every way. As much as you or anybody probably doesn't want to, you need to see a Therapist. It doesn't mean your crazy at least not anymore than you normally are:hug::D They can help you dig out the issues that are bothering you the most and teach how to deal with them constructively instead of letting them wreck you.

As for supps. I like to use Sunflower Lecithin for the Central Nervous System. Omega 3 fatty acids like fish oil, Chia seeds (flax seeds on crack) are good for joint health. I also use Glucosamine for joint health but I'm getting older and need all the help I can get;)

Shakeology is a very good source of nutrients, I have used it off and on with excellent results (not much of a veggie eater)... If your interested and want to no more about it and how to get it PM me.

Find a hobby that requires being active, and dive in head first. You gotta get some sort of escape. I don't think supplements will help, but I am not expert in any sort of mental health stuff. Whats your diet like as of now?

Intensity day
Squats
5x205
5x245
5x315
3x355
4x425
4x355

Bench
Worked to a paused 265x3

Row
Did some rowing lol

Felt great today, other than my lower back screaming bloody murder. Hurray for doing landscaping all tmmr at the folks house :rofl:
My back is smoked today as well, Deadlifts consisted of dragging my sled around in the Mts. getting stuck in various situations:rolleyes:

Got my new lifting shoes today... Excited to try them out tomorrow
Sweet man try them out and let me know what you think. I bet you feel a 110% better squatting:thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
x2 on the therapy.... My girl and I have been seeing a couples therapist for 3 months or so really really helping out. Health is the most important thing to have never be ashamed or feel to manly to get help.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
x2 on the therapy.... My girl and I have been seeing a couples therapist for 3 months or so really really helping out. Health is the most important thing to have never be ashamed or feel to manly to get help.

Amen:thumb:

Deadlifts
Finally had a decent friggin 3x3:hello:
Warm ups
Lots of foam rolling back is still thrashed from riding yesterday.
bar for 10
135x10
225x5
315x4
405x3
450x2x3
450x2 boo hoo I missed the last one... Just completely wrecked but happy to get what I did as I thought of bagging the whole thing.