Weight Lifting/Body Building/Strong Man/Training thread

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Personally, I wish I was a "hardgainer" but I work in an office all day and am hardly on my feet or moving. I know a lot of you guys are active individuals and you can even see that based off their workouts listed alone. Youre putting out a lot of energy.

I'm not discrediting what anyone is saying or trying to say "im smarter", I'm just trying to help

I rarely sit down during a day. My job is very physically demanding. I definitely burn more than I take in. I would have to eat 10x a day, but some days I barely have time to eat once! Lol. Plus playing ice hockey on top of all that. I dont care how much I weigh, as long I get stronger.

Thats the main reason I switched to organic plant based protien with zero sugar.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
My main point was, being a hardgainer is just something that people call themselves when they are not able to gain weight. It has nothing to do with the "quality" of calories being consumed. Its as simple as your energy output being higher than your energy intake.

Unless you have a thyroid issue or are using gear, the energy balance equation is pretty easy to understand.

Personally, I wish I was a "hardgainer" but I work in an office all day and am hardly on my feet or moving. I know a lot of you guys are active individuals and you can even see that based off their workouts listed alone. Youre putting out a lot of energy.

Here's some reading to look at if you ever get bored.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nu...nutrient-storage-and-nutrient-oxidation.html/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/muscle-gain-mistakes.html/

http://www.alanaragon.com/articles

I'm not discrediting what anyone is saying or trying to say "im smarter", I'm just trying to help

Thank you!
I will dig into these links later, f'er sure...
:thumb:

And you're totally right, in my case...I simply expensive more than I take in, I know it, I've always known it...I just never slow down...

Really, it comes down to desire and priorities for me...if I wanted it bad enough, I'm sure I could attain my goal(s)
:eek:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I could eat 3000 cal/day and still not gain much weight. It took me 3 years to put on 35 pounds working out. That was eating and supplementing. Shit, I ran a resturant/pizza shop for 2 years and was there 12 hours a day. Def not clean meals. It was all I ate. I might have gained 5 pounds. Been this way my whole life and I love it. Everyone else my age is a fat ass and Im over here looking like 11th grade. Lol.

If you're only taking in 3000cals a day and expending the energy you say, yeah man, yoire loosing weight! I know I do of I take in that little...I was saying I need 3000cals at dinner...about 8000/day to gain and grow at a satisfying rate for my efforts...

Can't believe I'm doin this, but what the hell...laugh and poke fun all y'all want...
Pics attached for the Hard gainer applicant (just taken this morning too)
:baby:

Attachments

• IMG_20151117_245434000.jpg
    IMG_20151117_245434000.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20151117_245235689.jpg
    IMG_20151117_245235689.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 26

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
If it does, its way too late...

I get yearly blood work and used to live on the OG jack3d, never showed up in panels.

That being said, what are you guys shooting for water intake wise? I have my phone set to a 120oz goal spread from 8am to 10pm.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Funny story, had a high kid come workout with me back over summer. Said he wanted to be jacked:rofl: ain't that where we all started? Anyways, he comes walking in with a gallon jug of water.. I thought surely he isn't going to drink that whole thing. My workouts are only 45min long. This dude is pounding water like I've never seen before. He was literally peeing in between every set lol.

I drink maybe 1/2 gallon a day. I'll get in trouble at work if my machine is sitting while I spend all day pissing

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
If you're only taking in 3000cals a day and expending the energy you say, yeah man, yoire loosing weight! I know I do of I take in that little...I was saying I need 3000cals at dinner...about 8000/day to gain and grow at a satisfying rate for my efforts...

8,000! How in the hell would you do that? At my height and weight I need a little over 2k cal a day. WTF are you eating to get 3k in a sitting?

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I have to avoid dairy as much as possible...No whey for me. Besides, those supplements are filled with garbage. Im not really concerned with gaining weight anyway. Im just curious how one goes about getting that many calories in a day.