Want the biggest single cp3 and still be streetable.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
It was a wicked diesel pump. It lasted 2.5 years and roughly 12,000 miles. It was 1700$. Dual CP3 kits are not 2500$ like they used to be, but rather much much cheaper. You would be much happier with a Dual Pump kit trust me.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
At this time I don't even have a pump so I'm SOL on that at this time. So no one has had longevity out of any single BIG modded pumps? So how bout a stge 3? Not maxed out but all internals have been replaced?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
To be honest? I'm no longer recommending mod'd pumps at this time for street trucks.

We need another solution for a single pump with huge capacity, but that has been true for 7 years.

Modding the regulator on a LBZ pump with a 15 PSI lift pump is what I recommend at this time.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
At this time I don't even have a pump so I'm SOL on that at this time. So no one has had longevity out of any single BIG modded pumps? So how bout a stge 3? Not maxed out but all internals have been replaced?

A stage III is what I was running. Contact Dan @ PPE for the best price on a dual pump kit

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Here is the deal and I'm sure ppl think I'm dumb as hell for doing this but I over built my motor for SD and sportsman. I tow and DD my truck all the time. I will drive 10+ hrs to a race and then back home. I will put multiple passes on my truck at the local track practicing. I know big companies test there said pumps for holding rail and flow. But how bout logevity? And company willing to put there pump to a test? And I will do all my labor for FREE!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Here is the deal and I'm sure ppl think I'm dumb as hell for doing this but I over built my motor for SD and sportsman. I tow and DD my truck all the time. I will drive 10+ hrs to a race and then back home. I will put multiple passes on my truck at the local track practicing. I know big companies test there said pumps for holding rail and flow. But how bout logevity? And company willing to put there pump to a test? And I will do all my labor for FREE!

I'm sorry but I doubt any company is going to give you a 2000$ pump to test. Mine took.years.to fail. If you have to go with a modded pump contact Exergy.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
I have had one of John's 120% pumps for about 2 years now with about 10,000 miles with no issues. Multiple truck pulls and 1/4 mile runs. It has not failed me yet and it has been driven to every event and home again.

I must be lucky.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I have had one of John's 120% pumps for about 2 years now with about 10,000 miles with no issues. Multiple truck pulls and 1/4 mile runs. It has not failed me yet and it has been driven to every event and home again.

I must be lucky.

im not sure how you can claim that when you still have not figured out your rail pressure issue yet. as much as it could be your FPRV or injectors, the possibility of it being your CP3 is still very present.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Mark at Danville has had his Exergy stroker pump for quite a while now and it's still going strong. Have to call him for more details...

They were still in the making when I bought another pump. I wonder how they are doing?

P Pump a dmax? possible? lol

Yes, you'll have to figure it out yourself though. There are no "kits". I know of atleast 2 people who have done it. Maybe more, but there keeping it secret.

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I'm sure for what you'll spend for a big bad modded pump you would be able to find a decent used lbz pump and a kit for the same pricE if not less.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
If I had twins(more air) I could use what I had but that's not in the budget. WD and floor it pumps seem to be the most reliable. I've heard of one WD fail and none of Johns. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

I know of at least three of Johns pimps failing. All of which were on the same truck. That's not good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I know of a very well respected member here who had a WD pump fail in a dual pump setup several years ago

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
I know of at least three of Johns pimps failing. All of which were on the same truck. That's not good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hes going to loose $$$ if his pimps are failing, whose gonna keep the b!tches in line?:roflmao:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
IMO stuff like modded pumps, cheetahs, "custom 2.x 3.x chargers" and whatnot is all sled puller chit that is trying to work around a written set of rules. It confuses people, but in regard to efficiency there is no reason to pick a stroker single over dual stock pumps, no reason to pick a superported batmocheetah over any ~S366 or ~S466 type setup etc