Want the biggest single cp3 and still be streetable.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Everyone says avoid modified pumps. For reliability you want dual stock cp3s. I would already have a mod pump but everyone talked me out of it. Plus my 80k mile lly cp3 maintains within 200psi on my hot tune with big injectors. Holds 25k stock:woott:

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
I will be testing a big modded pump shortly. Waiting for delivery. Will race, tow and take long trips with the truck. Will report reliability and tuning.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Quick question, if I upgraded to a new Lbz pump, how much whp would one gain by doing this. Obviously you going from 23k up to 26k+. I have a Lbz regulator on my Lly pump and I see around 24,xxx psi at times. But it seems to surge at low throttle, taking off slowly it will surge a bit. But not at idle, believe I have to tighten the reg a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
I've got 50k out of a single modded so far without issues...it's not huge about 85ish over...seems like the issues start around a stg.4 so to speak...and I know for a fact one shop had a truck kill 3 Bigg II pumps in about 3 pulls when they first released em

I can still run 2.6 with it...the dual big pumps I had were great but just not for the street

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Has anyone tried exergy's sportsmen pump?

I was told by exergy the sportsman pump was only good for more volume at high rpm, when a stock cp3 would plateau in the higher rpm that pump will still push fuel. So i was told, true to its name, you probably wont see the benifit of the sportsman pump on the street. I was told that pump shines above 3600rpm, but is no better than a stock lbz/lmm pump below that.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I was told by exergy the sportsman pump was only good for more volume at high rpm, when a stock cp3 would plateau in the higher rpm that pump will still push fuel. So i was told, true to its name, you probably wont see the benifit of the sportsman pump on the street. I was told that pump shines above 3600rpm, but is no better than a stock lbz/lmm pump below that.

That doesn't make sense to me

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Update to this thread. I bought a Floor it stge 3 pump and got it some what close to the promise date. I have about 500 miles on it sofar and tuning it was fairly easy. Adjusting the desired vs. current on my lbz (mod reg) and a little for the ad250. No jumpy or surging idle or RP. Went to the track this weekend and was able to hold 27k for the most part down the track on 60 overs and a 2350pw. Very happy and will be raising the PW up more soon.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
That doesn't make sense to me

Talk to harvey at exergy, i didn't really understand what he was trying to convey either, the only thing i remotely understood, was that it performed better at higher rpm? And was more suited to racing, rather than dd street driving, or towing.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Exergys cp3s are ANImALS!!! Highly recommend!

I agree 150%! Got to test the new 12mm stroker for alittle while and it might as well been dual fueled! Capable of more power than my stock motor cared for and a new single pump pumped fuel only record for me at 821hp. Had no issue keeping up with 100%inj.:thumb:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I agree 150%! Got to test the new 12mm stroker for alittle while and it might as well been dual fueled! Capable of more power than my stock motor cared for and a new single pump pumped fuel only record for me at 821hp. Had no issue keeping up with 100%inj.:thumb:

Whats the price on the 12mm stroker?