Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Beats me, but I went with a low ratio and came up with a daily dosage of ~90g which is prob too low but I wanted to start low and eval.

Just remember, hydration is the key sir. :cool:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Pregnant women are supposed to get like 100g/day so I assume a dude training to put on mass and strength could/should consume that much or more?

However, can't extended periods of high protein intake take a toll on your kidneys and such if you aren't monitoring through blood work much like wolfie is talking about for running "enhancers"?

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Gotta monitor your CKP levels but again, solution for that, stay hydrated. Copious amounts of clear consistent pee.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I must be crazy, I actually went for a run today. More so felt sorry for the dog being cooped up then actually wanting to run. Either way got about a mile in and most of the way the leash was dragging the ground. I guess on our first runs of the year me and the dog had the same pace lol

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Any advice on power cleans and box squats? The switching microcycle uses em and I have never done em before.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Full range of motion. I know it sounds remedial, but that is what beginners struggle with on the power cleans.

Only the first pull is ok to feel like a deadlift. Second pull you will focus on hips and shoulders moving towards their end position at the same rate. Chest up, neutral chin position. Do not haul the load up with your back and hamstrings in the second pull. If you wanted to do that, you would be doing deads.

Final pull: stand all the way up, shrug, extend at the hips reach like your hitting a target with the back of your head (all while your arms are still straight), and THEN you begin to drop below the bar.

Fast fast fast.

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Full range of motion. I know it sounds remedial, but that is what beginners struggle with on the power cleans.

Only the first pull is ok to feel like a deadlift. Second pull you will focus on hips and shoulders moving towards their end position at the same rate. Chest up, neutral chin position. Do not haul the load up with your back and hamstrings in the second pull. If you wanted to do that, you would be doing deads.

Final pull: stand all the way up, shrug, extend at the hips reach like your hitting a target with the back of your head (all while your arms are still straight), and THEN you begin to drop below the bar.

Fast fast fast.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
When I was trying hard to make gains I would eat my body weight goal in grams of protien.. Always heard that was a good amount

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
I wouldnt stress too much on the switching phase of smolov. From what I have heard and the people who have finished smolov that ive talked to, just ensure you maintain your mobility and muscle memory for that phase. Even if you have to focus on front squats, pause squats, etc

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So didn't get to compete saturday, had to work... Which was probably best. The last 2 weeks of my peaking didn't go well at all, work wrecked the crap out of my progress and the CNS got pretty fried.

Worked up to a 390 squat. Which I was ok with considering the last 3 weeks...

Bench I hit a 335 with a 2 second pause last week. Went for 345 today and came up just a smidge short, wife had to help me.

Deadlifts blew goats, pulled 405 for an easy double warming up and 455 was glued to the floor lol. Called it a day.

I have decided that my back issues are what are holding me back the most. Pretty sure it's not a disc issue as I have full mobility. I was using my spike lacrosse ball and about jumped out of my skin when I rolled it across my left spinal erectors, really dug that mofo in there. Also built my own reverse hyper out of a step and the jump box ala Louie Simmons. Plan to keep the weights on squats and deads lower and reverse hyper the shit out of my back with Satan's Lacrosse ball for torture:thumb: Once the back is 100% then I'm going after the weights with a vengeance.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ordered a foam roller, torture device/miracle maker. Love hate relationship, hurts like a bitch but I feel like jello after, love it. Should have got one way sooner

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Started my full tilt diet today :eek:
Breakfast: 5 egg whites and 1/4 cup raw oats
meal 2: 1 slice whole wheat bread with 6oz turkey breast
workout
post workout: low carb protein shake and 1/4 cup raw oats
dinner: either fish or chicken breast with brown rice (every other day) and spinach/kale.

Its simple and it works.