Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
188 on scale last night. Busted my ass with diet since January 4th... Progress pic. I was hoping for 195 by March but that's not gonna happen. I'm not where I'd like to be right now, but it's a building process... I'll start cutting on March 1st

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 29

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
188 on scale last night. Busted my ass with diet since January 4th... Progress pic. I was hoping for 195 by March but that's not gonna happen. I'm not where I'd like to be right now, but it's a building process... I'll start cutting on March 1st

Well I'm not competing for awhile Waid... So I'm coming after ya:hug:

I'm headed to 200-205 ish, i'll post pic when I hit those numbers. *gulp* haha.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo

Lol I'm gonna shoot for like 220, well maybe just wish and not change my diet or lifting at all and see what happends:rolleyes:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL

At 205 I'd be too big lol. But I got a small frame... Idk we shall see. I'm headed up until I like what I see. Chicken and rice for lunch today, for like the 60th day in a row haha.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Same here. Been holding steady at 172 for about 2 months...don't seem to be getting my gut back so that is a plus. Just need to load up more carbs and protein so I can put on some muscle and get up to 175-180...would love to be 185-190 but I don't eat near enough and my schedule is to wacked out so I don't see that happening. All you guys are beasts though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Did back, no deads. Hip or glute has been killing me at work, got some 50 dollar insoles from Redwing today that are supposed to be good for concrete. And a hose clamp got my damn hand at work. Base of my thumb you know where every bar rests lol. Figured id try the insoles and stretching before the chiropractor see what happens.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
no sugar at all for the past 4 days and very very limited carbs and i lost 5lbs. Just started a dedicated diet yesterday. sugar does bad stuff to the body, feeling like im having withdraws :(

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
no sugar at all for the past 4 days and very very limited carbs and i lost 5lbs. Just started a dedicated diet yesterday. sugar does bad stuff to the body, feeling like im having withdraws :(

Ah sugar is actually really good for the body in the correct context... if you however drink lots of soda, energy drinks and eat sugary junk then ya. I personally use fructose via orange juice and bananas around workout time for energy as well as supporting thyroid function and hormone production

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
lets talk about how doing cardio effects the metabolism.
do yall prefer high intensity low duration or low intensity high duration?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL

The metabolic effect from HIIT is largely overrated in the grand scheme of things from what I've read in research/

low intensity is just as effective if youre seeking a caloric burn, but obviously youll have to walk longer.

It comes down to personal preference really and just getting some form of cardio done

Here is a good article summing it up

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/stead-state-versus-intervals-finally-a-conclusion.html/

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The metabolic effect from HIIT is largely overrated in the grand scheme of things from what I've read in research/

low intensity is just as effective if youre seeking a caloric burn, but obviously youll have to walk longer.

It comes down to personal preference really and just getting some form of cardio done

Here is a good article summing it up

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/stead-state-versus-intervals-finally-a-conclusion.html/

i never do anything besides steady state long duration cardio. From what i've gathered that HIIT stuff is a fad lol

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL

I do ZERO cardio. Not trying to sound like a douche, but I see the same guys doing cardio everyday at the gym for years, they look the exact same... Much easier to control what you eat. Do it one step at a time.:thumb:

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Cardio sucks for the most part, but some people have to diet down on such low calories that they need to do cardio in order to expend more energy.

Aside from health benefits, it is much easier to just not eat 300 extra calories vs burn 300 calories on the treadmill.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I personally love running. Not that stupid steady state cardio where you run 10 miles but I personally like running 1-3 miles hard. While I don't dead 500/squat 400/bench 300 the lifting I do doesn't even come close to the endorphin release I achieve by running a 6:00 minute mile. I haven't been doing much cardio lately but I am going to begin running 1-2 days a week