Want the biggest single cp3 and still be streetable.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
So what is being said is that you can get a dual fueler kit and second used CP3 for about or less than the price of a new stroker CP3 and it will last forever. That and as several have posted there is not really a reason to run a big modded pump unless your class requires it. I remember seeing a few guys go to triple CP3s just so they didn’t have to run the modded pumps but I don’t see anyone running out of fuel with 2 stock LBZ pumps on any true street truck

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
If I hadn't sold my pump already I would do duals...but it's good info coming out here that you can use older pumps in a dual cp3 set up and maintain rail!

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Sorry forgot you sold yours. If it was me I would almost just put a stock LBZ pump in the valley then wait till I had the extra cash to do a used pump and dual fueler

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'm sorry but I doubt any company is going to give you a 2000$ pump to test. Mine took.years.to fail. If you have to go with a modded pump contact Exergy.

Only because you only put on 12 000 miles in 2.5 years. That's 6 months or less on my truck!!

I would also like to run a big single but reliability seems to be an issue. So I'm going to push the single till it won't hold rail and go from there. What is the deal with the two routing ways on the PPE? Why?

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
here's a question, at what point does a cp3 become too weak to bother putting another pump over it? My cp3 is getting weaker everyday, and even tho i dont really have the money for a dual fueler kit and another pump, id rather spend the money now if it means saving me from having to buy 2 pumps later down the road.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
here's a question, at what point does a cp3 become too weak to bother putting another pump over it? My cp3 is getting weaker everyday, and even tho i dont really have the money for a dual fueler kit and another pump, id rather spend the money now if it means saving me from having to buy 2 pumps later down the road.

If your pump is questionable but still works and your going to get a 2nd CP3, I would put the new one in the valley right off the bat so later on if does crap it's shorts at least it's easy to get to and work on. It's tough to predict when it will fail, it could be weak for a long time or it could just go tomorrow.

I know if I go to duals, I'm putting my original pump in the 2nd location for that very reason.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Well before my dual fuelers on stock sticks i could drain the rail to 21-22k on any tune above 2800uS. This was with a commanded of 25.5k. i got 168k on this pump and then threw another 100K+ mile pump on my dual dueler and it will hold my 45 overs at 3000uS and commanded of 25.5k all day long.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Good to hear. I just don't want to put off getting a second pump so long that I end up killing my cp3 in the valley rendering it completely useless. Right now it will drop to 21,000 on a 3100us tune

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
So on my Lly it commands 23,700 or so the big tune, I will drain the rails to 21kpsion. 3xxx uS tune believe its around 3200uS. That's not to bad right? Stock sticks and pump with Lbz regulator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
If it's an LBZ, save your money...

Save my money for what, then? I am having my injectors turned up and dialed in to 40% over stock, and am wondering when my cp3 will tap out? I'd like to address this now, so any input i can arm myself with before i talk to the shop would be great. I trust the guys im working with whole heartedly, i just like to feel somewhat educated about what they are telling me, and possibly be able to interject my own input, be able to hold my own in the convesation, ya know.
Thanks guys

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
Save my money for what, then? I am having my injectors turned up and dialed in to 40% over stock, and am wondering when my cp3 will tap out? I'd like to address this now, so any input i can arm myself with before i talk to the shop would be great. I trust the guys im working with whole heartedly, i just like to feel somewhat educated about what they are telling me, and possibly be able to interject my own input, be able to hold my own in the convesation, ya know.
Thanks guys

Save it for a bigger single pump or twin pumps

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Thanks guys

Well let's start by not saying having your injectors "turned up".