Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Lol that's a lot of water in 45 minutes...

I drink 4-5 32oz hydro flasks through out a day, 1 ish gallons a day.

That is what I have been doing, have a old powerade 32oz I try to drink four refills of per day at work.

Squats
Warmed up to 2x3x415
Oops :angel:

Bench
warmed up to a 3x275 paused

No rows today, but did 4 sets of 15 on decline ab bench.

Good workout tonight. :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
You friggin skinny hard gainers... I'm gonna have to throw the banana hammock on and post some selfies:D

8,000! How in the hell would you do that? At my height and weight I need a little over 2k cal a day. WTF are you eating to get 3k in a sitting?

It's really not as difficult as your think...but trying to accumulate healthy carbs/fat/protein, in that volume is a different story...I usually consume anywhere from 1200-2000 at a given sitting and if its a workout day I will also consume a couple high cal shakes, at about 1200 or so calories of redily absorbed nutrient, protein and bla bla bla...2x

It isn't easy man!!! That's why I consider myself a "hard gainer" and after reading the links that were provided earlier in the thread, II found that I fit the stereotype to a T...before yesterday/today I didn't even know what a "hard gainer" was
:rolleyes:

If my metabolism is OFF I can get away with a 2500cal diet...but if Im active at all, its hollow legs time...I'm hungry every 2hrs and usually fighting it cuz I don't have the time...then I eat 3 plates of food at dinner...lol

Check this out...

Last night I made steak and sweet potatoes...the steak was 18oz, raw...
You've seen a sweet potato, they're usually decent sized, I cooked 3 of them...

I also threw some mixed greens on my plate

When I was DONE...I had eaten the entire steak, 2 sweet potatoes and the salad, had a glass of milk and a couple cookies...oh, and some artisan bread with coconut oil as a butter replacement...

I did eat a good breakfast and lunch and had a snack or two throughout the day as well, I probably took in 6000 calories yesterday, no shakes...and I woke up STARVING!!!

This morning I made 6 eggs, scrambled with shredded cheddat cheese and sliced avocado, I ate about 4 of them, my daughter ate the other two ;) I had 2 pieces of sprouted grain toast, orange juice and then I walked away willing on a shake...that's 2200-2600cals...

I have to eat like that everyday to gain weight in the form of muscle and healthy fat, if I'm working outas well as entertaining my normal.schedule

Edit
Oh, and about the metabolism thing, my metabolism burns energy so fast and hard, that I've returned to sweating thru my sheets at night...something I haven't done In many years, since I was framing houses...can't sleep with the bedding over me...

Last edited:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
1 egg is 78 calories.
Each piece if bread is 80.
234 calories in one cup of avocado.
455 in a cup of cheese.
39 in a cup of juice.

I came up with 1200.

I eat a decent amount, but Im not that concerned with gaining weight. Overall health and strentgh is my focus. It is insane how much people like us woild have to consume to actually put weight on. Im thankful for my metabolic rate!

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I'd love to figure out how to track how many calories I burn at work. I mean I wear a fitbit but it only picks up so much. I drag cable slings and throw shackles around and run chain and binders. I'm sure it don't pick the calories burned in that. I'm sure I need to consume around 3k cal a day and then lift like a boss for more than an hr and do at least 2.5 hrs of cardio a week

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
1 egg is 78 calories.
Each piece if bread is 80.
234 calories in one cup of avocado.
455 in a cup of cheese.
39 in a cup of juice.

I came up with 1200.

I eat a decent amount, but Im not that concerned with gaining weight. Overall health and strentgh is my focus. It is insane how much people like us woild have to consume to actually put weight on. Im thankful for my metabolic rate!

Sorry, that was supposed to say "and I walk away sipping on a shake" typically of about 1200cals (sorry again, I established that a few posts ago and expected everyone to notice, lol)

So, yes? We can agree that, that energy intake session was roughly 2400cals :thumb:
I will, and have been putting on, healthy weight in both fat and lean muscle mass at this intake rate...and I will slow down and manipulate my fat/protein/carb intake as my goals and gains are achieved...

I guess I should also mention that I've been going thru the emotional stress, trials and struggles of an affair and now divorce for the last year, and it took its toll on me. I was skinnier (in a much unhealthier way) just a few short weeks ago...I had lost nearly 25lbs before I realized I was basically dying...one day I looked in the mirror and said enough and took back my pride.

At first I took it pretty personally, of course I did. Then I realized, shes been detached since our daughters diagnosis. It's not about who "I'm not" its about what she isn't capable of accepting.

I'm proud of who I am, my X hasn't seen our handicapped child in over 3/months...

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Sorry, that was supposed to say "and I walk away sipping on a shake" typically of about 1200cals (sorry again, I established that a few posts ago and expected everyone to notice, lol)

So, yes? We can agree that, that energy intake session was roughly 2400cals :thumb:
I will, and have been putting on, healthy weight in both fat and lean muscle mass at this intake rate...and I will slow down and manipulate my fat/protein/carb intake as my goals and gains are achieved...

I guess I should also mention that I've been going thru the emotional stress, trials and struggles of an affair and now divorce for the last year, and it took its toll on me. I was skinnier (in a much unhealthier way) just a few short weeks ago...I had lost nearly 25lbs before I realized I was basically dying...one day I looked in the mirror and said enough and took back my pride.

At first I took it pretty personally, of course I did. Then I realized, shes been detached since our daughters diagnosis. It's not about who "I'm not" its about what she isn't capable of accepting.

I'm proud of who I am, my X hasn't seen our handicapped child in over 3/months...

Bummer man... I thought something like that might have been going on but didn't want to pry. Good for you on being a superhero father:hug: I truly mean that. As for your ex hopefully she comes around and becomes a mother again... If not there is a special place in hell for people who abandoned children in need:mad:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Bummer man... I thought something like that might have been going on but didn't want to pry. Good for you on being a superhero father:hug: I truly mean that. As for your ex hopefully she comes around and becomes a mother again... If not there is a special place in hell for people who abandoned children in need:mad:

Thank you sir:eek:
Thats the kicker, the X still provides for our needs...so she ain't all bad, and I can't say she "abandoned" her daughter and get the slam dunk I deserve at this point, she covered her bases before this adventure, f'er sure. Unfortunately, she hasnt made her self available to be much more than a "paycheck" for about 7 years now, but that's enough for her to be a "mother" and spouse in the eyes of the state.

Anyways, what ahe does still isnt enough...I'ml dipping into my savings every week to do anything more for me and my girl, than basic "needs" and the game gets old, ya know!
MY "JOB" IS CARING FOR MY DAUGHTER 24/7...I can't earn an income, my savings is all Ive got and she knows it

I hope she does come around some day and fulfill her emotional obligation to jer daughter as a mother, but I'm not holding my breath for it anymore...that ship set sail, it sailed and then the winds died and left it adrift

It is what it is and you cant change a persons heart. I wish her the best, I hope she finds what she needs, she was/is a pretty neat gal, and regardless of how she or I feels.about the other, we all deserve to be appreciated, desired, respected and loved..everyone deserves to find their "happy"

Enough of that, sorry for the derail guys...get this awesome thread back on track...
Please
:hug:

:angel:

Last edited:

Dmaxmaniac

2008 LMM lucifer
Sep 2, 2015
MichiGan
Lost 25lbs in a week and a half by just stopping eating fast food and soda. Have done this method before and works, add a little protein and a good regiment.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
:hug: At least that's finally over with, Jason.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh man, brother, if that were true I'd be skipping along down the sidewalk clicking my heels together mid bounce...lol

but thanks tho:hug:

honestly Arek, its more like, it finally has begun, we have been in the staging lanes for the race...I'm still trying to convince her that I'm not lying to myself, and I don't want her back.. Yes, they are twisted conversations...

And for the record...I WASNT A PERFECT MAN! And there isn't a fiber in my being that believes that everything is her fault...in fact, if I was a better man, maybe none of this would've happened...but this was her 3rd marriage...when it was my first real relationship...

Bottom line, we were dealt a tough hand, we played in the best we could...

Oh, and for anyone that's heard of the old cleche "fake it till ya make it"
Ummm, yeah...Don't

That's a plan for misery and eventual failure...I can't see happiness down that path, I tried

Be genuine in all you do and the words you say, don't settle and be true to yourself
Or one day your lie might come crumbling down on top of you too...I wish I would've walked away many, many years ago

Hindsight...it's water under the bridge now

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Still taking it somewhat easy and letting my SI heal up a little more.

Deadlifts
135x8
225x8
315x6
405x1
455x1 felt fine but decided not to push my luck;)
405x3 extremely slow controlled reps
315x10
225x12 straight leg

Supersets
leg press
90x20 no idea what the sled weighs? But it angles as it moves so it limits how much you can stack on it...
290x4x10
Hypers
BWx20
25x4x10

HITT
sprint on the treadmill with it turned off as long as you can, then turn around and go backwards... That sucked:rofl:
5 rounds

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
You're an animal, Albert:D

I started with stretches and 5 minutes of jumprope this morning then moved to weight and had a decent session...

With 40lb dumbell:
Standing military press
12x4
Standing Curls
15x4
Tricept extension (one dumbell both hands)
20x2
Tricept extension (25lb DB each hand)
15x2
Lunges
15 per side x 3
Wide pushups
30x2
Close pushups
30x2

And a bunch of shoulder stuff ;)
I need to get into a gym, as I feel pretty limited by what I've got at home, but I'm ALWAYS amazed at the results that can be had at home...:thumb:

Oh yeah, did some plank exercises too :woott:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Thanks Jason! It's been about five years of busting my ass to get to this... Seems like I should be further along but such is life, I'll keep grinding:D

Decided to bench this morning. 3rd day off in 21 and I'm feeling Brody. Head cold is starting to go away, SI is still bugging me some but we'll deal with it.
8 minutes walking on tread mill. Shit ton of foam rolling.
Shoulder warmups, plate swings and rotator warmups.
barX10
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x3
315x5x2:D had triples with this but no spotter so I played it safe and ran doubles.
275x4
225x10 close grip
225x8 close grip

Acc. Super sets
cable flys
110x2x15
110x2x12
Lat pull down
150x15
150x12
150x2x10
Seated cable rows
150x2x12
150x2x10

Did some weighted airplanes waiting for the wife.
4x12 with a 10 pound dumbell

Not to shabby for a sore lower back and a head cold:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Been following this guy for awhile now.... Unreal strength.
He had a terrible meet at USAPL Raw Nationals and still beat Layne Norton by 100 and something pounds, Layne Pr'd his total in that meet and still got destroyed.

I was super impressed with his composer and sportsmanship at raw nats... I think he was robbed on his squat depth, he still went and shook the judges hands.

Arguably one the greatest power lifters we have ever seen and he's only 22. Oh, and did I mention he's from Idaho, we represent!
[YOUTUBE]uewAFmif_WU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UTe9GAScBcE[/YOUTUBE]

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Back is still sore but loosens up at the gym... Trying to keep light ish.
Front squats
Long warm up on the elliptical, stretching, rolled on a knot in my lower back with a 10 lb DB that f-ing hurt.
BarX10
65x10
95x10
115x10
135x10
155x10
185x10
205x10 Back felt better and better so just kept bumping plates until I got tired.

Machine leg press. First time using this piece of crap and probably the last...
200x20
280x20
380x20
495x2x20 that was all the weight it had:rofl:

Super sets
leg ext. machine, did single leg for 10 reps each leg.
65x5x10 each leg
Ham curl machine
55x5x10 each leg
Weighted crunch machine
145x4x25

Weighted sled sprints
120x2x60 yrds

DB farmers carry's
130x20 yrds
100x30 yrds Grip is shot so gave up on these.

Rocking an ice pack on the low back and my tens unit, for some preventive maint. Hopefully my SI will stop pestering me.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I hate weekend workouts but such is life.

Squats
5x205
5x265
5x315
3x365
5x415
3x365

Bench
5x135
5x175
5x205
3x245
5x275

Lots of decline situps and done. I still hate benching. :rofl:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I hate weekend workouts but such is life.

Squats
5x205
5x265
5x315
3x365
5x415
3x365

Bench
5x135
5x175
5x205
3x245
5x275

Lots of decline situps and done. I still hate benching. :rofl:

pretty good sets!
I hate decline sit ups!
but, if you're sitting in an 80* position (just slightly leaned back) on the decline bench arms extended out with hands Above your head, and have someone throw a small medicine ball for you to catch (10-20lbs) without releasing your seated position and falling back to rest...that's one of my favorite ab workouts...do 4 sets of 15 of those, some K-cuts in the roman chair and 100 reps of weighted crunches in 50x2, followed by 1min 30 sec side planks and a 3min standard front plank...and that's my "get the ladies" stomach set...:rofl:

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
The gf does the weight medicine ball toss thing, but I stick to just tossing for her

I will prob start doing declines with a plate or whatever, abs just need to be larger/stronger :D

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I tried an incline situp Wednesday morning. I though I was gonna cry it made my back hurt so bad. I don't know why it did but oh mylanta. I'll work on getting core and back strength up before I go to those again that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk