Time to see what she can do.... LBZ Chevelle

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Yeah, Still the T400. We want to see how much it will change with the XP5. Plus we sent the XP5 converter back again for a Re-Stall. The 400's converter is definetly not up to par on the top end, rpm was a bunch higher then it should be. The lockup of the XP5 and being a better Trans all the way around should be interesting.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
:cool2: gettin er dialed

Sorry to hear about the up pipe, how tough is it to get to in the chevelle body?

Looks like you are getting the launch down real good, when are you gonna stiffen up the frame? Looks like it squats to the passenger side a bit for the whole run, or can you maybe just chain the engine down?

Anyways, looks good man:thumb:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Up pipe only takes about 15min to change, There is plenty of room.

She's got a long way to go to be dialed. This is stock type suspension, with the stock sway bar. We have an anti roll bar and an air bag for the RR in the works. The frame is as stiff as its going to get, it's got an 8.50 cert cage. And we can't do anything more to "chain the eng down" it's on solid mounts. The torque is just nuts, can't wait to get some good tunes in her :woott:!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Daaaaaaaammmmnnn! Is All I can say.

That's pretty cool Russ:thumb:

It's a badd azz car:happy2:

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
how far does it carry the drivers front wheel??? looks like its twisting the shit out of that chassis... pretty awesome!

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Not sure, but hopefully soon they will carry evenly. I'd like to see some 1.3 60's. So far 1.54 60', and if you watch the vid it spins the tire twice before moving. We have some alum bushings going in the front end to loosen it up some. Gotta get the weight to transfer faster, and evenly..

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
yeah that was an impressive run for a sweet ass car :thumb: glad i was there to see it run.

on the other hand WTF happened to the pulling truck that run was such a disappointment :(

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
yeah that was an impressive run for a sweet ass car :thumb: glad i was there to see it run.

on the other hand WTF happened to the pulling truck that run was such a disappointment :(

My USB port on my laptop broke, and the tcm tune would not load. It said it was loading but didn't. I tried twice before the pull, and once while waiting in staging, no luck. So basicly I couldn't keep it locked in third to keep the turbo lit. I switched to a smaller tune while pulling, and then back to the big tune but it was too late..

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
ohh dang that's such a bummer i was rooting for you and i felt pretty bad telling all the stupid rednecks in the grandstand that the fords would get spanked by the only Chevy Dmax out there.

I couldnt believe how hard it pulled once the sled just about had you stopped though.

maybe next time :)

Osubeaver

Professional Grade
Aug 30, 2008
Oregon
That car is awesome. Nice work. I was standing in the staging lanes next to an older guy when it ran and he goes something like "What the hell, he got a diesel in that thing????!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL. Maybe you should hook your shit to the sled next time and show 'em how it's done.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
That car is awesome. Nice work. I was standing in the staging lanes next to an older guy when it ran and he goes something like "What the hell, he got a diesel in that thing????!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL. Maybe you should hook your shit to the sled next time and show 'em how it's done.

no thats not what i meant, i was there i saw the truck in person, it looks and sounds badass and is very well built so i just expected more but as said above he had an issue getting a tune loaded, i jsut didnt want a stupid ass ford to win thats all

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
no thats not what i meant, i was there i saw the truck in person, it looks and sounds badass and is very well built so i just expected more but as said above he had an issue getting a tune loaded, i jsut didnt want a stupid ass ford to win thats all

A Ford didn't win lol, we took home the 3.0 trophy being the only 3.0 truck :woott: :roflmao:. All the other trucks were 2.6 class! The truck has a long way to go to get it figured out and dialed in. It's a whole new learning curve for sure. Having two programs running the same day, and right after each other is pretty stressful also. We were wrenching on the Chevelle right before the final. A wiring issue would not engage the starter. We had to jump the soloniod to start it, and leave it running until the final round. With all the small issues with the car, I never got to get the truck ready. They went right into pulling, with not much of a break.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
oh I guess a win is a win right :thumb: i didnt know they were two different classes, i got into the stands late when the pulling started.
regardless its a sweet setup you got on that truck, i like it.

almost 2 hours early on pulling i was surprised too and trying to juggle two competition vehicles at the same event is not easy, i'm just glad the Chevelle did so well, awesome car!

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.

Thanks! Thats the best part.., seeing everybody's confused looks. Most start saying "Ahh he hurt the motor" ect when they see the smoke.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
We headed to the track Sat to test the new prototype Hughes 13" lockup converter. We entered Super Pro but lost the 2nd round by 15,000/sec. Not bad for a car without electronics in an electronics allowed class. Anyhow the new converter works perfect, and went faster without using lockup then we did previous with the 10.5" lockup. It's headed back to Hughes today so they can install the lockup portion of the converter. From our last logs, lockup has been worth 7-9mph. We made it over the hump, and dropped into the 9's finally. Here is a comparison between the T400 and our XP5, both in non lockup form.

Turbo 400 trans: 1/8th MPH and ET- 6.47 @ 108 MPH*1.57 60', full pass...... 10.05 @ 135.9.* best ever
XP5 Power Glide: non lock up 13" converter, 1/8th MPH and ET - 6.45 @ 112 MPH 1.60 60', full pass...... 9.90 @ 137.9 (same tuning as above)

XP5 Power Glide: with lock up 10.5" converter, 1/8 MPH and ET - 6.79 @ 112 1.83 60', full pass.... 10.28 @ 142 (

Last edited: