Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
If you keep your elbows pulled down more and in, and keep your chest up you should be able to get rid of that slight goodmorning at the bottom when your hips shoot up!

That was what I was thinking. This is also something I need to keep working on. Elbows straight down.

Also, bottom position. It looks like you are hitting good depth, but at the expense of some butt wink. Keep that pelvis position locked at the bottom. That is what I messed up and hurt my back a couple weeks ago. Keep working! I wish I had a rack at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Finally been going back steady for a while now. Oddly enough flat bench aggravates an old shoulder injury real bad but luckily nothing else seems to bother it. Hopefully I'll be able to keep going steady and get back to where I was years ago.

Today

Decline
185 x 20 x 1
225 x 10 x 2
275 x 5 x 2

Incline
185 x 10 x 2
205 x 6 x 1
225 x 4 x 2

Nice incline pressing Evan:thumb: I think incline is hands down my worst lift as of now:rofl:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Last de-load before Pr smashing time:D These felt so much better than my squat and bench de-load... Hopefully I was still getting over my cold, or next week could be the end of me:(

Deadlifts
375x5x4

Curls for the girls
multiple sets of dumbell and cable stuff, boring...

Decided must have more pain
straight leg 3" deficit Deads
215x4x10 speed pulls

Weighted decline abs
45x20x2
45x15x2

I'm smoked:D

DewDewMax

Drive fast, take chances
Jul 9, 2014
Sudbury Ontario
Last de-load before Pr smashing time:D These felt so much better than my squat and bench de-load... Hopefully I was still getting over my cold, or next week could be the end of me:(

Deadlifts
375x5x4

Curls for the girls
multiple sets of dumbell and cable stuff, boring...

Decided must have more pain
straight leg 3" deficit Deads
215x4x10 speed pulls

Weighted decline abs
45x20x2
45x15x2

I'm smoked:D

What are you going to attempt for a deadlift PR??

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
What are you going to attempt for a deadlift PR??

My dead goal is 500+ conventional, I should hit that no problem at my meet on may 2nd. Then I'm switching to sumo. I have a bad lower back thanks to racing motocross, so the sumo should take some of the pressure off.

I found out that the 2 state record holders for the 40+ 205 class are going to be at this meet in may... I'm super motivated to do well may 2nd:thumb: I'm a competitive sob:D

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
My dead goal is 500+ conventional, I should hit that no problem at my meet on may 2nd. Then I'm switching to sumo. I have a bad lower back thanks to racing motocross, so the sumo should take some of the pressure off.

I found out that the 2 state record holders for the 40+ 205 class are going to be at this meet in may... I'm super motivated to do well may 2nd:thumb: I'm a competitive sob:D

That is something I think is so cool about powerlifting as a sport; you can do it for decades. In fact, it takes that long to build serious power. Weightlifting and powerlifting are about the only sports out there that are that way. Besides golf or shuffleboard or some oldtimer sport like that...

DewDewMax

Drive fast, take chances
Jul 9, 2014
Sudbury Ontario

Nice! Can't wait! I'm sure you'll be part of the 500 club in no time! Be nice to set a couple records too ! My goals for my first meet in September are 225-230BW

325 bench
475 squat
585 deadlift

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
That is something I think is so cool about powerlifting as a sport; you can do it for decades. In fact, it takes that long to build serious power. Weightlifting and powerlifting are about the only sports out there that are that way. Besides golf or shuffleboard or some oldtimer sport like that...
I'm no where near my peak which is kinda nice, gives me something to keep working towards. My friend Ben is 77 and still squats well over 300+ pounds at 165:eek: Mick told me he didn't hit his best numbers until his mid 40's, I think Coan was the same. So their is hope for me:D

Nice! Can't wait! I'm sure you'll be part of the 500 club in no time! Be nice to set a couple records too ! My goals for my first meet in September are 225-230BW

325 bench
475 squat
585 deadlift

Those are some nice numbers. Any questions about meet prep. just ask.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Natural as well, im lifting in OPA, we have a lot more stupid rules than you guys do, I wish we had the same rules as USAPL

Natural but not doing impressive weight yet lol. Gonna try to pyramid up over 405 on deads Tuesday. Then the following week maybe do some heavy 5x5 then lighten it up again and go high. My squat is feeling good now that my dead weight is going up and I've been squatting narrower. So i hope my bench goes up I've been stuck on my sets on bench a while now, now that my core strength is going up.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Any of you guys using wireless ear buds? I'm thinking about getting some after I chopped my beats cord in my lever belt a couple weeks ago. I don't like the ear muffs so buds only.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Any of you guys using wireless ear buds? I'm thinking about getting some after I chopped my beats cord in my lever belt a couple weeks ago. I don't like the ear muffs so buds only.

I've been thinking about getting a set of Bluetooth beats, but I don't want to fork out the $$ my set I have now are about worn out.. I can't do earbuds at my gym, they play pop music to loud..