Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Leg destruction today. F-U legs:D
Squats
5x4x275 speed squats
4x10x275 sweet mother of god I made it............
Some more of Satan's Leg shredders (high bar, narrow stance, down-3/4 up-then down and back up 1) Last set all paused at 4 seconds.
5x5x155
Crawled out of the gym and poured myself into the car, legs officially wrecked:woott:

Looked at the leg curl machine on the way out.... Gave it the finger instead haha!

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Leg destruction today. F-U legs:D
Squats
5x4x275 speed squats
4x10x275 sweet mother of god I made it............
Some more of Satan's Leg shredders (high bar, narrow stance, down-3/4 up-then down and back up 1) Last set all paused at 4 seconds.
5x5x155
Crawled out of the gym and pored myself into the car, legs officially wrecked:woott:

Looked at the leg curl machine on the way out.... Gave it the finger instead haha!

Haha nice! I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a week. New little boy is priority right now.

Did some dead lift and a few other piddly things.

Deads- 145x10
235x10
315x6
375x5 for 3 sets.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Haha nice! I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a week. New little boy is priority right now.

Did some dead lift and a few other piddly things.

Deads- 145x10
235x10
315x6
375x5 for 3 sets.

I missed where you had a kid... Congrats on being a Dad:thumb: Best thing that ever happened to me;)

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
Yea be careful.. i got back to deadlifting .. got up to 545... did a couple reps and fractured my vertebrae last year.. spent almost a year recovering.. now just getting back into everything really hard over the winter.. shed my 40 lbs in about 16 weeks.. and now I'm going to really trim my diet and double gym session is daily for the next 12 weeks and prep for a fitness show. Shits miserable.. but gives me something to do

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Finally getting back into the gym... Been too long for me. Physical therapy, rest, physical therapy rest and more physical therapy. I think I'm going to start next week. 2 crossfit workouts and either the starting strength or 5 3 1 beyond program during the week with strict rest days (Saturday&Sunday) Looking to get strong...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yea be careful.. i got back to deadlifting .. got up to 545... did a couple reps and fractured my vertebrae last year.. spent almost a year recovering.. now just getting back into everything really hard over the winter.. shed my 40 lbs in about 16 weeks.. and now I'm going to really trim my diet and double gym session is daily for the next 12 weeks and prep for a fitness show. Shits miserable.. but gives me something to do
How in the h*ll did you fracture a vertebrae?

Finally getting back into the gym... Been too long for me. Physical therapy, rest, physical therapy rest and more physical therapy. I think I'm going to start next week. 2 crossfit workouts and either the starting strength or 5 3 1 beyond program during the week with strict rest days (Saturday&Sunday) Looking to get strong...

:thumb: hope your feeling better Nick

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
5x5 (in any variation) is better than SS or 5/3/1

Constant weekly weight added, so eat in excess. :thumb:

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
5x5 (in any variation) is better than SS or 5/3/1

Constant weekly weight added, so eat in excess. :thumb:

Stronglifts seems like it really sucks lol

Yeah, I would like to hear more on this. Linear programming works great for novice lifters, but this simple add five pounds each time you hit a lift while using the same rep scheme thing throws me off.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Good luck with Candito's program:thumb:

Week 1 down. I like it so far; this work fits with my training schedule in place now. I've treated this like the main objective and managed to still hit 4 workouts with the crossfit guys.

The squats on monday were 4x6 @ 275. I'm not a big dude, but I felt like one when I got out from under the bar on rep 6, set 4 :D I've never done a real program before, so I am excited to see how it goes.

The friday squats were 240 4x8 and they felt way heavier than monday did, but I had some quality time with a weight sled in the parking lot on wednesday. :)

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
5x5 seems like a program for guys who are already really strong? 75 squats a week sounds nasty

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Week 1 down. I like it so far; this work fits with my training schedule in place now. I've treated this like the main objective and managed to still hit 4 workouts with the crossfit guys.

The squats on monday were 4x6 @ 275. I'm not a big dude, but I felt like one when I got out from under the bar on rep 6, set 4 :D I've never done a real program before, so I am excited to see how it goes.

The friday squats were 240 4x8 and they felt way heavier than monday did, but I had some quality time with a weight sled in the parking lot on wednesday. :)
Nice. Make sure you stick with it for at least 2-3 cycles:thumb: I'm curious what your results will be.
5x5 seems like a program for guys who are already really strong? 75 squats a week sounds nasty
Not really. When I hurt my shoulder last year I just dropped the weight to something I could bench for a 5x5 until it felt better. Every couple of weeks I would add 5-10 pounds and stayed there until it didn't hurt or was easy, then I bumped again etc. etc. Once I was healed fully I went back to my normal routine. You can make anything really hard or not, it's up to you.