Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Went in today and smashed arms.. Didn't realize I was there 2 hours lifting hard..
Today was the first for that blackmarket labs pre workout. Took it about 2.5 hours ago and killed the gym. Still feeling its effects, smaller scoop next time I take it in the afternoon.

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Leg destruction today. F-U legs:D
Squats
5x4x275 speed squats
4x10x275 sweet mother of god I made it............
Some more of Satan's Leg shredders (high bar, narrow stance, down-3/4 up-then down and back up 1) Last set all paused at 4 seconds.
5x5x155
Crawled out of the gym and poured myself into the car, legs officially wrecked:woott:

Looked at the leg curl machine on the way out.... Gave it the finger instead haha!

So I tried these Satan's Leg shredders Friday night since my partner skipped out. Didn't think it would be that bad to do 5x5 with. I almost didnt do the 5th set cuz it was getting to me. I did it with 385 though. Talk about a burn.

Then went over and did some deadlifts.
225x8
315x6
405x3
495x2
545x1
holy hell the last deadlift was hell to get up over the knees. Thats where my struggle was but still locked out and held for a three count up top to ensure I was locked out for myself. lol Also is my new personal best. Weighing in at 222 right now.

Took three weeks off of bench for my shoulder. Was still able to do 315 for 5 first day back. :rockon:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So I tried these Satan's Leg shredders Friday night since my partner skipped out. Didn't think it would be that bad to do 5x5 with. I almost didnt do the 5th set cuz it was getting to me. I did it with 385 though. Talk about a burn.

Then went over and did some deadlifts.
225x8
315x6
405x3
495x2
545x1
holy hell the last deadlift was hell to get up over the knees. Thats where my struggle was but still locked out and held for a three count up top to ensure I was locked out for myself. lol Also is my new personal best. Weighing in at 222 right now.

Took three weeks off of bench for my shoulder. Was still able to do 315 for 5 first day back. :rockon:

Lol... I have been slowly working up on weight for those Satan squats. 385 sounds like a good time:rofl:

Good work on the deads and benching.

And my legs still f-ing hurt haha... It's like I have never squatted before. The guy that gave me those evil things said it helped take his squat to 565 @ 205 so they gotta work right? lol

Last edited:

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
be careful on those deadlifts man, unless your in competition id chill on the weight... 315 ish maybe 405 at most... but from your rep count i would stick 315 - 365 area and not go any further... i fractured my vertebrae going heavy, and blew out a disc, and took out the nerve that controls half my leg.. took me almost a year before i could even think of going to the gym again, finally getting back in a routine but u can guarantee deadlifts are off my regimen

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
be careful on those deadlifts man, unless your in competition id chill on the weight... 315 ish maybe 405 at most... but from your rep count i would stick 315 - 365 area and not go any further... i fractured my vertebrae going heavy, and blew out a disc, and took out the nerve that controls half my leg.. took me almost a year before i could even think of going to the gym again, finally getting back in a routine but u can guarantee deadlifts are off my regimen

If you deadlift with proper form the risk is minimal. You have to lay the foundation before you start yanking big weights of the floor.

There are so many variables that could of led to your injury...

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Squats tomorrow are going to be stiff. Fundraiser for lung disease research in Denver, stair climb, 56 story building, 45lb vest because why not?

5f2b695cfad93e8e5c21cda9c923fd33.jpg

Djreversal

Jul 14, 2011
If you deadlift with proper form the risk is minimal. You have to lay the foundation before you start yanking big weights of the floor.

There are so many variables that could of led to your injury...

yea definitely variables.. it was 585 lbs on a tall body thats what did it lol. I deadlifted for 10 years, for shows and what not, had some of the best trainers working with me.. it wasn't form or foundation. Taller u are the more stress on the lower back.. 605lbs off the floor is probably about twice that of leverage at the pivot joint / flex area lol... thats where the problem was.... just saying there no benefit to going super heavy unless your in competition.. your body will generally grow the same for normal bodybuilding and people who are just trying to be in shape with doing 12 reps of a lighter weight then 2-3 reps of a max out.. thats all. I still train pretty hard now but no where near what i used to.. I'm lucking if i go past 225 on bench when i was doing 405 plus for 2-3 reps in the past. These days id rather be shredded then big.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Welp, missed a week of deadlifts. I blame the shoveling all morning and working under my truck all last night.

But..
4x4x425
2x495
1x545
5x426

So, next week will be repeating this workout, no big deal just frustrating cause its weights that should be easy by now.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
yea definitely variables.. it was 585 lbs on a tall body thats what did it lol. I deadlifted for 10 years, for shows and what not, had some of the best trainers working with me.. it wasn't form or foundation. Taller u are the more stress on the lower back.. 605lbs off the floor is probably about twice that of leverage at the pivot joint / flex area lol... thats where the problem was.... just saying there no benefit to going super heavy unless your in competition.. your body will generally grow the same for normal bodybuilding and people who are just trying to be in shape with doing 12 reps of a lighter weight then 2-3 reps of a max out.. thats all. I still train pretty hard now but no where near what i used to.. I'm lucking if i go past 225 on bench when i was doing 405 plus for 2-3 reps in the past. These days id rather be shredded then big.

How tall are you? What style deadlift?

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
Well for me I'm barely 5'10". More like 5'9.5" and weigh in at 223 right now. I do the conventional style deadlift with your hands on the outside of the legs. I am training for a challenge of getting 1500 combined simply because nobody at this deployed location has done it since they have created the program. Somebody got 1485 though.

When I changed my form on deadlift, my max went up from 475 to 545. Just by changing to a more efficient form. I will be continueing to try and stay around this heavy even when I go to my next base this fall.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Well for me I'm barely 5'10". More like 5'9.5" and weigh in at 223 right now. I do the conventional style deadlift with your hands on the outside of the legs. I am training for a challenge of getting 1500 combined simply because nobody at this deployed location has done it since they have created the program. Somebody got 1485 though.

When I changed my form on deadlift, my max went up from 475 to 545. Just by changing to a more efficient form. I will be continueing to try and stay around this heavy even when I go to my next base this fall.

1500 is a big number:thumb:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
As usual, get stuck in the partial half rack with some shitty bar with no center knurling. ugh.

But, got my 425 triple, so thats good, should hit it for five some Saturday.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
As usual, get stuck in the partial half rack with some shitty bar with no center knurling. ugh.

But, got my 425 triple, so thats good, should hit it for five some Saturday.

Strong squatting:thumb: Nothing worse than the bar and rack you like being used by some cheese dick doing quarter squats with 95 pounds:buttkick:

Are you going to compete anytime soon?

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Strong squatting:thumb: Nothing worse than the bar and rack you like being used by some cheese dick doing quarter squats with 95 pounds:buttkick:

Are you going to compete anytime soon?

The "goal" is to compete this fall, I have been saying that for a long time, but so far I am progressing without injury. Need to work on my consistency some more but getting back in the groove.

Somewhere round a 550s, 600d, and 315b @ 220 would be my goal.