Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
So this deadlift workout happened today....
135x12
225x2sx8r
315x12
355x10
375x8
405x8
430x5
430x6 on a fat bar....
I will have to look back but I think that is the most times I have ever pulled 405 and 430 before in one workout:thumb:

And Lemons are a natural Diuretic:thumb:

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Helz yea, right on Albert!!!
It's always nice to push thru previous marks and feel some pay off :D
now that I've said something nice, I can say you make me sick...
you're pulling deadlift reps at almost double the weight I do

So Hercules, when is your next meet?
:hug:

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I really like creatine before my session and i mix it in with my protein afterwards as well. I'm 5'6 at 175 right now

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Helz yea, right on Albert!!!
It's always nice to push thru previous marks and feel some pay off :D
now that I've said something nice, I can say you make me sick...
you're pulling deadlift reps at almost double the weight I do

So Hercules, when is your next meet?
:hug:

Thanks Jason, I have put a lot of hard work into this training cycle. It is nice to see some positive results:thumb:

Feb. 20th is the big day barring an injury. I'm excited to compete.

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I take 1 scoop blue razz c4 preworkout, 1 scoop fruit punch creatine, 1 scoop pomegranate bcaa add 8oz of water and mix like crazy. Tastes pretty good actually...turns into a super deep purple color and looks horrid. I lift then right after I take 1 scoop of dymatize iso 100 protein powder and 8oz of milk. Shower then come eat 2 eggs, slice of toast, cup of coffee and my multivitamin and fish oil. Also take 3 scoops of bcaa and water with me to sip on throughout the day along with my gallon of water. I rarely am sore anymore

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I take 1 scoop blue razz c4 preworkout, 1 scoop fruit punch creatine, 1 scoop pomegranate bcaa add 8oz of water and mix like crazy. Tastes pretty good actually...turns into a super deep purple color and looks horrid. I lift then right after I take 1 scoop of dymatize iso 100 protein powder and 8oz of milk. Shower then come eat 2 eggs, slice of toast, cup of coffee and my multivitamin and fish oil. Also take 3 scoops of bcaa and water with me to sip on throughout the day along with my gallon of water. I rarely am sore anymore

I've never been a fan of preworkout myself. And bcaas are in my protein. I grub on protein bars often and really just chow down as much as possible. Seems like my stuff tastes alright. Like you said looks nasty as hell haha. As far as creatine goes I go 100% creatine monohydrate unflavored and just use my protein as "flavoring" I also take a lot of vitamins and fish oil

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I work out at home, and yeah, I've had to leave the room
:spit:
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!
I'm a small guy! tryin to pack so much into my gut is a total task for me, and honestly it's I'm not comfortable for most of the friggin day!

Dude, breakfast is a few pancakes and a few eggs, yogurt daily vitimin pack, glass of milk...lunch is a sandwich (or two) and usually a bunch of fruit

If I'm gonna workout, about 2-3hrs after lunch I pound down a 20oz protein shake that has 800cal, 150g carbs etc...followed by a post shake or another sandwich, then dinner, and on workout days, a nighttime recovery shake with a bunch of tryptophan :D

I feel like a stuffed pig most the day
and yeah, half the time I'm blowing gas out both ends :eek:

but I'll tell ya what
the difference in my workout performance is night and day and how I feel afterward is much better as well, and the normal next day recovery soreness isn't nearly as profound when I follow the little system I got goin on to a T...

I can't seem to keep it goin week after week tho and if I take a week off I notice my gains retreat pretty quickly...not sure if that's because of the new muscle principle (it doesn't stick if it's not worked) or if it's false gains from packing myself full of calories, but, it is what it is

How much water do you drink a day?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
How much water do you drink a day?

Straight water?
Never less than 48oz, on average I'd say I drink 90oz or more of straight water
I drink quite a bit of juice too, cold pressed greens and cold pressed fruit

I have a serving of amino's daily that gets mixed with 14oz of water
And my shake gets mixed with 16oz of water

Days I don't drink the shake I drink more water...probably get more like 130oz of water in on non shake days

And I am retaining/using quite a bit...I pee about 1/3 what I drink
Don't ask... :eek:

But, I stay awake longer than most people do too
And I know that isn't helping, it also forces me to consume more calories than the average guy in a "day"

I try to work out on days when I know I'm going to sleep that night ;)

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Straight water?
Never less than 48oz, on average I'd say I drink 90oz or more of straight water
I drink quite a bit of juice too, cold pressed greens and cold pressed fruit

I have a serving of amino's daily that gets mixed with 14oz of water
And my shake gets mixed with 16oz of water

Days I don't drink the shake I drink more water...probably get more like 130oz of water in on non shake days

And I am retaining/using quite a bit...I pee about 1/3 what I drink
Don't ask... :eek:

But, I stay awake longer than most people do too
And I know that isn't helping, it also forces me to consume more calories than the average guy in a "day"

I try to work out on days when I know I'm going to sleep that night ;)

Im curious how much water everyone else drinks. I try my hardest to drink at least a gallon a day of straight water. I was told if you're not drinking enough your body doesn't absorb all of your food. I can't really remember what my cousin tells me, I usually just copy him :eek:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I drank about 2/3 of a Gallon if I have a gallon jug, wife got me a small Bubba cup that don't hold shit and I have to fill it up so much I'm way down on water intake. Need to go back the the gallon jugs

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I use a 36oz hydro flask. Drink at least 4-5 of those daily usually with BCAA's. Your body is made of mostly water so you have to replenish it constantly... You need it for everything, it even makes you poop easier:thumb:

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Ahh yes...pooping was much easier today...could be all the water...could been the awesome food I had last night. Either way lol. But seriously I drink 1/2-3/4 gallon a day during winter and easily 1.5-2.5 gallons during summer pending where I'm at for work and what we are doing

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Leg day yesterday

Deads
135x10
145x8
155x4

Leg press
135x10
185x10
205x8

Lunges
40x10
50x8
60x4

Hammy curls
50x10
60x7
70x4

I was spent after that. Ass & lower back are quite sore today!

I try to drink a gallon per day. I dont drink soda so its pretty easy to do. I do the lemon water thing as soon as I wake up. I never eat before the gym, but I'll slam a big breakfast before I head to work.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
This RP Diet seems to help pretty good for building muscle. The goal is to never train without energy going into your body. If you train "fasted" you will consume 50g carbs and 25g protein in an intraworkout shake. I go with 16 ounces of orange juice with 25g protein from whey. Keeps you noticeably better fueled throughout a workout

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Another thing is their before bed shake. 25g of protein from casein and 30g of fat. I go with 2/3 cup of coconut milk, 1 1/4 cup water, protein and blend... Slam it and go to sleep

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
That's really good Nick, the Casein breaks down slower and works really well for the sleep cycle

Kinda seems to me like a good "guideline" to follow for muscle gain is something close to:
1oz H2O per lb of body weight
Minimum of 1g protein per lb of body weight
1 1/2- 3x carbs of total bady weight (depends on starting point, goals)
20x calorie intake of total body weight
30-100% total body weight in grams of fat (depends on starting point/metabolism)
Take a mens performance daily vitimin pack

Try to eat foods high in fiber that also promote free testosterone production and limit foods that promote estrogen production or have been heavily treated with growth hormones (typically precursors to estrogen development), so only free range meats and dairy from free range grass fed cows, eat as much non GMO foods as possible

test is the best for stacking and keeping lean muscle, so you gotta do what you can to keep your body producing it...

Don't be afraid of vitimins/supplements/pills
Lol

Between my daily vitamin pack, test booster and pre workout vascularity complex, I'll take up to 20 pills throughout any given day :eek:

Now I wanna count em
6 for pre
8 in the vita pack
5 for test boost
19 :eek:

It seems.excessive, but whatever
My pee does glow in the dark tho...:hmm:

Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
ABSOLUTELY F*CKING SMASHED my paused competition bench and 3" deficit Deadlifts!
Top set of bench comp paused
260x2sx7r
260x6

Deadlift with a 3" deficit
top set
375x3sx6r Feeling like a deadlift machine. My confidence is coming back each day with my back health and my DD support crew and Coach J. Norris:thumb:

Then went and had one of the best massages of my life. No performance athlete on the planet should be going with out some Chiropractic and Massage therapy.