UPS Strikes Again

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
There was a kid in my hometown a few years ago who had an apparently great paying job at a UPS distribution center near ATL. He had really expensive guitars, the latest apple gear, designer clothes, even a nice tuned up VW his parents weren't helping pay for.

Turns out he didn't pay for any of it, and he sold a bunch more "new in box!" Apple things on eBay that weren't his either. He was arrested and lawyered up the last time I saw him, pretty sure he's in middle class jail now.

If you're in the South East there's a good chance your Online purchases funded his social life.:roflmao:

On the bright side though, he was caught by whatever internal investigations UPS does. So I guess once they've f***** over enough people, thieves and liars eventually get fired. The whole thing must've been going on 2 or 3 years though because he did it through multiple big apple product releases and ruined Christmas twice!

Magnus

Jun 22, 2013
And this is no lie... Somebody I KNOW. Somebody I drank beers with at home on leave before all this came to light.

Mike diesel I bet somebody at your local hub was planning his own turbo swap before the claim came open and he realized the investigation would point to the only dmax owner in the distribution center :spit:

blue09dmaxx

Too broke for this shit
Jan 15, 2012
The south
I sent heads to Cali to Russ completely ****ed them up got 100 bucks plus shipping back last month hooray me and yes it's gotten piss poor

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
And this is no lie... Somebody I KNOW. Somebody I drank beers with at home on leave before all this came to light.

Mike diesel I bet somebody at your local hub was planning his own turbo swap before the claim came open and he realized the investigation would point to the only dmax owner in the distribution center :spit:

^^^ My thoughts exactly. The items were so poorly packaged and the box was completely blown open. Could see right in at all the goods.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
This is exactly how I picked my turbo kit up from ups after 2 weeks of fighting with them trying to find it. Now sure how everything even stayed in the box.

20131218_101135_zps9a28a778.jpg

badassdmaxx

May 15, 2012
wow.. could you imagine how a tv would look if you shipped via ups? I don't understand. its like when you fly and your luggage gets all banged up. they literally throw everything around. Well, all it is these days is about who can ship the fastest and for cheapest (which it is expensive still). but hell i would wait an extra few days if they actually handled my packages properly.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
One observation I do have is many of you guys need some seriously remedial instruction on how to pack things for shipping when you're selling items from here.
Geezus H Cripes I can't believe how badly they are packed from some of these pics.
Do you all just throw whatever soft you have sitting in the garage into the boxes and call that "packing material", plus using whatever oddball-sized box you have available at the time?!?!?!?

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
when I sent my injectors to be checked and rebuilt, I make a foam sandwich from blue high density insulating foam. All injectors had their own compartment, solid foam top and bottom layer. And the box was "tight" when I taped it shut. Nothing in that box could move. I was afraid the box would be overweight for the If it fits it ships from USPS, but it passed and arrived first class with insurance in 2 days.

I have used UPS, Fedex and USPS for shipping. It's hit or miss with any of them. All of them seem to loose packages for days on end.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
When I sent my turbo to Danville I put it in a box, then I padded another larger box and set the box with the turbo inside it, like nesting dolls :D

I really like the idea from the first page of this thread, using expanding spray foam and painters plastic, damn smart:thumb:

Next time do yourself a favor, get some spray foam from the store, the kind that is used for sealing cracks and crevices and some painters plastic.

Wrap your item in plastic, spray foam the bottom of the box, throw a little plastic on it and set your part in there.

Repeat for the sides and then the top.

Use HD Clear tape and you won't ever have an issue, also always insure the part for the value, plus the shipping and as a new part and not used.

I ship tons of stuff and always hope that it gets there, but when it does not I am covered and so is my customer.

Good Luck

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
When I have mailed turbos out, I always spend the extra 10-15 bucks and get a tupperware container and paid it solid, then drill holes in lip around and put 20-ish zip ties holding it together. Hasn't failed me yet, and easy to carry.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
When shipping big or heavy parts go to UPS Store or other shipping service store in your area. I have always done it that way and always bought the insurance that way any problems THEY are to blame and not you...

Doesnt work, i had a package sit at the ups store for 2 weeks before inwas notified that the driver refused to pick it up as he would have to dolly it out to his truck and he doesnt carry a dolly. This was an item i sold and made me look very bad to the buyer, the ups driver assigned to that store or however it works said it was just too heavy. 40# and wrapped in cardboard and bubble wrap. I delivered it to the dock myself and it still showed up with cracked glass and a broke wiper motor, which is anbig deal as they are not manufactured anymore or for the last 20 years.

This isnt just ups, fedex, dhl, usps have f*#ked shit up for me in the past, fedex left a pallet of electrical vintage military radios i sold sit out side in the rain for 2 days, also sold a duece and half bed cover was left out in the rain and the buyer sent pictures of it covered in mold.

Nobody cares about other anymore, its sad those of us who do care about others money and hard earned investments are getting smaller and smaller, with facebook, twitter, and the other dumb ass social media sights taking the human element away from life has caused this. Its the baby bommers and the generation me's that have made the biggest negative affect on this country. Everyone is suing someone, you cant say this you cant say that dont look this way, its not the childs fault he has add adhd mild autism there is always an excuse...

Sorry rant

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Here is what happens when you pay the UPS store to package things and ship for you... I purchased these from a member, and he chose to pay UPS to pack them. One head had the valve springs toward the other head deck surface, and then took a 1600mi trip with nothing more then packing peanuts.
e2e3e6uq.jpg
a2u9ajer.jpg
6a2ysaju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Here is what happens when you pay the UPS store to package things and ship for you... I purchased these from a member, and he chose to pay UPS to pack them. One head had the valve springs toward the other head deck surface, and then took a 1600mi trip with nothing more then packing peanuts.
e2e3e6uq.jpg
a2u9ajer.jpg
6a2ysaju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look decent Russ, I'd say run em':)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Again...never, EVER use packing peanuts (or any kind of styrofoam) when shipping heavy metal objects. :doh:

BTW, the UPS Store are not UPS employees, same with our 1-800 number call center people. Keep that in mind.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I was told by UPS that the foam filled filler would be the only way that your package would be covered if a claim was filed. Like Tony was talking about doing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk