Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I’m still rehabbing the back, it’s close to being 100% but not quite yet...
Bench has been going good though. Shoulders getting sore from the volume.
275x5sx8r on Saturday

245x3sx12r
260x2sx8r on Monday

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Did 285x5 no spotter Monday for flat bench.

That's all I've accomplished this week. Other than squats today 225x10

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Rehurt my bad shoulder over the summer and stopped everything heavy until 2 weeks ago. I have some new very strong work out partners so it's going to be long process to be anywhere near them but I'm going to try. Flat bench yesterday 225 x 12 warm up then 315 for 5 for 4 sets. Incline 225 x 10 for 3 sets the 275 for 4 to finish.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Rehurt my bad shoulder over the summer and stopped everything heavy until 2 weeks ago. I have some new very strong work out partners so it's going to be long process to be anywhere near them but I'm going to try. Flat bench yesterday 225 x 12 warm up then 315 for 5 for 4 sets. Incline 225 x 10 for 3 sets the 275 for 4 to finish.

Did you hit your 405iirc before you hurt your shoulder Evan?

I’m hoping to try for 405 by the end of the summer.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Found me a new partner right with me on weight but more important I have a spotter. Pushed me to a 405 squat Friday for a single and 315 for 4 sets of 3 on flat bench today. Literally benched ran the rack on curls and did tries and left. Powerlifyerz workout. Bench and arms one day, squats and deadlift the next and back to chest and arms. Dude is strong.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Found me a new partner right with me on weight but more important I have a spotter. Pushed me to a 405 squat Friday for a single and 315 for 4 sets of 3 on flat bench today. Literally benched ran the rack on curls and did tries and left. Powerlifyerz workout. Bench and arms one day, squats and deadlift the next and back to chest and arms. Dude is strong.
Nice bud! It’s good to have a training partner sometimes. I train with Jesse every once in awhile but he’s so far out of my league I think I just get in his way :D

395 was my best hurt myself shortly after :( everyone I'm working out with now reps 405 so if I can stay healthy I should get there.
Nice, stay healthy. Hopefully we can both hit the 4 plate bench club sooner than later:thumb:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Nice bud! It’s good to have a training partner sometimes. I train with Jesse every once in awhile but he’s so far out of my league I think I just get in his way :D

Nice, stay healthy. Hopefully we can both hit the 4 plate bench club sooner than later:thumb:

Count me in 4 plates this year on flat

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Never cared for decline Chris. I did it for a year or so and didn’t notice much of a gain for my flat bench. Can post a video of your bench for me?

I haven’t flat benched anything over 135 in 4 months. Lol Most of the time it’s 95 for close grip. It’s an exercise I have no desire to add weight to. I’ve been doing lots of body weight stuff for chest day. Decline feels better. I was just wondering how effective it is or if I’m wasting my time.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
i unfortunately cant really do BB bench stuff anymore. my shoulder just wont do it.I did a few weeks ago to see where things were and did 335 fairly easily but have no desire to go higher and hurt anything again. I stick to DB chest exercises and my shoulder doesnt hurt at all.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I haven’t flat benched anything over 135 in 4 months. Lol Most of the time it’s 95 for close grip. It’s an exercise I have no desire to add weight to. I’ve been doing lots of body weight stuff for chest day. Decline feels better. I was just wondering how effective it is or if I’m wasting my time.

Ahh got ya. If it feels better go for it Chris:thumb:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
i unfortunately cant really do BB bench stuff anymore. my shoulder just wont do it.I did a few weeks ago to see where things were and did 335 fairly easily but have no desire to go higher and hurt anything again. I stick to DB chest exercises and my shoulder doesnt hurt at all.

I here you Dustin. For some dumb reason I think I need to compete some more lol.