Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Hey now, don't hate the pink, my shoes have pink laces!

I wanted to get cupcake custom chucks, but they got rid of teh pattern. :roflmao:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
A 10mm single lever is a nice belt, double prong is a silly in between to a lever IMO.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I ordered the one from the link above. Half of it was free due to the gift card. I'll let you guys know how it is when I get it.

I did some reverse hypers, banded good mornings, and some light pause squats. I feel so much better today, But I'll take my time getting back to fun weight.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I ordered the one from the link above. Half of it was free due to the gift card. I'll let you guys know how it is when I get it.

I did some reverse hypers, banded good mornings, and some light pause squats. I feel so much better today, But I'll take my time getting back to fun weight.

I got rogues power lifting belt it was 20 more bucks for the xl than the one you got. I read single pin belts are a little less stiff. But i don't have alot of experience with belts so I can't tell ya what's better. But i can tell you how I like mine when I get it. A guy at my gym just bought a the same belt I just got, that's what made me get mine. It looked like a nice belt. And i figure no suprise since I already looked at one in person

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho

Good deal. I think you will find as you get stronger your body can/will recover faster. I know its been that way for me. The gym, plus eating better has given me a new lease on less pain:D

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I got rogues power lifting belt it was 20 more bucks for the xl than the one you got. I read single pin belts are a little less stiff. But i don't have alot of experience with belts so I can't tell ya what's better. But i can tell you how I like mine when I get it. A guy at my gym just bought a the same belt I just got, that's what made me get mine. It looked like a nice belt. And i figure no suprise since I already looked at one in person

Cool. I wanted a Cardillo, but I'm not spending 170 bones on one until I can try it in person first.

I'll be interested to hear your feedback.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Good deal. I think you will find as you get stronger your body can/will recover faster. I know its been that way for me. The gym, plus eating better has given me a new lease on less pain:D

I hope so. Like I said, this is an old injury. The first time it happened I was out for months, but the most recent flare up lasted just a couple weeks. I'm much stronger now than either of those times.

I hope I can achieve what you have with pain prevention/reduction plus recovery speed.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Eat anti inflammatory foods if possible... Sweet potatoes, grass Fed beef, lean chicken try to stay away from wheat even if you aren't celiac it causes inflammation

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Tore up the new gym. Love the equipment. The cable machines actually burn and are so smooth. We did our workout in half the time as usual today. Calve machine is awesome! Can't wait to get my belt and pull some weight!

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Eat anti inflammatory foods if possible... Sweet potatoes, grass Fed beef, lean chicken try to stay away from wheat even if you aren't celiac it causes inflammation

Diet is on point. I am not a rah rah paleo guy because I think it isn't the best for many people, but keto/paleo has worked very well for me.

I've been stretching like a madman. The guys in the office are sick of watching me do inchworm/cobra down the hallway making weird faces at people as I pass their door. Today I have no pain and full range of motion. I have some muscle soreness from it all clamping down when it happened, but that is it.

I had a huge plate of reverse hyper for breakfast today. Reading Louie's piece on the hyper and his injury made me very grateful for what I have. Here is that piece: http://www.westside-barbell.com/reverse-hyper/the-history-of-the-reverse-hyper

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Diet is on point. I am not a rah rah paleo guy because I think it isn't the best for many people, but keto/paleo has worked very well for me.

I've been stretching like a madman. The guys in the office are sick of watching me do inchworm/cobra down the hallway making weird faces at people as I pass their door. Today I have no pain and full range of motion. I have some muscle soreness from it all clamping down when it happened, but that is it.

I had a huge plate of reverse hyper for breakfast today. Reading Louie's piece on the hyper and his injury made me very grateful for what I have. Here is that piece: http://www.westside-barbell.com/reverse-hyper/the-history-of-the-reverse-hyper

That is excellent news:thumb:

Also what a great article. Louie is a Beast:D

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Louie is an incredible guy. He's a mad scientist and doesn't get enough respect for what he has done.

His words in bigger faster stronger were hilarious. When told smelly said he was going off steroids he laughed in the younger Bell's face. Then when he said it was real he made the sign of the cross and acted like his friend had died.

In other news, I heard that the local outlet store has old stock reebok and Nike oly shoes for $35/pair. I'm headed down there tonight to check.