The 5 Day Thrash Begins !!!!!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Talked to Trent last night, it went 10.11 @ 124 he shut it down due to an issue it was on a lower tune on the DSP though

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Well I received a package from ATS today , I talked to them at the beginning of the week and they sent me a new dual CP3 controller free of charge , some of you may have read about the problems i ran into down in Vegas last weekend with the truck not holding rail pressure . I got the new box installed today , so this evening me and my brother decided to take the truck out for a little spin to see if the fueling problem is fixed and lift our spirits a bit and damn ..................................................................................................................................................... all I have to say is its going to be interesting the next trip to the track , this mother @#$%^$ is fast :eek::D as long as weather holds we are taking it out again Friday night @ the Midnight drags @ RMR .

I'm having terrible problems holding rail and my rail pressure goes up and down like a yo yo. I thought about changing the dual cp3 controller but everyone has assured me either they work or they don't. So I'm wondering how you new your controller was gone. I put a wot switch in mine and I can hold rail easy but it still goes up and down like a yo yo. Has me thinking. Best of luck working the little bugs out of your trcuk can't wait to see it run at it's potential.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I'm having terrible problems holding rail and my rail pressure goes up and down like a yo yo. I thought about changing the dual cp3 controller but everyone has assured me either they work or they don't. So I'm wondering how you new your controller was gone. I put a wot switch in mine and I can hold rail easy but it still goes up and down like a yo yo. Has me thinking. Best of luck working the little bugs out of your trcuk can't wait to see it run at it's potential.

Have you changed the rail pressure adjustment tables?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Talked to Trent last night, it went 10.11 @ 124 he shut it down due to an issue it was on a lower tune on the DSP though

Sorry guys got home late last night and drove to northern WY today and will be heading back home in the AM, truck ran real good ............... until it broke :eek: the cooling system blew the lower hose of the motor and lost all the water out of the motor, I might have to pull the heads and see if its a head gasket or cup problem and check to see if anything got damaged from how hot it got, the good news is it went as fast on the #3 tune as it was last year on the big one

from memory the run was
1.61 60ft
6.5 1/8 @112 mph
10.11 @ 12*
I know track officials were mad at him for making a swimming pool out of coolant ....
Ya they weren't too happy but after finding out it was just water and seeing all the other stuff I have done to the truck to try and prevent spills they were ok.

Last edited:

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
Here is a crappy cell phone video.

I can't get the link to work from my phone I will try and get on later and fix it.

[YOUTUBE]RTZOx3BZBTo[/YOUTUBE]

:witch: fixed it

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
It sounds completely different than the big twin set up. I am pretty confident that I like the way it sounds. It will get dialed in ... stand back when it does.:thumb: It looks like the radiator hose let loose at about 1000' mark or so, wonder what it would have been if it all kept together.

Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
Sounds like it's spooling pretty well off the line and getting to the 330' quicker than the twins were last year. You spraying it to get the turbos to zip up? Or did you not have to? Congrats on the progress! :thumb:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
clean run looked good hope nothing serious is broke

nice trent!!! truck is gunna be a freakin runner when you get her dialed in.

Nice :thumb:

Hope it was just a loose Hose Clamp ?? and no damage !!

Thanks guys , I think it was a injector cup based from the symptoms but we'll see when i tear it down .

It sounds completely different than the big twin set up. I am pretty confident that I like the way it sounds. It will get dialed in ... stand back when it does.:thumb: It looks like the radiator hose let loose at about 1000' mark or so, wonder what it would have been if it all kept together.

ya it def sounds different , in a good way the turbo's are f'ing loud :D , it would have been in the high 9's from looking at the slip , lets hope she picks up a bit from a few clicks on the DSP !

Sounds like it's spooling pretty well off the line and getting to the 330' quicker than the twins were last year. You spraying it to get the turbos to zip up? Or did you not have to? Congrats on the progress! :thumb:

Thanks Levi and yes the new turbo setup is cleaning up a lot more smoke and came on lightning quick , the first 10 psi takes some work after that its lethal , I was shocked by how fast it cleaned up compared to last year .

that pass was fuel only :D

Thats correct , I actual tried to get the bottle filled Friday just in case but ran out of time so never did , nice to know i can run it on fuel , but i plan to use spray for staging , doubt i will use it during the run ever .