Twins with Twins, Anyone?

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
The SAE medium duty pattern works well for many applications. Sticking with allen head socket screws for all the mounting hardware. Cuts down on the toolkit size..

7ea803df6306198bb4b8f1c0d0c8cb9a.jpg
96644f01327523f5bba1623261b29b14.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Not Dtech, but not Bosch either. Whats been the issue?

I have a couple used factory sets here, but would prefer some new ends. Anyone have the bosch part # 's ?

I ran the Dipaco set on my truck (might be the same as dtech?) The fittings are fine, and I've had them off and back on with no issues, but the hose the kits came with is junk. The ends looked dry rotted and cracked (started leaking after a few months) so I swapped it for Gates 4mm hose.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Good to know. Like the fittings, that bosch 4mm hose with external braid is not easy to find. I planned to use a better quality hose than what came in the kit, soon as I find find it.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Thanks much. Have a few extra feet ya wanta sell??

I haven't actually measured these barbs or stocks yet, but isn't the OEM line Bosch uses actually a 3.6mm? That's a common size, and used on some smaller cc gas engines. My biggest requirement is finding a biofuel compatible grade, cause I've witnessed the cracking you reported on my MB CDI with EU spec rubbers. A PVC would be great, but ya can run into some USCG issues that say no no..

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
A lot of people are saying motors aren't made to run 100% all the time. While I agree with that but I worked on a rock crusher for the longest time and we were portable so everywhere we went we had all of our belts, jaws, cones, qc lab, 10k gallons of diesel and a trailer that carried two cat c27 generators for when we didn't have line power. They were twin turbo capable of up to 600 volts at 60 hz. Big difference to what your needing. I'm only saying that we would run those 24 hours a day non stop. Sometimes hooking everything to one if the other was down. By then end of shift the turbos were glowing hot red. Point is motors can run like that.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
A lot of people are saying motors aren't made to run 100% all the time. While I agree with that but I worked on a rock crusher for the longest time and we were portable so everywhere we went we had all of our belts, jaws, cones, qc lab, 10k gallons of diesel and a trailer that carried two cat c27 generators for when we didn't have line power. They were twin turbo capable of up to 600 volts at 60 hz. Big difference to what your needing. I'm only saying that we would run those 24 hours a day non stop. Sometimes hooking everything to one if the other was down. By then end of shift the turbos were glowing hot red. Point is motors can run like that.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

C27 and a Duramax are so different. The only thing in common is they both run on diesel...

The reason a Gen set can run like that is it's a constant load, within the engines designed capabilities.

A built Duramax in a Boat is about as harsh an environment as I can think of.

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
C27 and a Duramax are so different. The only thing in common is they both run on diesel...

The reason a Gen set can run like that is it's a constant load, within the engines designed capabilities.

A built Duramax in a Boat is about as harsh an environment as I can think of.
Well I know it's different I said that. I only meant that we ran the piss out of them and they just took it. And with the sizes of rock being fed it wasn't constant power. It was all over the place. But I know it's a huge difference it's just amazing if built right for what ever it's intended for how well a motor can hold.up. and I should say the c27 or any of their generators are not intended for constant use. They were meant for emergency use usually. We had them waaay over loaded all the time lol. It just makes me wonder if you can run a generator 24 hours a day to the point where the turbos are glowing red hot but it still holds why diesel motors at such high power applications are hard to keep together. I'm no mechanic so I probably sound dumb.

2008 gmc sierra 2500 lmm

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Not at all..
If it will run wide open fully loaded for 1 minute, it should do it for weeks on end till needs an oil change. Trick is, getting an engine designed to make 400hp running wide open, to hold 8-900hp under those same conditions.

Turbos are designed to spin maxed out for thousands of hours without failing. So that's not a concern. Duramax pistons on the other hand....

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Not at all..
If it will run wide open fully loaded for 1 minute, it should do it for weeks on end till needs an oil change. Trick is, getting an engine designed to make 400hp running wide open, to hold 8-900hp under those same conditions.

Turbos are designed to spin maxed out for thousands of hours without failing. So that's not a concern. CARDBORAD pistons on the other hand....

Fixed that for you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I've been chatting with JJ from Diamond lately. I feel the Mahle mono options are likely never going to develop.. Not enough $$ demand. But, I'm willing to donate the bottom end hardware to science, and he's working on the piston weight issues. Hope to get something rolling just to see why it's like such a big azz deal to get these out into the world ..

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Thanks much. Have a few extra feet ya wanta sell??

I haven't actually measured these barbs or stocks yet, but isn't the OEM line Bosch uses actually a 3.6mm? That's a common size, and used on some smaller cc gas engines. My biggest requirement is finding a biofuel compatible grade, cause I've witnessed the cracking you reported on my MB CDI with EU spec rubbers. A PVC would be great, but ya can run into some USCG issues that say no no..

I have a lot extra. How much do you want?