305x5 back is good and smoked....

Hypers
4x10-12 I loose count

Foam roll the back, hurts so good:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The "goal" is to compete this fall, I have been saying that for a long time, but so far I am progressing without injury. Need to work on my consistency some more but getting back in the groove.

Somewhere round a 550s, 600d, and 315b @ 220 would be my goal.

You should compete sooner than later, it's a lot of fun:thumb: Where are you located? I have been toying with doing Nationals next year, it would be nice to meet up with a few people.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Bout the other side of the country from you :D

Best state of the union NJ...

Usually Rutgers hosts a USAPL meet in the fall.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Squats today
285x3x10
285x5 missed grooved the 5th rep and about lost it forward, caught it and got back on my heels but had to let it go to the catch bars:mad: Unloaded the bar and re-racked it. Pushed out 6 more.
Satan squats
225x5 all long paused in 3 positions
225x6
Leg extensions
155x5x10
Calf raises
225x12
365x3x10
Limped out the door:D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Got in there yesterday and did back. Haven't been pushing myself, so I stepped it up. Pulled 315 for 5 then 365 for 5x5. I feel great today, really gonna push myself on the core exercises again. I'll be joining golds gym this weekend so a change of scenery should get the fire lit again. Thinking about getting a lifting belt and shoes. A guy at my gym got a Rouge belt looked nice might bite the bullet. I just don't want it to get in my way, never really wore one before

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Thinking about getting a lifting belt and shoes. A guy at my gym got a Rouge belt looked nice might bite the bullet. I just don't want it to get in my way, never really wore one before

I like my rogue belt. They sell different widths. I use a four inch belt, but I'm a little fella compared to most of you guys at 5'11"/190.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Got in there yesterday and did back. Haven't been pushing myself, so I stepped it up. Pulled 315 for 5 then 365 for 5x5. I feel great today, really gonna push myself on the core exercises again. I'll be joining golds gym this weekend so a change of scenery should get the fire lit again. Thinking about getting a lifting belt and shoes. A guy at my gym got a Rouge belt looked nice might bite the bullet. I just don't want it to get in my way, never really wore one before

Good job bud:thumb: A new gym can be a nice jump start sometimes.

I like to train with lower weights without the belt to help my core strength, however with my back I have to be careful. When the weights go up the belt goes on. I'm using a cheap lever belt I got off of e-bay, it works good but is stiff as heck.

Reebok has some new deadlift shoes that I have been itching to try out... Rogue carries them as well.

Here is some good info on Belts, these guys really know there stuff.

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-belts/

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
So I'm super late to this party but been itching to get into lifting. I'm a little fella. 5'11" 170 and I don't remember the last time I walked into the gym, but question for you guys with back injuries...how bad are yours and what is helping you be able to lift and not hurt like a mofo the next day. Some days I feel like I can barely move and I'm thinking some core strengthening is in order to help thsi