Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Never thought about all that. I’m a little guy and this gym doesn’t have many people in it so spotting was my biggest concern. But I guess if I don’t get crazy it’s possible. Do y’all think 5’10” at 160-165lbs is a healthy size? And doable from 140 in about a year or so?

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
So i did one of the chest/delt workouts on the pic i posted, all i can say i feel it today. Flat bench 275x10x4. Incline dumbells 110x8x4. Dumbell flies 75x8x4. Machine chest press 3 sets,machine flies 4 sets,machine shoulder press 3 sets,standing lateral raises 25x15x4. And did the curls....Im truing all this for at least 3 monthes

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Never thought about all that. I’m a little guy and this gym doesn’t have many people in it so spotting was my biggest concern. But I guess if I don’t get crazy it’s possible. Do y’all think 5’10” at 160-165lbs is a healthy size? And doable from 140 in about a year or so?

Gonna be tough to gain 25# of lean size in a year, but it's possible.

165# @ 5'10" is a healthy size, I'm right in that ballpark, 5'11" 170-175#

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Squatted 405 for a one rep max tonight. New partner got 455. That's honestly more than I thought I would get but we start his program tomorrow so we will see what happens in the next few weeks. I've been doing the same stuff forever so this is gonna be a nice change and maybe I can pump these numbers up.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Back day today. Killed last and abs. Put 50lbs over my normal pull downs. 280 instead is 230 for reps..

Cutting carbs.. **** this sucks

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Gonna be tough to gain 25# of lean size in a year, but it's possible.

165# @ 5'10" is a healthy size, I'm right in that ballpark, 5'11" 170-175#

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's a ton of lean mass per month. Unless you know how to eat and hit all your macros dead on, and are training pretty heavy, and sleeping a ton that's a tall order starting at that low a bodyweight for a year.

Back day today. Killed last and abs. Put 50lbs over my normal pull downs. 280 instead is 230 for reps..

Cutting carbs.. **** this sucks

Carbs are the struggle. You eat more fat when you go down in carb? I've been doing that for a year or so now and have better resting energy.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yeah, that's a ton of lean mass per month. Unless you know how to eat and hit all your macros dead on, and are training pretty heavy, and sleeping a ton that's a tall order starting at that low a bodyweight for a year.

Carbs are the struggle. You eat more fat when you go down in carb? I've been doing that for a year or so now and have better resting energy.

Honestly I don't know. I need to research macros more. I need to
ask the personal trainer gal at the gym. She's into all that. I've just been cutting out breakfast and lunch carbs and replacing with lean protein

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Honestly I don't know. I need to research macros more. I need to
ask the personal trainer gal at the gym. She's into all that. I've just been cutting out breakfast and lunch carbs and replacing with lean protein

I had to add fat after approaching cuts with the same mentality; I ended up with....er...pipe problems we'll say, anywhere below 11% BF, at 26 years old.

Blood testing showed pathetic levels of the good stuff, which obviously impacts way more than libido for us athletes. Upped the fats, and BF still drops like a rock while other issues are gone.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I had to add fat after approaching cuts with the same mentality; I ended up with....er...pipe problems we'll say, anywhere below 11% BF, at 26 years old.

Blood testing showed pathetic levels of the good stuff, which obviously impacts way more than libido for us athletes. Upped the fats, and BF still drops like a rock while other issues are gone.

Hmmm noted

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Good fats like avacado, almonds, coconut oil, peanut butter... Not fries and burgers you animals:D

I need to go back and ck but pretty sure Jesse had me on 100-150 grams of fat, 250 protein, and 100 and something carbs a day. I maintained 210 and was still adding muscle and strength. He mentioned dropping carbs a bit to loose fat but not the fats and protein.

I currently need to start counting more again, back up
To 215:eek: but getting bigger and stronger.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Good fats like avacado, almonds, coconut oil, peanut butter... Not fries and burgers you animals:D

I need to go back and ck but pretty sure Jesse had me on 100-150 grams of fat, 250 protein, and 100 and something carbs a day. I maintained 210 and was still adding muscle and strength. He mentioned dropping carbs a bit to loose fat but not the fats and protein.

I currently need to start counting more again, back up
To 215:eek: but getting bigger and stronger.

does jesse do nutrition and diet plans?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I had 2 double bacon fried egg burgers today for lunch with fries. And a local bar has a 3/4 pound burger I've taken down doubles a few times now lol. So I'm a burger and fry guy fo sho

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I had 2 double bacon fried egg burgers today for lunch with fries. And a local bar has a 3/4 pound burger I've taken down doubles a few times now lol. So I'm a burger and fry guy fo sho

I actually wrecked a whole pack of bacon the other night lol... I decided I have a food problem...

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Someone say food?

Nothing going on here really. Starting a new position at work and a few guys work out in there. Hopefully that gives me the motivation I need. I hate working out by myself and my wife won't go anywhere.