Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
never posted here but i got my ass into the gym almost two years ago after what i felt was a heart attack , Dr said it was probably a panic attack and ran tests to find out my cholesterol was a bit high ( runs in my family and was part of the cause of my fathers death of a heart attack at 41 years old , he ate horrible and was obese. 6'3" 350 lbs)

I got my moms size as i was about 205 lbs and 6 foot even. After that scare i made a choice to get my body in line. I stopped partying almost completely and gave up red meat mostly (once or twice a month ) and live on strictly white meat chicken and fish (mostly sushi but will grill some as well) . I started hitting the gym with my brother in law and doing cardio for a year. Now im in the gym 3 days a week for a hour a couple hours. I'm doing 3 sets for 10 reps on most excersizes except shoulders i do 15+

Monday chest or push day( bench excersizes alternating weekly from db to flat bar , flat/incline flys and a high rep of one of them at the end ) followed by shoulder press . My numbers are no where near you guys but for my size im happy 105 db flat bench 3 sets of 10 , flat bar 235 . incline 100 db's.

wednesday - Legs , bi's , tri's and shoulders, Curls preacher/incline db's, squat everyweek either 2 sets of 20 235 ish , 3 inchs below parallel , or 3 sets 10 at 275 give or take , followed by push down cable triceps , skull crushers or weighted dips. then shoulder front raise and lateral raises.

friday- back day , seated rows, lateral pull down, back flys, and shoulder uprights. usually all on cables

I alternate motions and narrow and wide grip every week and try to start with more compound motions before isolations.

I do 4 days a week of abs/core after the gym . 30 minutes or so of a workout program my wife showed me after i saw it and laughed(alexa jean sore to the core) which is some pilates, planks, crunch's , and very hard abs (3 sets of 5 excersizes 45 seconds with 20 seconds rest between and 1 minute rest between sets)

I also start every day with a protein shake/smoothie (berries, bananas, oranges and peachs) many combos with optimim nutrition whey protein (vanilla/chocolate,coffee and cookies and cream) i take cissus, fish oil , milk thistle and anabeta right now. Taking a break from creatine at the momment .

This was me for this past labor day in vegas , A few of my friends were being bitches so my wife let me round up some girls to party with

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Sorry to hear about the early loss of your father...I'm sure he's proud of you for seeing the err in his ways and that you have learned and appied that knowledge and are living a healthier life.

F-Yeah man!
Good on you for taking your health serious! How old are you?

Thanks for posting the killer regimen, looks like its working/worked out pretty well for ya...:thumb:

Love the motivation man, thanks!
Keep up the hard work!

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I want to take a second and thank Albert for starting this thread, and for everyone who posts in it...you guys don't know how long I lurked in this thread and read about all y'all making gains, being motivated, posting your sets and being excited about your health...

YOU ALL INSPIRED AND MOTIVATED ME TO MAKE A CHANGE IN MY LIFE
YOU ALL DONT KNOW HOW MUCH STUFF LIKE THIS HELPS OTHERS, OR WHO IT WILL HELP AND SPEAK TO

Or how much someone might need it

THANK YOU
BROTHERS!

Be good! Stay strong!
It's all good Jason... Im glad it has helped inspire a few:thumb:

never posted here but i got my ass into the gym almost two years ago after what i felt was a heart attack , Dr said it was probably a panic attack and ran tests to find out my cholesterol was a bit high ( runs in my family and was part of the cause of my fathers death of a heart attack at 41 years old , he ate horrible and was obese. 6'3" 350 lbs)

I got my moms size as i was about 205 lbs and 6 foot even. After that scare i made a choice to get my body in line. I stopped partying almost completely and gave up red meat mostly (once or twice a month ) and live on strictly white meat chicken and fish (mostly sushi but will grill some as well) . I started hitting the gym with my brother in law and doing cardio for a year. Now im in the gym 3 days a week for a hour a couple hours. I'm doing 3 sets for 10 reps on most excersizes except shoulders i do 15+

Monday chest or push day( bench excersizes alternating weekly from db to flat bar , flat/incline flys and a high rep of one of them at the end ) followed by shoulder press . My numbers are no where near you guys but for my size im happy 105 db flat bench 3 sets of 10 , flat bar 235 . incline 100 db's.

wednesday - Legs , bi's , tri's and shoulders, Curls preacher/incline db's, squat everyweek either 2 sets of 20 235 ish , 3 inchs below parallel , or 3 sets 10 at 275 give or take , followed by push down cable triceps , skull crushers or weighted dips. then shoulder front raise and lateral raises.

friday- back day , seated rows, lateral pull down, back flys, and shoulder uprights. usually all on cables

I alternate motions and narrow and wide grip every week and try to start with more compound motions before isolations.

I do 4 days a week of abs/core after the gym . 30 minutes or so of a workout program my wife showed me after i saw it and laughed(alexa jean sore to the core) which is some pilates, planks, crunch's , and very hard abs (3 sets of 5 excersizes 45 seconds with 20 seconds rest between and 1 minute rest between sets)

I also start every day with a protein shake/smoothie (berries, bananas, oranges and peachs) many combos with optimim nutrition whey protein (vanilla/chocolate,coffee and cookies and cream) i take cissus, fish oil , milk thistle and anabeta right now. Taking a break from creatine at the momment .

This was me for this past labor day in vegas , A few of my friends were being bitches so my wife let me round up some girls to party with

Umm, was there any dudes in those pics???? All I saw was Blond, Blond, Blond, Brunette:rofl: Looks like a good time and a pretty understanding wife:D

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
I put those up so I didn't seem to cocky, the wife is the last one with the building behind us.
7e4092ca63c8caa83ffabcc3b213e337.jpg

I did get one guy, he was gay but way cool . He actually wanted a pic with me . He noticed my ring , and came up to me and said "OMG that's a David yurman ring ,who's the lucky other half?" I laughed and said your the first to ever notice that ,my wife's ring gets all the attention. That was the best Vegas vacation I have had to date. Went with about 6 good friends stayed in a 2700 Sq ft suite at bellagio and burned over 30k in a few days with clubs and pool parties. Pretty sure I'm too old for that shit now. Met alot of girls that I could have taken home but I stayed strong somehow.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Bench and Deadlifts
Barx10
135x10
185x7
225x10
275x5 paused
315x3 paused
315x3x2 quick pause
275x7
225x8 close grip
135x20 close grip Tri's on fire

Dead lifts Conv.
barx10
135x10
225x10
315x8
405x4
405x2x3 Back is tightening up fast so decided 405 was good enough...
315x9

Death sprints on the treadmill (leave the treadmill off and sprint till you can't go no more, then turn around and go backwards:mad:)
3 rounds my lifting bro had to go home so I cut these short.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Hope everyone had a great Turkey day, I surprisingly stayed pretty good and only over did the turkey aspect. :D

Meant to work out yesterday but ended up being busy all day

Squats
5x225
5x255
5x315
3x365
3x425
4x365

Row
5x135
5x165
5x195
5x225
3x255

Bench
5x135
5x175
5x205
5x245
3x285

Decline abs, 5 sets of 15

Form on squats was horrid today, it was a **** everything I just wanna get these reps done today. Ah well, got the weight/rep I wanted at least.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Squats and bench this morning.

Didn't feel very good this morning 7 12's takes a toll on me.

BarX10
135x2x10
225x2x5 yuck lol
245x4x10 no friggin way I was getting 2x20 this morning. Just kept it light and controlled

Close grip bench
barX10
135x10
185x10
225x2x10
225x2x7
225x6 tri's smoked

Leg press
500x4x10

single leg extension
65x4x10 each leg non stop quads on fire

Cable flys low position
95x12
100x4x10

Hypers
BWx3x20
Dips
BWx3x20

Death Sprints on treadmill
5 rounds ready to yack

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Did flat bench and deadlift combos.. Ended up with 3 sets of 5 on bench at 245 and 365 on deads for 3 sets of 3. 365 felt good. Going to try deads and squats 2x a week and see what happens.. I really need to start eating better and supplementing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Screw you guys, man....
I bench like a 14y/o girl with belimia :eek:
:D
:hug:

I blew it last week, and so far this week...I've missed two of my "scheduled" workouts in the last week...T-day and a busy weekend totally screwed me over. BUT, I have gained 4lbs in the last 10 days...so, that's good! For me ;) now if I could only gain another 15lbs...
Lol

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ordered the RP Diet Templates over the weekend... Pretty interesting stuff. Mass and Cut templates. Each contains 4 levels of macro increments and also broken into off days, light days, moderate days, and heavy days. All timed meals broken down to everything.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Ordered the RP Diet Templates over the weekend... Pretty interesting stuff. Mass and Cut templates. Each contains 4 levels of macro increments and also broken into off days, light days, moderate days, and heavy days. All timed meals broken down to everything.

Those guys have solid information, nothing new, but really solid.

Keep us updated on how you enjoy it

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012

Nice man!
That meal system looks totally legit:thumb:
Geared to gain or lose, hallelujah! Most meal systems are a lose weight only kinda deal...

I've been looking for something like this...I need extreme regiment to hit my goals, ALWAYS have...I've got NO PROBLEM paying for this system, the ideas, planning, structure and knowledge in this system is with the money they're asking, and it works off of excel spreadsheet... Dude, no brainer for me, here!

Thank you very much for sharing:hug:
And good luck ;)

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Nice man!
That meal system looks totally legit:thumb:
Geared to gain or lose, hallelujah! Most meal systems are a lose weight only kinda deal...

I've been looking for something like this...I need extreme regiment to hit my goals, ALWAYS have...I've got NO PROBLEM paying for this system, the ideas, planning, structure and knowledge in this system is with the money they're asking, and it works off of excel spreadsheet... Dude, no brainer for me, here!

Thank you very much for sharing:hug:
And good luck ;)

What are your goals?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The RP Diet really stresses the importance of the intra-workout shake. 25g whey mixed with 75g of carbs preferably Gatorade. I'm gonna try whey and fruit juice for my intra-workout shake.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Not a fan of GNC. Very low quality filled with artificial ingredients, soy fillers and not to mention they are expensive. Optimum Nutrition is much better IMO. They offer protein and weight gainers with no artificial additives or fake sugar (sucralose). I used the Serious Mass a few years ago and had great results. Now that I avoid dairy as much as possible, the plant based Plant Fusion brand is pretty damn good. 21g of protein and a nice BCAA package.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just killed my legs..

Squats-
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x3
295x2
225x8
135x10 as deep as I could go

Leg press for 3 sets of 15

Then 5 min on the stair machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Bought another tub of C4 and the GNC guy tossed in a new tub of 1MR :thumb: Anyone wanna buy some 1mr ?

Squats
5x225
5x275
5x315
3x365
5x425
4x365

Row
5x135
5x165
5x195
5x225
5x255

Decline abs, 5 sets of 20

Skipped bench cause I was out of steam and the benches were jammed, go figure. :(

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Yesterday picked up 3 different 2lb Cellucor flavors and a 2lb Dymatize and 30servings of C4 for 93 bucks shipped from bb.com

So all in all 8lbs of whey and C4, pretty decent price