Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Twisted my knee saturday. Dumbell sumo deadlifts 60#x10x10. Straight leg dumbells 60x10x10. Bodyweight squats 4x20.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Squats to night

I have been feeling like poo today, tons of snout and just crappy feeling in general.

Stretching, foam rolling

BarX10
135x10
185x5
235x2x20 holy sheet that broke me off. Up ten pounds from last week.

Bench
barx10
135x5 yuck those felt horrid and I want to yack.
Close grip
135x2x20

Leg press stuff for filler, I'm not even listing the weights because that machine blows goats...

Left happy to get the squats, hopefully the head cold will give up sometime soon.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
It was a rest day for me today, I needed some new stuff so I went to GNC and picked up a new nutrient/gainer and protein complex...and I took the system into my body, to load it today...

Wholly crap!
Made me feel HIGH AS HECK for the first 2 hours, like High, high...literally, mentally I felt like I took street drugs, physically I felt like I was healing, internally. I know that sounds weird, but It feels like my body is just absorbing every little vitiman, mineral and calorie this stuff has in it...which is great, but after the high faded, so did I, this stuff put me to sleep!

Which is crazy for me...
I wonder if these systems can actually level your body chemistry out? I know mine is jacked up right now. The previous product I was using wasn't a supplement/gainer/nutrient system, just a bunch of haphazard products I bunched together for my "stack" and a cheap weight gainer I picked up.at the grocery store.

It "worked" alright, I did make gains and I do believe the supplements were working like they were supposed to...it wasn't a bad starter stack.

I always worry about putting too many supplements into my body, but this system doesn't seem to be bothering my gut, or the way I feel like some other things I've tried, like feeling physically ill and feeling like my gut is gonna explode... I'm hoping this "high" experience was just an initial load phase, thing, cuz I'm not sure I'd want to work out feeling like that, lol

I actually feel really good, now, like really GOOD! I'm excited to see how tomorrow's intake and workout goes :eek:

Last edited:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
It was a rest day for me today, I needed some new stuff so I went to GNC and picked up a new nutrient/gainer and protein complex...and I took the system into my body, to load it today...

Wholly crap!
Made me feel HIGH AS HECK for the first 2 hours, like High, high...literally, mentally I felt like I took street drugs, physically I felt like I was healing, internally. I know that sounds weird, but It feels like my body is just absorbing every little vitiman, mineral and calorie this stuff has in it...which is great, but after the high faded, so did I, this stuff put me to sleep!

Which is crazy for me...
I wonder if these systems can actually level your body chemistry out? I know mine is jacked up right now. The previous product I was using wasn't a supplement/gainer/nutrient system, just a bunch of haphazard products I bunched together for my "stack" and a cheap weight gainer I picked up.at the grocery store.

It "worked" alright, I did make gains and I do believe the supplements were working like they were supposed to...it wasn't a bad starter stack.

I always worry about putting too many supplements into my body, but this system doesn't seem to be bothering my gut, or the way I feel like some other things I've tried, like feeling physically ill and feeling like my gut is gonna explode... I'm hoping this "high" experience was just an initial load phase, thing, cuz I'm not sure I'd want to work out feeling like that, lol

I actually feel really good, now, like really GOOD! I'm excited to see how tomorrow's intake and workout goes :eek:

Jason are you sure you didn't take a big scoop of pre and not post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
One of those days today, stuck in a "training class" at work all afternoon and stomach felt like garbage, get home, and heat is dead. Lovely. After bitching to HVAC company (its brand new) I get told a tech will be there but no idea when, so F it, lets deadlift.

Deads
4x4x445
2x505
2x565

Then got home and after cleaning up after the one dog, the tech fixed my heat. Stupid sump pump :eek:

Ah well, 565 double felt awesome after that last rep. :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Jason are you sure you didn't take a big scoop of pre and not post?

Positive!
I just took the vitamin pack (with food) and then drank the gainer shake, the pre workout part of the system is pills, not a powder you mix to drink

Lol this^

Idk what kind of post workout would have stimulants or nootropics in it
I don't know either... This stuff is supposed to be just for gaining mass, but it has a ton of creatine, protein, whey, aminios and nitric oxide boosting ingredients...

The system is from GNC, its their "Beyond Raw" product line
Re-Built Mass- gainer
Re-Loaded- vita pack
Rampant- pre workout
And then I've got the Re-Grow- post

Yesterday I only took the vita pack and gainer...

I feel great today! I took the vita pack and gainer again and it did give me a slightly euphoric feeling again, but not as drastic...Yesterday I was low on cal intake, maybe it had something to do with that, I dunno...I just took the pre workout (rampant) pills and will be working out on about an hour...

I will report back with my thoughts
One of those days today, stuck in a "training class" at work all afternoon and stomach felt like garbage, get home, and heat is dead. Lovely. After bitching to HVAC company (its brand new) I get told a tech will be there but no idea when, so F it, lets deadlift.

Deads
4x4x445
2x505
2x565

Then got home and after cleaning up after the one dog, the tech fixed my heat. Stupid sump pump :eek:

Ah well, 565 double felt awesome after that last rep. :thumb:

I won't ask what "cleaning up after the one dog" entailed :eek:
;)

Sounds like a "day" f'er sure

But 565x2 tho
:thumb:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
14 year old lab, he has little control of his bowels, and sometimes he likes to make a mess then fall in it...

Damn Senior citizens :D

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Trained legs some today until I was pissed then left. Did front and back squats after warming up on the leg press.

After I couldn't do more than 4 front squats and 8 back squats at 115 I picked up my shit and left.

Don't know what my deal was. I wanted to do deads but was so mad I jut called in worded of chicken wings and went back to work.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Aw man...that's life, for all of us...getting old sucks:mad:
Poor fella...give him a pat on the head for me, gotta love a good ol dog

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Trained legs some today until I was pissed then left. Did front and back squats after warming up on the leg press.

After I couldn't do more than 4 front squats and 8 back squats at 115 I picked up my shit and left.

Don't know what my deal was. I wanted to do deads but was so mad I jut called in worded of chicken wings and went back to work.

U needs nutrients!
I hate that sh!t! I get hella pissed when I don't live up to my own expectations

I've had days where I feel strong, then I grab a weight and I can't get thru a single full set. I quickly realized that I was not getting everything I needed from food alone...rest and stack your carbs for workout days... Gotta have fuel in your system to feed those muscles!

And your legs and back house the largest muscle groups and therfore most hungry muscles in your body!

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
U needs nutrients!

I hate that sh!t!

I've had days where I feel strong, then I grab a weight and I can't get thru a single full set. I quickly realized that I was not getting everything I needed from food alone...rest and stack your carbs on workout days... Gotta have fuel in your system to feed those muscles!

So your telling me that only eating a bowl of cereal and a small bag of chips 7 hours before a workout isn't good? just kidding. I know I need to eat better to train better, just have a lot on my plate right now with home and work.

I actually had my first protein shake last night in a month .. I need a vacation.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
So your telling me that only eating a bowl of cereal and a small bag of chips 7 hours before a workout isn't good? just kidding. I know I need to eat better to train better, just have a lot on my plate right now with home and work.

I actually had my first protein shake last night in a month .. I need a vacation.

Next time eat two bowls of cereal :)

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Got my nutrients lined up for the night. Along with a few cold ones

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Haha good thing beer has some nutrients

Nothing like a post workout brew

Guess I forgot the pic in that post..

b22e69af9f5ada642dc514978d140992.jpg

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Looks good!

I just had four eggs, a yogurt and some toast. Gotta defrost more venison.