Want the biggest single cp3 and still be streetable.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I too would really like to run a big/modded single CP3 vs. duals...for several reasons.

Much cleaner/less underhood clutter. Less piping, wiring, hoses, brackets, etc.

I run a van thermostat housing/radiator hose...I dont think dual CP3's would clear?

I have a big/thick intercooler that bumps out the stock radiator/TCM mount...not sure duals CP3's would clear the TCM mount/pushed-back rad shroud. And I dont want to relocate it. I like it clean and "factory" right where it is...

I dont want to have to keep a super long belt with me, and the PPE belt routing is kinda annoying how it goes over the oil fill

Im not going to put a cage in my truck; as long as I have enough fuel to run 11.500 at full street weight (7200-7300ish) with a less than perfect 60' time (1.8ish), I would be happy. With twin turbos for air, I dont think thats too much to ask of a modded single CP3. I would think even a "middle of the road" modded CP3 would be able to get that? I dont think you would need a tapped-out unreliable huge monstor single CP3 for that????

JMO

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I too would really like to run a big/modded single CP3 vs. duals...for several reasons.

I run a van thermostat housing/radiator hose...I dont think dual CP3's would clear?

I have a big/thick intercooler that bumps out the stock radiator/TCM mount...not sure duals CP3's would clear the TCM mount/pushed-back rad shroud. And I dont want to relocate it. I like it clean and "factory" right where it is...

I dont want to have to keep a super long belt with me, and the PPE belt routing is kinda annoying how it goes over the oil fill

Im not going to put a cage in my truck; as long as I have enough fuel to run 11.500 at full street weight (7200-7300ish) with a less than perfect 60' time (1.8ish), I would be happy. With twin turbos for air, I dont think thats too much to ask of a modded single CP3. I would think even a "middle of the road" modded CP3 would be able to get that? I dont think you would need a tapped-out unreliable huge monstor single CP3 for that????

JMO

Dual CP3 does clear the TCM when running a thick CAC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Sounds like my truck with dual cp3s Ben, lol. It fits fine, remember? Tcm mount is the only difference.

JMO

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I only recommend modded pumps when the rules restrict you to a single pump or 2 stock pumps isn't enough for what you are doing. I have a lot of guys running Floor It Stage 3 and Stage 2 pumps without issues, but we have had a few failures. John has always gone above and beyond to take care of them with new pumps though. We all know you can't go wrong with Exergy when it comes to fuel systems.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
How does that change the belt alignment? It's still not going to hit the TCM.

Sphinny already confirmed that the TCM shroud isnt an issue with a stock fan shroud, stock TCM mount, and bigger intercooler.

The question I have is regarding the van t-stat housing, on my truck. In order for the radiator hose to make the ~120* bend back around and up to the van t-stat housing, I think its going to be right in the way of a typical dual CP3 setup.

Tims truck isnt even close to being the same configuration as mine. His 2nd CP3 is mounted where the AC compressor goes, he has nothing in the "2nd alternator location" (where the 2nd CP3 usually goes), he has the TCM not in the factory location, and he has no big fan shroud.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Sphinny already confirmed that the TCM shroud isnt an issue with a stock fan shroud, stock TCM mount, and bigger intercooler.

The question I have is regarding the van t-stat housing, on my truck. In order for the radiator hose to make the ~120* bend back around and up to the van t-stat housing, I think its going to be right in the way of a typical dual CP3 setup.

Tims truck isnt even close to being the same configuration as mine. His 2nd CP3 is mounted where the AC compressor goes, he has nothing in the "2nd alternator location" (where the 2nd CP3 usually goes), he has the TCM not in the factory location, and he has no big fan shroud.

I'm just sayin Ben, you're hose runs tighter than mine even...its better than a grenaded cp3

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Does anyone know how far hp wise, one of those bag of parts kits will take you? If the stock cp3 is 600ish, they claim 15% more fuel flow,has anyone run this bag o parts and bigger injectors? to what level?

embs200

Jan 1, 2012
ATL, GA
what i want to know is how far 2 lbz mod regulator pumps can take you. far enough to not blow 2k on a pump that will fail?

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I'm running 2 100K+ LB7 pumps with LBZ regs and running 11.7s at 7000lbs on 37s with 0 loss of rail....and got the second pump/kit for cheaper than a modded single