Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
So we all know I'm a preworkout addict (just kidding) (but seriously I love pre). So I ordered a new brand my buddy was telling me about. I just opened it and this is what all I got.. I've never got anything like this from my normal supplement orders..

f32e4431c8ccc21f911428c5b4365b4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that. Liked it pretty well. Scrub your head in shower after taking it and, well nevermind.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I tried that. Liked it pretty well. Scrub your head in shower after taking it and, well nevermind.

Which one did you try? This is is supposed to be the "cutting" one.. Basically has no creatine I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The cuts one. I still have a few scoops left. Lol for whatever reason that shit makes scrubbing my scalp feel so damn good.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Danty Oly guys mostly strength:D

Some sure are, but its that weird disparity between size and strength that makes them/us seem smaller. I'm 190-194, compete at 85kg because I love food, and snatch 205 c&j 275. It is just so technique intensive that smaller guys can move weight where huge guys have awful shoulder mobility and can't get range of motion complete.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Some sure are, but its that weird disparity between size and strength that makes them/us seem smaller. I'm 190-194, compete at 85kg because I love food, and snatch 205 c&j 275. It is just so technique intensive that smaller guys can move weight where huge guys have awful shoulder mobility and can't get range of motion complete.

I was just giving you a hard time:D Fishing a little...

I truly believe that you will be a even better Olympic Weightlifter with some size and muscle on you. Granted you don't need a 300+ bench press but you damn sure would benefit from Strength and Hypertrophy... Look at Klokov, Farris, Lu Xiaojun those guys are jacked:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Yep, he's putting more weight over head than 99% of the population can even squat or deadlift:thumb:

Always exceptions to every rule with weights I have found...

This Mofo is one bad sob as well... Lean and jacked! I always get fired uo to go to the gym after watching these guys.
[YOUTUBE]7AtornpgRL8[/YOUTUBE]

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I was just giving you a hard time:D Fishing a little...

I truly believe that you will be a even better Olympic Weightlifter with some size and muscle on you. Granted you don't need a 300+ bench press but you damn sure would benefit from Strength and Hypertrophy... Look at Klokov, Farris, Lu Xiaojun those guys are jacked:thumb:

In that case, I fell for it. :hug:

I'm a recovering marathon runner, so adding weight and strength has been a blast. You are correct though; it doesn't make any sense to have a back squat that is barely more than your C&J...you have nowhere to go if you can't push the ground.

Since we are all posting videos, here is Kendrick Farris:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6HrpAcaciH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I know this isn't an Oly Lifting thread but have you guys seen those damn Chinese? They are practically dominating the world of Oly Lifting crazy little bastards

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I know this isn't an Oly Lifting thread but have you guys seen those damn Chinese? They are practically dominating the world of Oly Lifting crazy little bastards

Sure it is:thumb: I meant for it to be about anything fitness related. Crossfit, Oly (weight lifting), Power, Strong man, Hot Yoga:D it's all good.

I love Olympic lifting... I wish that the rest of the country would get behind Guy's like Farris, Johnson, & Jon North more so we could get competitive with the world again. Of course to do that the rest of the world would need to come clean about PED's in Olympic lifting. I can't believe that America can dominate or at least be competitive in everything but Olympic Weight Lifting....

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
In that case, I fell for it. :hug:

I'm a recovering marathon runner, so adding weight and strength has been a blast. You are correct though; it doesn't make any sense to have a back squat that is barely more than your C&J...you have nowhere to go if you can't push the ground.

Since we are all posting videos, here is Kendrick Farris:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6HrpAcaciH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm a big fan of Farris & Jon North:thumb: Well, you have taken the first step towards recovery, admitting you have a problem:D Anytime you feel the need to run, you just post up here and we will get you talked into barbells and bulking:rofl:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Mariusz is who first got me interested in working out.

5'11 300lb, lean as hell for a strongman, and 5 times worlds strongest man. He's a beast for sure. Beating out dude who are 6'8 425lbs lol.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Mariusz is who first got me interested in working out.

5'11 300lb, lean as hell for a strongman, and 5 times worlds strongest man. He's a beast for sure. Beating out dude who are 6'8 425lbs lol.

I like Mariusz and Bill Kazmaier... Bill has home in Anchorage and I had the opportunity to meet him a few years ago:thumb: He is still very large.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I'm a big fan of Farris & Jon North:thumb: Well, you have taken the first step towards recovery, admitting you have a problem:D Anytime you feel the need to run, you just post up here and we will get you talked into barbells and bulking:rofl:

It was a dark time in my life. :spit:

I will tell you it was a good thing though; it showed me how much of a quitter I was in the gym. Distance running teaches you mental fortitude. If you can't be tough, you will run at a comfortable pace, you will be slow and everyone will know exactly how slow/weak you were when you cross the finish line.

I captured that and use it in the gym now. Never walk away when you have some left. The last rep is the only one that matters. That kind of thing. I needed that mental awakening. It was a good way to do some self-evaluation.