Twins with Twins, Anyone?

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Mike Humphrey. He is who tore down and hot tanked these spares some years back. Also did the rod work, and final balance of all the heavy spinning pieces. Life long machinist and Logan native. It's either been him or Oaks since I started playing again.

Ah wait, did use Fowler to do the old LLY block. Guess they are gone now.

3f15a2e70211833700ab7790d80eb70e.jpg

Fowler closed down and sold out a year or so ago

There is a new player in the game though. He’s in Newark

Larry Morgan……

You might have heard of him. 😂

Reactions: kidturbo

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Fowler did good work, I just didn't have enough engines in my toys to make his top 20 customers list. Which I realized when the guy behind me dropped of 3 aluminum big blocks. My old Dmax block sat in the corner half a year..

Still only engine shop owner I ever met who drove a 65 AMG....

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lutzjk913

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Fowler did good work, I just didn't have enough engines in my toys to make his top 20 customers list. Which I realized when the guy behind me dropped of 3 aluminum big blocks. My old Dmax block sat in the corner half a year..

Still only engine shop owner I ever met who drove a 65 AMG....

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Ever talked to Drew at D&J in Cambridge?

Reactions: lutzjk913

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Ever talked to Drew at D&J in Cambridge?
Haven't heard of them. Don't know many people up that way.

Do find it funny that many of my buddies from school, who grew up in big farm pullin families, walked away for decades, and now seem to be getting back into the game. Have a good little farm circuit going over here last few years. Yet all of our local machine shops that we kept hopping thru the 80's and 90's, have long since gone away. Luckily, a few of those good old machinists carried some of those decent mills and skill out the door and into their home garage. So now I find myself tripping over peoples parts in small shops , with names on em that I haven't seen in 20 years..

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Haven't heard of them. Don't know many people up that way.

Do find it funny that many of my buddies from school, who grew up in big farm pullin families, walked away for decades, and now seem to be getting back into the game. Have a good little farm circuit going over here last few years. Yet all of our local machine shops that we kept hopping thru the 80's and 90's, have long since gone away. Luckily, a few of those good old machinists carried some of those decent mills and skill out the door and into their home garage. So now I find myself tripping over peoples parts in small shops , with names on em that I haven't seen in 20 years..
Whaaaat?? Say it ain't so! His shop is big into Cummins stuff, but I'm sure he'd be able to do what you need. Drew use to work at Enterprise Engine when Dave was still around